997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

rear bumper lower lip removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
rear bumper lower lip removal

Does anyone have a link to the rear bumper plastic lower lip removal?

I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything too helpful. I can't imagine it is too difficult, but i guess you never know. Figured I would ask before i got myself in a pickle...

I've already removed the front lip and side skirts and that is the last piece I'm looking to take off.

Any help or tips from those who have done it is appreciated otherwise, maybe i will take some pictures and post up for others.

TIA

Old 02-01-2015, 03:16 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Kricci...

I know how they come off. I will look for pics to post if I have any, but essentially there are a number of tabs that have pressure clips. Unfortunately, unless someone knows a trick...

My rear bumper is off right now for some other work, so if I cannot find pics I will take a couple for you and post.

Good luck,
DC

Last edited by therock88; 02-01-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:41 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Here are some photos for you. There appear to also be screws at the end points as well as the ones that hold the bottom of bumper to the car. It may be necessary to pop the bumper cover off...but you may get lucky? I would just take off the cover to be safe and less frustrating...

Good luck...
DC

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (77.0 KB, 246 views)
2.jpg (71.3 KB, 210 views)
3.jpg (73.0 KB, 217 views)
Old 02-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
DC - thanks for the pics and info - really appreciate that!

I looked from underneath and saw a few of the hex bolts, looked similar to the sides and front, but just was hesitant to hop into it without asking first.

I am a bit reluctant to remove the rear bumper as I have the passport sensor installed on the rear (from previous owner) and worry about removing the bumper and messing that up. I will likely try to remove the lip sometime this week and if not successful, I'll just take off the whole bumper i guess.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
Hello,
I was on the exact same trip as you as I wanted to color code the rear lip in the same color as the car.
After asking around I got the advice that you simply unscrew the bolts from underneath and you "yank" the thing out like you do with the front lip spoiler... Well I tried to do that (in my garage with car simply parked there) and it was not possible... I even jacked the thing up and after a couple of hours trying to do it with the bumper on, I decided to pull the bumper out (15 mins and have never done it before) and voila!!! In 2 mins lip was off!
If there is anyway around that (with car not on a lift) I did not find it!

Old 02-02-2015, 03:48 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
For gods sake DC, please clean that thing :-)

Old 02-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
For gods sake DC, please clean that thing :-)
No kidding! I had to take it for a test drive the other day as I had a CEL....And
there is salt out..And got caught in a little snow ...Car is dirty right now and up on the lift.

DC

Old 02-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Kricci
DC - thanks for the pics and info - really appreciate that!

I looked from underneath and saw a few of the hex bolts, looked similar to the sides and front, but just was hesitant to hop into it without asking first.

I am a bit reluctant to remove the rear bumper as I have the passport sensor installed on the rear (from previous owner) and worry about removing the bumper and messing that up. I will likely try to remove the lip sometime this week and if not successful, I'll just take off the whole bumper i guess.
I have a Calibre K-40 also back there. It was installed with some tack putty inside the rear bumper cover...I ended up moving it to the IC and added a plug so I do not have to mess with it each time...Comes off with IC if I remove it.

DC

Old 02-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Off topic but what kind of springs do you have? Been thinking since I bought new wheels. Eibach or H&R? See the space, is it worth the trouble? Have all new Rotors and brakes with sensors ready to go for next week. Since car will be on my lift I might as well change them.

Attached Images
File Type: png
IMG_8219.PNG (93.2 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Al Nunez; 02-02-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
Off topic but what kind of springs do you have? Been thinking since I bought new wheels. Eibach or H&R? See the space, is it worth the trouble? Have all new Rotors and brakes with sensors ready to go for next week. Since car will be on my lift I might as well change them.
Hi...I won't be much help there....I am running stock springs and wheels.
Only thing I did there was Eibach Anti sway kit and 15mm hub centric spacers on rear and 7mm front. I installed semi-solid RSS motor mounts and semi-solid transmission mounts...but no springs or wheels.

I am sure there are a number of people on here that can help you though.

Good luck,
DC

Old 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Well after looking at it and attempting with the bumper on to no avail, i removed the bumper and the lip came off very easily. I would recommend only attempting with the bumper off for anyone tackling this.

this link is helpful when removing the rear bumper
http://www.renntrack.com/forums/show...Bumper-Removal