997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Wheels/Tires finally on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
New Wheels/Tires finally on

Hey guys - I finally got my hands on TPMS sensors that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and to much of my curiosity was actually the exact oem part (just without the porsche logo on the sensor). Picked them up for ~$60 as opposed to the $280 the dealer quoted me. If you're looking for TPMS sensors contact Gary at TPMS.com.

As for the wheels and tires - I was able to get some shots while it was in the garage, but for now, you'll have to settle for these until I can pull her out and take some proper shots. Fitment was perfect and I'm happy I went with 19's as opposed to 20's.

Wheels are Niche Monotec Stuttgart 19x12 rear and 19x8.5 fronts wrapped in MPSS. These wheels are among the lightest i've ever seen. Rear's only weigh 18lbs and front's are close to 16lbs. I went with rather aggressive offsets and couldn't be happier.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:11 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Hmm, those really look like they're going to rub. Nice design, haven't heard of those. Are they forged or cast?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:40 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ryem3
Hmm, those really look like they're going to rub. Nice design, haven't heard of those. Are they forged or cast?
Fully Forged monoblock. They won't rub considering this offset has been done quite frequently with cars lower than mine. The picture of the front looks like its further out than it actually is.

Here is another angle:

Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Beautiful wheels. Some more pics up pls!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:53 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Those actually look good, I didn't think niche made forged wheels.

Those weights makes it lighter than the BBS Ri-D i think!

What are your tire sizes? I saw the 325 marking for the rear, but can't figure out the fronts.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
They look great!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 02-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
Those actually look good, I didn't think niche made forged wheels.

Those weights makes it lighter than the BBS Ri-D i think!

What are your tire sizes? I saw the 325 marking for the rear, but can't figure out the fronts.
These are in line with the BBS RI-D ... Extremely light and strong. Lots of people buy wheels based on brand name (like anything else) and usually don't pay attention to quality, fit and finish of less popular brands. I loved the look of the HRE P101 but wasn't interested in paying 10k for wheels and tires. These wheels are lighter, very strong and rigid, and the finish is outstanding. They look like a more aggressive variation of the GT2RS wheels.

Tires are 325/30/19 rear and 245/35/19 fronts

Old 02-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

If you go 325 rear you should also go 245 front to keep the rolling diameter within tolerances. Any deviation will result in prematurely worn diffs. Its a nice improvement running GT2 RS sized tyres and really helps to dial out understeer especially with GT2 rear sway and some lowering springs or Bilstein, KW or Ohlins upgraded shocks.

So nice to have car which turns in properly!

^^^^just seen post. Spot on!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:40 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PenguiN

Fully Forged monoblock. They won't rub considering this offset has been done quite frequently with cars lower than mine. The picture of the front looks like its further out than it actually is.

Here is another angle:
They look cool. What are the offsets?

Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
What year car? No rubbing on front? What are the offsets? They look great!

Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 PM
car is 2012 - rear offset is 46 I'm not sure about the fronts, i'll have to double check

Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Wheels look great. I'm interested to see how Niche wheels stand the test of time.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by HIX
Wheels look great. I'm interested to see how Niche wheels stand the test of time.
Thanks! Niche is just a brand name built by MHT Wheels. Same company that builds all the ADV.1 wheels and probably 15-20 other wheels brands that are quite popular. They are the largest wheel manufacturing company in the US. I'm sure they will be fine.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by PenguiN
car is 2012 - rear offset is 46 I'm not sure about the fronts, i'll have to double check
Interesting. My 12s are 44, but I'm running 305s. My tires are nowhere near as close to the fenders, but my car isn't lowered.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Interesting. My 12s are 44, but I'm running 305s. My tires are nowhere near as close to the fenders, but my car isn't lowered.
Makes sense. 325 tires and lowered makes a big difference. Also the image might just look a lot more aggressive. It's like the north pole here so once things warm up a bit I'll take some proper pics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Wheels/Tires finally on