997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Updates and Development from Cobb Tuning!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I would like to point out a feature that I have used over and over at the track.

Logging my car is extremely easy. With the press of a button, you can log just about everything. I now log ever run I do at the track. Get familiar with excel and you will find the great benefit of this. I would recommend that Cobb develops a model with an internal battery so the logs are date marked for time reference.

I also have the Durametric cable which will log but, I don't necessarily want someone holding a laptop to conduct the process. Cobbs solid state design makes this "dummy proof."

Btw, if something catastrophic happens during a heated run, I will have some data to reflect back on.

LC sounds like fun Mitch, can you explain how this works with a manual car? I wouldn't plan on doing this but, would like to understand the process that you decided on.

Once again, Great support!

Old 07-09-2015, 02:30 AM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Gary- No LC for non chrono guys. Did you ever find a solution from the dealer?
Mitch
Solution is to change ECU/PCM..... I don't want to spend approx. 7k.

Are you sure that you cant do nothing? Some other ECU tuners are telling me otherwise including Jr.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:27 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
any updates on no-lift-shift and/or rolling anti-lag?

Old 10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
smart4400 is on a distinguished road
I highly recommend the COBB AP.... I've been using it on a 997 GT2 with EXCELLENT results! I have become very addicted to the 0-60 takeoff! And really would like to emphasize that Mitch is a terrific resource!

Thanks to COBB for such a great product!

Old 12-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Any updates on LC?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:00 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
any updates on TCU tune

Old 12-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Mitch need a clone! Let me know when you figure that one out bud.

If I can help anyone with anything let me know guys

Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elite1
I would like to point out a feature that I have used over and over at the track.

Logging my car is extremely easy. With the press of a button, you can log just about everything. I now log ever run I do at the track. Get familiar with excel and you will find the great benefit of this. I would recommend that Cobb develops a model with an internal battery so the logs are date marked for time reference.

I also have the Durametric cable which will log but, I don't necessarily want someone holding a laptop to conduct the process. Cobbs solid state design makes this "dummy proof."

Btw, if something catastrophic happens during a heated run, I will have some data to reflect back on.

LC sounds like fun Mitch, can you explain how this works with a manual car? I wouldn't plan on doing this but, would like to understand the process that you decided on.

Once again, Great support!
Drop excel, just upload logs at datazap.me much easier.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Drop excel, just upload logs at datazap.me much easier.
+1

datazap.me is really great for logs, highly recommended.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:17 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Datazap.me is what I've used for years back when I was tuning my BMWs and GTR. I posted a few logs using it right off the bat when I was tuning my 997 about this time last year. Incredibly powerful tool

Old 12-02-2015, 07:36 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Thanks! We are sooooo close to this release I am really looking forward to it. There is another feature in there we have not talked about which is pretty awesome, but I will leave it for release.

If anybody needs anything let me know!

Mitch.Mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch
Any news on this feature?

Old 12-21-2015, 07:18 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ecpChris
any updates on TCU tune
THIS.

New features are not necessary. We need basics. Transmission tuning is basics. We need the 991 PDK transmission map to be loaded into the 997.2. It's the same trans but the 991 TCU map is much more updated and of course better. Just like how GTR's you can put LC4 LC5 into the older CBA cars, we need to be able to put the 991 maps into the 997.2's. The 997.2 shifts are way too slow even compared to GTRs. I'm talking about the time you press the paddle to the shift, not the shift (changing of the gear) itself.

Thanks Cobb!

Old 12-22-2015, 03:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by changster
THIS.

New features are not necessary. We need basics. Transmission tuning is basics. We need the 991 PDK transmission map to be loaded into the 997.2. It's the same trans but the 991 TCU map is much more updated and of course better. Just like how GTR's you can put LC4 LC5 into the older CBA cars, we need to be able to put the 991 maps into the 997.2's. The 997.2 shifts are way too slow even compared to GTRs. I'm talking about the time you press the paddle to the shift, not the shift (changing of the gear) itself.

Thanks Cobb!
I second that!