997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tubi Race Exhaust & Finspeed Wheels Install...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:18 PM
dsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to behold
Tubi Race Exhaust & Finspeed Wheels Install...

Figure I would post a little update on some changes that have been done over the past several months.

November 2014: Purchased and installed a tubi race exhaust and what a difference it made in both power and sound. I was curious to see what the power gains would be from the exhaust upgrade so had a before dyno done. Below are the baseline (evo tune & 95 oct) and the after with the exhaust. Finished off the exhaust with a set of fabspeed quad tips.

December 2014: Installed the isimple bluetooth kit and it works great. For anyone interested, I picked up on Amazon for like $80 which at BestBuy they wanted almost $200. Installation was a breeze once I got both connector cables for the fm side. Connectivity is easy and the sound quality is very good.

Jan 2015: My next fun project was installing the eb-works rear wing extension which IMO, finishes out the back end. I think these cars looks so much better with the wing up. Install was pretty easy and have it set to the second to highest setting and seeing out the rear window is still good. Had some free time after installing the wing extensions (aka: kids were still sleeping) so changed the color of the air inlets just for fun and to test my "dipping skills". Below is what the back end looks like with the extension and exhaust tips and also the air inlets.

And now for the most current, I wanted to upgrade the wheels but be a little different than the "norm". So did a lot of research and after some good discussions went with a special wheel from Finspeed, the F10S, which is a mixture of their F10 & F11 wheel. Dan @ Finspeed was great to work with and very knowledgeable of what would work in terms of what the best offsets would be based on what I was looking for. The finish is slate w/ ceramic coating. Enjoy and now time to tackle the interior...

Old 01-28-2015, 08:40 PM
MTR
MTR is on a distinguished road
Car is looking great. I'm looking to install a Bluetooth kit to stream music from my phone to the stereo. I found a few different kits available on amazon, so which one did you specifically buy? Also you mentioned connector cables for the FM, are those extra cables that need to be ordered separately? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Old 01-29-2015, 05:59 AM
dsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to beholddsurovcik is a splendid one to behold
BT kit

Went with the isimple Tranzit kit which seems to be the most popular and reliable based on my research. Here is the one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are two cables you would need, a 40 EU-10 and a 40 EU-20 cable. I want to say the40 EU-30 kit is both cables. One connects the cars antenna to the BT hub and the other goes from the hub to the back of the radio. Installation is straight forward as there is a good DIY write up on how the kit gets installed and also how to get access to behind the radio. Hope that this helps and let me know if yo have any other questions.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:05 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Very nice!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:27 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Wow looks mean with the new wheels.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Very nice!
Thanks! As you can probably tell, I'm having fun with the car...

Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Wow looks mean with the new wheels.
Thank you and very happy with the way they turned out. Pics do not do them justice.