997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My GT Silver 997TT Story -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 01:51 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
awesome build mate! Let us know how you like the PSS10s as opposed to the springs!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Love those seats... now where did I put my secret credit card the wife knows nothing about.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 AM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
What mounts did you use for the seats? I've got them in my 996 Turbo and am about to switch them over to the new car.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Love the updates. The pictures are amazing, as well as the car. Very nice work

Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 AM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
I liked the DPE's alot but this new setup + coils is an amazing upgrade. Nice writeup and the car is simply beautiful.

-Vin

Old 02-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Looks great!

I noticed your car before, it's one of the better done silver cars. I just sold my silver Carrera for a Polar silver 997tt which I will be working on "making my own".

Just wondering which tail lights you went with, and if you like them. They look good, as does the rest of the car of course.

X...

Old 02-11-2015, 12:36 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
How did you get the painted side skirts? Did your body shop just paint over the plastic materials or it was prime and paintable version which they discontinued? TIA

Old 02-11-2015, 03:16 PM
deaddana is on a distinguished road
Chunky champions

Are you selling the champions that originally came with the car?
Beautiful car by the way, very nice mods.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:17 PM
cpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the rough
That thing is NASTY!!!!! And by NASTY, I do mean NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY!!!!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIX
Great post man. I love the stance and the sideskirts.

Thanks

Originally Posted by IbanezGod
looks good, makes me want to paint my side skirts and rear diffuser.

Love mine. Love how it makes the car look just a smidge bigger

Originally Posted by pshep138
My god, what a beautiful, tastefully done car. Congrats, OP!

Thanks

Originally Posted by IMI A
Love this 997. Let us know how it is with the new suspension set up pls.

Will do

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Great progression of build. Well done.

Thanks

Originally Posted by zooyorker
awesome build mate! Let us know how you like the PSS10s as opposed to the springs!

Most definitely will

Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
Love those seats... now where did I put my secret credit card the wife knows nothing about.

Originally Posted by HIX
What mounts did you use for the seats? I've got them in my 996 Turbo and am about to switch them over to the new car.

I ordered this - http://www.stableenergies.com/Recaro...-P/2616%2CLFT/ In the drop down box there is a 997 set. Worked great. I also bought new seat belt receptacles from Suncoast.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Love the updates. The pictures are amazing, as well as the car. Very nice work

Thanks

Originally Posted by vinnycg
I liked the DPE's alot but this new setup + coils is an amazing upgrade. Nice writeup and the car is simply beautiful.

-Vin

Thanks, new setup will be for sale shortly as I am having a custom set of BBS wheels built right now

Originally Posted by Xander
Looks great!

I noticed your car before, it's one of the better done silver cars. I just sold my silver Carrera for a Polar silver 997tt which I will be working on "making my own".

Just wondering which tail lights you went with, and if you like them. They look good, as does the rest of the car of course.

X...

Thanks, went with these - http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99..._Set_2pc..html
Love them, very easy plug and play install.

Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
How did you get the painted side skirts? Did your body shop just paint over the plastic materials or it was prime and paintable version which they discontinued? TIA

When I got mine from Suncoast you could get the primered version that was ready for paint.

Originally Posted by deaddana
Are you selling the champions that originally came with the car?
Beautiful car by the way, very nice mods.

Thanks and sorry, Champs are long gone.

Originally Posted by cpana75
That thing is NASTY!!!!! And by NASTY, I do mean NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY!!!!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
Car looks great!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:02 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Great car and photos, congrats!

Old 02-12-2015, 02:56 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks all

A little test fit today before these are one off built from 2-piece to 3-piece spec for the turbo

Old 02-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up and even nicer car.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Gorgeous car! Love what you have done to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT Silver 997TT Story -