997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 07:48 AM
orbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud oforbelo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Oh ok gotcha, glad to see you two both out there enjoying your cars again! Are you still stock trans?
I am running 997 GT2 gears on 1-3rd, steel sync on 4-6, billet shift fork, OS Giken LSD and CMS billet cover.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Mrbig is on a distinguished road
The red m3 is that drews car the vt3 ???

Old 02-22-2015, 07:55 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mrbig
The red m3 is that drews car the vt3 ???

Yes, but not running 100%.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
nuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the rough
Awesome runs Longboarder, I always enjoy watching your vids! I wish they had an event like this east of the Mississippi so I could come watch you guys run. What brand of fuel are you running? I've been using 100 unleaded Turbo Blue with my giac tune but have been considering switching to Sunoco 260 GT since I can get it at the pump.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:29 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
Awesome runs Longboarder, I always enjoy watching your vids! I wish they had an event like this east of the Mississippi so I could come watch you guys run. What brand of fuel are you running? I've been using 100 unleaded Turbo Blue with my giac tune but have been considering switching to Sunoco 260 GT since I can get it at the pump.
I arrived to the event with Sunoco pump 100 in my tank. To be honest I don't know what the octane rating is. My guess is that it's lower than 100...maybe something like 95-97 motor octane. And the GIAC race file does not like it if you have anything lower than 100 motor octane. It runs faster on the pump tune than the race tune in that regard based on my experiences.

So anyway in the early part of the day, I was trapping something like 143-145mph starting from a 40mph roll. After running down close to empty I dropped in 5 gallons of Fuse 116. Fuse is 108 motor octane/ 124 research octane....and my car likes this stuff a lot. First run was from a dig and I did 147.44! Then from a roll I was doing upper 140s...nearing 150mph. The race tune definitely likes a lot of octane and this Fuse fuel is terrific. I get it from vendor Emmanuele Design who orders it in large pallets.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:05 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nuclearfishin
What brand of fuel are you running? I've been using 100 unleaded Turbo Blue with my giac tune but have been considering switching to Sunoco 260 GT since I can get it at the pump.
Regular Sunoco GT is only 100 octane. Chances are at the pump it would fall a little short of that, then factor in that you would be mixing it with whatever pump gas is in your tank. I would recommend in order:
Fuse 116
The new VP Unleaded Extreme (unleaded 110.5)
VP MS 109
Sunoco GT plus

Old 02-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Regular Sunoco GT is only 100 octane. Chances are at the pump it would fall a little short of that, then factor in that you would be mixing it with whatever pump gas is in your tank. I would recommend in order:
Fuse 116
The new VP Unleaded Extreme (unleaded 110.5)
VP MS 109
Sunoco GT plus
Glad you recommend Fuse! And surprised you recommend it over MS109 as Fuse seems like an unknown...at least out here. You know your stuff re fuels so I'm glad to hear!

I've been using it since 2013 even from vendor Emmanuele Design. It works great on my car! Out of a hundred or so cars at a race event I will be the only one with Orange Pails

Old 02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Glad you recommend Fuse! And surprised you recommend it over MS109 as Fuse seems like an unknown...at least out here. You know your stuff re fuels so I'm glad to hear!

I've been using it since 2013 even from vendor Emmanuele Design. It works great on my car! Out of a hundred or so cars at a race event I will be the only one with Orange Pails
Hahaha not many people know but Fuse 116 is basically the same thing as the former Shell URT, probably the best Unleaded race fuel ever made. Fuse is good stuff.
VP did recently come out with their new Unleaded Extreme that I'm going to be doing some lab testing on soon (plus trying it in my car). I'll let you know how that works but I don't think it would be enough to switch from Fuse, especially since you have a close dealer for it.
Fuse is around $85 a pail, while VP Unleaded Extreme is ~$150 a pail. Can't imagine they have any secrets that make it that much better. If they did, I could basically make it myself for a hell of a lot less than what they sell it for. I can almost guarantee it's not worth the price of admission.
MS 109 is awesome too, and perfect for a tune that is optimized for 100 oct (like the APR tune on my s6, and some other run of the mill 100 oct remaps). Fuse does provide more knock resistance but most people don't have tunes that need it.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:00 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
Hahaha not many people know but Fuse 116 is basically the same thing as the former Shell URT, probably the best Unleaded race fuel ever made. Fuse is good stuff.
VP did recently come out with their new Unleaded Extreme that I'm going to be doing some lab testing on soon (plus trying it in my car). I'll let you know how that works but I don't think it would be enough to switch from Fuse, especially since you have a close dealer for it.
Fuse is around $85 a pail, while VP Unleaded Extreme is ~$150 a pail. Can't imagine they have any secrets that make it that much better. If they did, I could basically make it myself for a hell of a lot less than what they sell it for. I can almost guarantee it's not worth the price of admission.
MS 109 is awesome too, and perfect for a tune that is optimized for 100 oct (like the APR tune on my s6, and some other run of the mill 100 oct remaps). Fuse does provide more knock resistance but most people don't have tunes that need it.
Chris, just curious where can I get either Fuse 116 or MS 109 around us? I would love to try it out just for kicks. Thx

Old 02-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Any more videos from this event ???

Old 02-25-2015, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mrbig
Any more videos from this event ???

Here is Shift S3ctor's vid of the event. Made by Drew, the owner of the red built motor e92 M3:

Old 02-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Looks like a great event !!!!