997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Updates and Development from Cobb Tuning!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:03 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
I'm afraid to do it.. lol

Old 03-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ecpChris

Haha, funny you mention that. I'm looking to buy a new Daily Driver for myself and the requirements it needs are:
1) turbo
2) awd
3) Cobb must support it

Well the good news for you, pretty much, is that if it meets #1 and #2... then it meets #3. Although with more cars going turbo/awd these days cobb better get busy. Not until all of porsche is optimized of course

Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Exciting times indeed!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
This is the best news I've heard .....what rpms can you launch at.....how much faster are your 0-60 times....have you vboxd them.....really intrested in upgraded my tune to this....besides cats are there any reliability issues....what rpms are normal launch techniques...

Old 03-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Would be great if a launch map was available

Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! I don't need the BOTL but the 100oct .1 map is of interest. Keep it up guys!

Old 03-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
This is the best news I've heard .....what rpms can you launch at.....how much faster are your 0-60 times....have you vboxd them.....really intrested in upgraded my tune to this....besides cats are there any reliability issues....what rpms are normal launch techniques...
Launch RPM can be set to what ever you want. If you want less boost and want to slip the clutch a bit more it can be done. If you want to build a lot of boost at 3500 RPM it can be done. We made it so that it is tune-able to fit any car it is put on.

No Vbox yet. We are testing this and our other feature at TX2K next week. We will have more data then.

As for reliability issue I mean launching an AWD car there is always a chance something can break. That is apart of racing and a reason why we wouldn't put this into OTS maps, at least something aggressive.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you guys have any other questions!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 03-10-2015, 02:52 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hello,

So as of recently we have been pretty quiet on the forums. Porsche for us is a small show only consisting of a few engineers so it has been pretty non stop. For those current customers that have dealt with me know the hours I work, so there hasn't left a lot of time for any updates, but there has been a TON of Porsche stuff going on here at Cobb.

First bit of news is that we have gotten a second Porsche for R&D. We purchased a white 997.2 PDK. We use this car for development so current 997.2 Turbo owners be on the lookout for some new updates in the near future! I am looking forward to it!

Next up we have a new Calibrator that is going to be full time helping me in Porsche. I will still be around all day every day, nothing will change now we just have another person to help if for some reason I cannot not quick enough. So for those that liked our customer service it is going to get better! His name is Jon Hebbeln and he has been a calibrator for Cobb for a few years. He will be focusing on getting new OTS maps out for all Porsche platforms, so it is good news for all of our Porsche customers! If anyone needs anything at all please feel free to email him at any time and he will be sure to get back to you. Jon.Hebbeln@cobbtuning.com. My focus will remain on adding additional features to the AP so it will be a great year for current customers and new as our upgrades are just a firmware update away once released, and no charge!

Ok onto some more of the custom work that we have developed. Last week we were able to start on custom code stuff and were able to get out BOTL (Boost Off The Line) code tested and working! So what that means is that next month we should have this update available for our 997.1 Turbo customers! We will do some more testing as this is a big part of any of our stuff, but a good test will be TX2K this month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR2E...ature=youtu.be

That is a log of the car at 8psi at the line. The RPM is selectable as well the severity of the fuel cut. The amount of timing is also controllable. Really a great feature for those of you that drag race and need a bit more off the line. This will be a Protuner only feature at release so if you would like this feature added to your map contact your tuner and they can set it up, or you can email us and we can add it to your current map. I would caution those of you to not make this too aggressive as it can damage cats pretty quickly haha. So be on the lookout for this release next month!

Next we have also been working on getting new maps added to the OTS library. We have 100 octane maps for the 997.1 Turbo that will also be ready for next month’s release! Be on the lookout for a slew of other OTS maps, many will be great for those that are looking to make a bit more power!

That is all the info I will share for now. We have another huge thing we are working on for the 997.1 Turbo guys, but we need to verify a bit more but for now it is working awesome! It will be a first in the stock ECU Porsche world!!

Thanks so much and if anyone needs anything at all please don’t hesitate to ask!

-Mitch Mckee, Cobb Tuning
Mitch.Mckee@cobbtuning.com
Keep up the great work Mitch!

Old 03-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Launch RPM can be set to what ever you want. If you want less boost and want to slip the clutch a bit more it can be done. If you want to build a lot of boost at 3500 RPM it can be done. We made it so that it is tune-able to fit any car it is put on.

No Vbox yet. We are testing this and our other feature at TX2K next week. We will have more data then.

As for reliability issue I mean launching an AWD car there is always a chance something can break. That is apart of racing and a reason why we wouldn't put this into OTS maps, at least something aggressive.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you guys have any other questions!

-Mitch
nice job.....now lr you can roll brake boost the car you would be perfect.....

Old 03-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
We already have brake boosting!!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Great news Mitch! I'm glad to hear that. So the BOTL is only available in custom maps?

Old 03-10-2015, 06:06 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
nice job.....now lr you can roll brake boost the car you would be perfect.....
Garth already added brake boosting feature on our cars. Try it and it works great!

Old 03-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by swc
Great news Mitch! I'm glad to hear that. So the BOTL is only available in custom maps?
Your map will just need to be opened and then modified for the BOTL parameters. We will give some base settings to tuners to start with so that it should be very straight forward to get it done!

-Mitch

Old 03-11-2015, 06:43 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
We (the 6mt crowd) need No-Lift-Shift and anti-lag to stay competitive with the auto and pdk guys

-Jose

Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
NLTS next please

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updates and Development from Cobb Tuning!!