997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo In Manila

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cab83_750
Who does your service in Manila?

I tried to take 2 Porsches and one 1 crotch rocket to Manila when I attempted to retire there -- till I found out that taxes would be as much as what the vehicles are worth.

Can you PM me how much a Turbo (or any 991) sells for in Manila? I do know that US prices are way lower.

Thanks.
Taxes are expensive! Exotic cars usually end up costing 2x more than the prices there in USA bec of tax. I will PM you

Old 04-15-2015, 10:33 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
Hey Keith. I'll be in Manila visiting my wife's families in July. I'd love to swing by and have a look at your car while I am there.
Hey Jako,

Sure just PM me! I usually hang out in my clubs/bars

Old 04-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Awesome. Getting there!
thank you! can't wait for the other mods

Old 04-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Do these guys charge about $200.00/hr (86,000.00 Php) or just 2 bottles of Red Horse? Master Porsche certified techs? Jk!
Hahahaha it's per job and they are not porsche certified techs. They don't need to cuz it's just a bolt on aftermarket part. Usually charge per job not per hour

Old 04-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kbhaw
Hey Jako,

Deal!

Old 04-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Some more parts arrived
GT3RS 997.2 taillights
Name:  IMG_9727_zpstzl5qqq6.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  109.0 KB
Red deviated seat belts to match my steering wheel
Name:  IMG_9800_zpsqi2drfzz.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  146.1 KB
Rennline track mats to match my pedals and shift ****
Name:  IMG_9799_zpsew8zqwv5.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  135.0 KB

Old 04-16-2015, 10:33 AM
dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
Taxes are expensive! Exotic cars usually end up costing 2x more than the prices there in USA bec of tax. I will PM you

+1.....i am a freight broker by profession and this is accurate...tendency is for the car's cost to double because of the taxes imposed by the Phil. govt which equals to whatever the current value of the vehicle market-wise here in the US....

AdValorem, Excise, VAT, plus the usual grease money..it adds up

Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 PM
NutNut is on a distinguished road
Hey Jako,

The car's coming along nicely!

Which bars/clubs? GTG when Jako comes here?

Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by dinosaur
+1.....i am a freight broker by profession and this is accurate...tendency is for the car's cost to double because of the taxes imposed by the Phil. govt which equals to whatever the current value of the vehicle market-wise here in the US....

How i wish the cars here are the same price there! i'll see more exotics going around the city

Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by NutNut
The car's coming along nicely!

Which bars/clubs? GTG when Jako comes here?
Valkyrie Club & The Palace Pool Club in Fort. Also 12 Monkeys Bar in Makati

Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dinosaur

I also understand that politicians could import cars without the Phil tax (ala diplomatic immunity/benefits). I should run for the mayor, governor or the president just to be able to import my cars and crotch rockets.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:54 PM
slowly getting there cobb accessport just installed! thanks mitch!
Name:  IMG_9836_zps7kelca3b.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  180.1 KB

Old 04-16-2015, 11:51 PM
dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
I also understand that politicians could import cars without the Phil tax (ala diplomatic immunity/benefits). I should run for the mayor, governor or the president just to be able to import my cars and crotch rockets.
hey cab,

LGU's don't get tax exemptions anymore....but "ex-pats" get "suspended taxes" for the duration of their assignment, provided they re-export their vehicles when they leave the country...or they can sell their vehicles after paying for taxes.....

or just work for the DBP over there...i think they still get tax exemptions for company use vehicles

Old 04-17-2015, 07:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
slowly getting there cobb accessport just installed! thanks mitch!
Looks great!!

-Mitch

Old 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Your double din stereo install looks clean too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo In Manila