997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC's DSC quick review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Makbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the rough
Nice write up. Will be placing my order when I get back to NY.
Nick

Last edited by Makbros; 01-20-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:07 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Makbros
Nice write up. Will be placing my order when I get back to NY.
Nick
Thanks Nick! This module will make our next run up Bear Mountain 100x better! LOL

Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by akunob
Here you go,

Beneath the glove box, the dark area is the foam like cover, which needs to come off first. The carpeted area to the right of the foam cover is where you need to peel back to access the OEM PASM box

Here is a shot of the module in place, what you see at the bottom is the carpet peeled back. It goes right back into place however when done. Note the black plastic clamps which hold the module in place...be careful not to snap them (although they are fairly sturdy).

Awesome and thanks! Just need to wait for spring to arrive and the dollar to spring back! 😊

Old 01-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
just finished installing and driving around the block. wow!! such an easy mod, and the biggest difference in driving comfort!! great product!!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Was the case for the module changed to plastic?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Taeisallin is on a distinguished road
yes, its white plastic!

Old 01-21-2015, 10:32 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
Awesome and thanks! Just need to wait for spring to arrive and the dollar to spring back! 😊
Just read that the US dollar is hitting decade highs! I suspect a correction is due soon... Pick up the unit anyway, what's a few C$ between you and satisfaction Like many have said, (and I can vouch) it's worth it...

Old 01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Taeisallin
just finished installing and driving around the block. wow!! such an easy mod, and the biggest difference in driving comfort!! great product!!
I can concur, on that first drive I wondered if my township had fixed the roads!! I can't wait to really push it. I'm considering attending the PCA HPDE in Mountain Lakes, NJ on 2/22 (weather permitting) to further test it out!

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Was the case for the module changed to plastic?
+1 on Taeisallin's response, it's a hard plastic outer shell. What was it before, a metal casing?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:49 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Yea it used to be a nice looking metal. What the hell happened?

Old 01-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedsterr
The case on the DSC module has been plastic since day one. From Porsche they come as a plastic case on the factory PASM box. We just changed the color from our first production run.

Last edited by Harris@TPCRacing; 01-21-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Awesome writeup! Rep points of course. I will definitely get one of these, just waiting till our peso rebounds a little since I'm in no rush with the car being in hibernation. In fact, I'll pick it up when I'm on vacation in Florida.
Harris, are these a stocked item or is there a lead time?

Old 01-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
was always plastic, stock is plastic too.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Awesome writeup! Rep points of course. I will definitely get one of these, just waiting till our peso rebounds a little since I'm in no rush with the car being in hibernation. In fact, I'll pick it up when I'm on vacation in Florida.
Harris, are these a stocked item or is there a lead time?
Thanks Bogg. Enjoy the Sunshine State, the DSC module will surely extend you enjoyment upon your return!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:52 PM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered. Can't wait to try it.

Otis

Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by otis
Just ordered. Can't wait to try it.

Otis
Great Otis, can't wait to hear about your experience with the DSC module.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC's DSC quick review...