997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector

What's up friends. Got to hang with a bunch of cool people this Saturday (1/24/15) at Willow Springs International Raceway where Shift Sector put on a 1/3 mile roll-on event on the back straightway of the track. This was the place of Shift Sector's inaugural event in 2011 which has pretty much changed the landscape of roll racing here in the US.

Like usual I was able to get some footage and made this vid. There were a couple Porsche's in attend so I got some good 911 on 911 action.

Enjoy.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I really enjoy your videos and I like these events as it represents for the most part what would happen on the streets!

Old 01-26-2015, 02:44 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Nice runs. Wicked Turbo you got.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:00 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great videos and nice runs as always Longboarder! That Alpha GTR was serious! Thx for sharing.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 AM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
Great video as always. Im surprised how slow the GTRs are (not the Alpha 9). That 996 was very fast, would love to see it run the Alpha 9. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Good footage as always, I really like when they clearly jump very early and you still pull past them. Your car, for the power level, still doesn't fail to deliver the upsets!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:49 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome video mate!

Last edited by GMP Performance; 01-28-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:50 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Great runs, car is running strong and the video is cool as always.
Are you running the meth now? It doesn't look like you are having fuel cuts in that vid. Car straight rips

Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I really enjoy your videos and I like these events as it represents for the most part what would happen on the streets!
Thanks...and glad we have these events because I would not want to have to hit these speeds on public roads!

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Nice runs. Wicked Turbo you got.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by akunob
Great videos and nice runs as always Longboarder! That Alpha GTR was serious! Thx for sharing.
Yeah it has a lot more power but this one still has the stock trans (he's on the edge of blowing it) so with a built trans he can turn up the boost event more!

Originally Posted by Kendall993
Great video as always. Im surprised how slow the GTRs are (not the Alpha 9). That 996 was very fast, would love to see it run the Alpha 9. Thanks for sharing.
That e85 GTR I ran was my buddy Serge. It's really fast and he beat up a lot of fast cars. Very likely it's a 133-134 1/4 mile trap car here in Cali and probably 135 trap at a place like ATCO. The other GTR I ran at the very end of the day is another e85 GTR but was on 91 octane. He's the owner of Shift Sector and is looking to buy a 997.2 so he wanted to see how bad he'd get beat but not really a fair matchup.

Originally Posted by rob.boost
Good footage as always, I really like when they clearly jump very early and you still pull past them. Your car, for the power level, still doesn't fail to deliver the upsets!
Thx

Originally Posted by GMP Performance
Awesome video mate!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ecpChris
Great runs, car is running strong and the video is cool as always.
Are you running the meth now? It doesn't look like you are having fuel cuts in that vid. Car straight rips
Hey Chris. My meth system is installed but we couldn't get it to work properly as we didn't have enough time for the event. The solenoid was sticking open and dumping meth at idle which can hydrolock so we are probably doing to try a different type of solenoid because I never want that to happen again. It's a pretty incredible system so far. The 3 gallon meth tank is covered by a custom made fuel cell and all lines are braided steel and all fittings custom aircraft. The dual 630 nozzles are tapped into the Y pipe from the underside so you can't see anything. Thomas Emmanuele from Emmanuele Design created a work of art and system I can be very comfortable with. My decision to use Aquamist didn't consider the bad design (in my opinion) of the solenoid so we are going to search for something else.

The more aggressive GIAC meth file was loaded up for this event and surprisingly I didn't get fuel cuts, but that's likely due to the fact that WSIR is a half mile high so back at sea level it would likely fuel cut without the meth. This is a more powerful file than the Champion shop car with the OTS tune that did the 9.8 at 135.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Whose car is the 997.1 at the 3:40 mark?

i don't think it is a 900 whp car because the car immediately after it was an 800 whp car and it was MUCH faster. Maybe the 900 hp car needs a driver mod!

Last edited by 93ls1rx7; 01-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Chris. My meth system is installed but we couldn't get it to work properly as we didn't have enough time for the event. The solenoid was sticking open and dumping meth at idle which can hydrolock so we are probably doing to try a different type of solenoid because I never want that to happen again. It's a pretty incredible system so far. The 3 gallon meth tank is covered by a custom made fuel cell and all lines are braided steel and all fittings custom aircraft. The dual 630 nozzles are tapped into the Y pipe from the underside so you can't see anything. Thomas Emmanuele from Emmanuele Design created a work of art and system I can be very comfortable with. My decision to use Aquamist didn't consider the bad design (in my opinion) of the solenoid so we are going to search for something else.

The more aggressive GIAC meth file was loaded up for this event and surprisingly I didn't get fuel cuts, but that's likely due to the fact that WSIR is a half mile high so back at sea level it would likely fuel cut without the meth. This is a more powerful file than the Champion shop car with the OTS tune that did the 9.8 at 135.
Good stuff bro! Your car is certainly running strong as seen in the video. I'm really curious what it will do in the 1/4 mile.
So you currently have the HFS-4 kit and it isn't working? What system are you guys going to go with instead?
I'm planning on going with meth myself in the next couple weeks and planned on pulling the trigger with HFS-4 but if it doesn't work that would save me some headache.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Most telling run for me was vs the 750 whp Vette C7... he has 300-400 lbs on you and 100+ whp and he just pipped you....

These PDK trannys are worth a good 100 whp at low speeds / gear changes... just phenomenal a basic bolt on can stay with/beat/destroy 800 whp cars as shown in your videos

Brilliant as usual.. love these videos

Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Whose car is the 997.1 at the 3:40 mark?

i don't think it is a 900 whp car because the car immediately after it was an 800 whp car and it was MUCH faster. Maybe the 900 hp car needs a driver mod!
That's AriS4's 900 wheel monster. And it was running Orbells 996 all day and from what I saw Ari was beating Orbell. Ari's is faster but in the vid I got the hit and the distance is really short so that's why it looks like the 800 wheel 996 is faster. I witnessed the 996 make 851 on a dynojet a year ago or so so both of these 911's are beasts.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:06 PM
997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. To be beyond perfect would need better sound (wind noise), HD image and less sun :-), but nevertheless mega-entertaining as usual.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:51 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
My fave car videos on the interwebyyyyyyyyy thing for sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Longboarder at 1/3 Mile Roll-On Event 1/24/15 Shift Sector