997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Good stuff bro! Your car is certainly running strong as seen in the video. I'm really curious what it will do in the 1/4 mile.
So you currently have the HFS-4 kit and it isn't working? What system are you guys going to go with instead?
I'm planning on going with meth myself in the next couple weeks and planned on pulling the trigger with HFS-4 but if it doesn't work that would save me some headache.
I had an old HFS-2/3 from my M3 that we used. It's just too complicated for it's own good. It just needs a boost reference...not multiple references including injector pulse width. So I think I'm going with another brand controller and definitely not a solenoid that uses magnets to open/close. The first one with the Aquamist kit never worked and then the replacement one failed...both times leaking meth at idle.

Originally Posted by wolfhedge
Most telling run for me was vs the 750 whp Vette C7... he has 300-400 lbs on you and 100+ whp and he just pipped you....

These PDK trannys are worth a good 100 whp at low speeds / gear changes... just phenomenal a basic bolt on can stay with/beat/destroy 800 whp cars as shown in your videos

Brilliant as usual.. love these videos
Thanks brother. Yeah that Vette is a benchmark here is SoCal. It's Ryne Cunningham's car who is the owner of CMS. That Vette is a legit 140+ trapper here at the crappy SoCal drag strips and makes 750 wheel the CMS Mustang dyno. The new C7 auto trans is awesome and as you can see shifted almost as quick as the PDK. So after that race, I was pretty proud of my little bolt-on 997.2.

Originally Posted by 997tttiplux
Awesome. To be beyond perfect would need better sound (wind noise), HD image and less sun :-), but nevertheless mega-entertaining as usual.
You are right. I can make these vids HD but it will usually take longer to load so for now I compress the vids before uploading them to the 'net. And I need a mic for sure. I got a ton of compliments on the sound this weekend. People were amazed that a turbo car with cats could sound like that. I have always said the BBI exhaust makes it sound like a hybrid between a GT2 and a GT3 and the people sitting at the finish line definitely agreed. A few said it was the best sounding car of the event.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:08 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
Adam, great video again!!! It's always fun to see you beat the higher hp cars! I hope I'm up and running for the next SS in Coalinga, we'll see.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:51 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Very NICE! Are you still running R888 tires?

Old 01-26-2015, 09:32 PM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kendall993
Great video as always. Im surprised how slow the GTRs are (not the Alpha 9). That 996 was very fast, would love to see it run the Alpha 9. Thanks for sharing.
Here is the video of me and the Alpha 9 GTR. My boost gage was at 90% and meth at 5.5 on the Alky. I was running about 11.4 afr for safety since I literally picked the car up from BBI the day before. I was running 110 unleaded and 100%meth.

Thanks for the videos Adam. Your car is insanely fast for a stock motor with stock turbos.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:43 PM
mayoof will become famous soon enoughmayoof will become famous soon enough
Great video as always. Enjoy her in the best of health.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:23 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Great runs Adam! Wish I was there..Your car hauls as*...that 900whp Porsche needs a driver mod or a realistic dyno because that car looked slow!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orbelo
Here is the video of me and the Alpha 9 GTR. My boost gage was at 90% and meth at 5.5 on the Alky. I was running about 11.4 afr for safety since I literally picked the car up from BBI the day before. I was running 110 unleaded and 100%meth.

5150 Racing Alpha 9 GTR vs Modded Porsche 996TT at Shift-S3ctor - YouTube

Thanks for the videos Adam. Your car is insanely fast for a stock motor with stock turbos.
Great run, looks like you beat him by a nose at the line. Your car is very fast. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:52 AM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kendall993
Great run, looks like you beat him by a nose at the line. Your car is very fast. Thanks for sharing.
I slowed down up top, that's why it looked so close, but never the less my boy Deans GTR is one bad mother. I still have the weight advantage by 600+lbs.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Great runs Adam! Wish I was there..Your car hauls as*...that 900whp Porsche needs a driver mod or a realistic dyno because that car looked slow!
Anthony, that's was Ari running his car. I think Adam and him did a 2nd gear roll in this race. When Ari and I ran we came out of the hole in 3rd gear and I always sat on his rear bumper at the finish line. Ari is packing 3586 and I am on Alpha28's. Low gear smaller turbos always spool faster.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Great vids as always Adam!

Looks like it was another super fun event!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
You always have the best videos. So jealous that you guys are still able to drive your cars in nice weather ;( Still gotta wait a couple months to bring her out again

Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kenromero
Adam, great video again!!! It's always fun to see you beat the higher hp cars! I hope I'm up and running for the next SS in Coalinga, we'll see.
Thanks Ken. Yes I hope your car is done as well for the next event. After hearing what you have in store, I will have no chance against you buddy!

Originally Posted by drsullivan
Very NICE! Are you still running R888 tires?
Yes. They are terrific street/track/drag tires! They are loud but the tradeoff is worth it as I never have to change wheels/tires since they are multi-disciplinary.

Originally Posted by orbelo

Thanks it was a great time Orbell. Your car is wicked!! Your car is one of the reasons I bought the 911!

Originally Posted by mayoof
Great video as always. Enjoy her in the best of health.
Thanks, and likewise same to you!

Can't wait to see you in action Anthony! Great to have another P-car to join Kong in the 200+mph league. I raced a 200mph 1/2 mile trap GTR at the last NFZ event and it was a blast. Would be fun to run you again and watch you fly away!

To add to what Orbell mentioned, I also jumped Ari a little, so the combination of me jumping, us starting in 2nd (which required an additional shift for Ari), and the short distance is why is looked very different than my 3rd gear roll with Orbell.

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Great vids as always Adam!

Looks like it was another super fun event!
You are always welcome to come out Tom! To be honest I was more surprised with Arnie's GIAC Stage 2 991 than anything else...I can't believe how close he kept it! Thanks for all your work on the 3.8L DI platform. This latest tune is really something.

Originally Posted by PenguiN
You always have the best videos. So jealous that you guys are still able to drive your cars in nice weather ;( Still gotta wait a couple months to bring her out again
Thanks man. Yeah we really luck out here in the winter but from April to September/October, all the tracks/airstrips are just ovens at sometimes 100 degrees or warmer, so we have our down time as well.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
You are always welcome to come out Tom! To be honest I was more surprised with Arnie's GIAC Stage 2 991 than anything else...I can't believe how close he kept it! Thanks for all your work on the 3.8L DI platform. This latest tune is really something.
It's a pleasure! We've got some tricks up our sleeves for the 991 platform too...stay tuned for those.

I was getting REALLY excited to come out in March again and meet up with you guys, but the Ferrari event in Palm Springs got cancelled so it looks like I won't make it this year.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Ari is an old school street racer and, unless he has lost his mojo, can drive with the best of them.

Longboarder, nice runs as always! I can't wait to see what the beast will do with a fully functioning methanol system.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Is the GIAC software loadable via Cobb Accessport?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector