997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997 TT - A Story in Pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
My 997 TT - A Story in Pictures (Updated 4/17)

Heidi – My German Mistress!

To start, I have always been a huge fan of Porsche’s since I was a kid, I always loved the timeless shape and engineering that these cars represent.

Early exposure:

My dad’s friend used to race Porsche’s semi professionally and with his and my prodding, my dad purchased one of the first water cooled variants in 1999 – a black Carerra (automatic) when I was in high school. He enjoyed that car for a about 6 months but then drove his buddy’s older 6 speed Turbo. After that, he sold the Carerra and put his deposit down on a 6 speed 2001 Turbo. He used to give me updates as the car went through the build stage and took delivery of one of the first water cooled turbos. Obviously he was extremely excited! Both my dad and I enjoyed the car over the next 6-7 years or so until he sold it – taking it to track days at Mid-Ohio, auto crosses and other events. Unfortunately for me, I was ruined from that point on and knew I would hopefully one day purchase one of my own.

Luckily enough for me, that day came a bit earlier than I had planned and in December of this past year, I picked up a 2009 TT from Green Bay, Wisconsin. I had a PPI done, then flew up to lay eyes on it, pay for it and then had it shipped down to Houston arriving 3 days before Christmas. I dropped it off at the dealer for it’s 40K mile service and to go over the car and ensure everything was in order before I made any changes.

Fast forward to today:
With any car I own, I tend to modify it to make it my own. I hope to maintain the driveability and classy nature of what I believe to be one of the most perfectly well rounded sports cars of all time.

I would like to thank ECS Tuning (from my hometown of Akron, OH) and Jason at House Motorsports – both have been great to deal thus far and have provided many of the mods on my car. Jason deserves a big thank you as he was instrumental in helping me settle on the wheel/tire set-up and was extremely patient with me as I texted/emailed him constantly over the last 8-9 weeks while the wheels were being designed/manufactured.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics:

Day 1 – December 22 – Bone stock other than dealer installed 9500ci radar detector

Name:  1419293401.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  1419293399.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  126.8 KB

Name:  1419219440.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  132.1 KB

Along the way: January 2015 - Full LED’s interior/exterior, silver emblem, clear corners

Name:  IMG_1499-2.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  122.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1500-1.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  136.6 KB

February 2015: Fabspeed exhaust tips, Eibach springs, Painted OEM side skirts with Xpel Ultimate clear bra, Techart style rear diffuser with CF center, Ebay OEM style lip – painted and wrapped with Xpel Ultimate, Huper Optik ceramic tint

Name:  IMG_1570.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  202.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1572.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  194.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  134.2 KB

April 2, 2015! Wheel Day!

Brixton M52 Targa series - 20x9 and 20x12

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/30 and 325/25 – (Despite being on backorder and about impossible to find, Jason was able to find this unicorn somewhere and called me with the great news on my birthday – so once again, props to Jason/House Motorsports and the great service they offered!)

Name:  IMG_1615.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  128.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1610.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1609.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  134.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1607.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1606.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  150.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1605.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  141.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1596.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1612.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  103.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1613.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  136.6 KB

Future:
I plan to drive the car as it sits for awhile and get to know the car a bit better before I replace much more, but I see a full exhaust and tune by spring of next year!

And lastly, I think this is a funny progression - notice an similarities?!

Name:  215332_56_full.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  tms1.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  1428026805.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  106.5 KB

Thanks for looking! Tomorrow is a full detail and then I plan to have a proper photo shoot very soon!

Last edited by Kricci; 04-17-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
looks sick! where'd you get the rear defuser? I need one.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
looks good. Hope I don't get a rear flat.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:39 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
could you post an unshadowed shot of the rear diffuser.

Thanks, Nice car.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Forujames
looks good. Hope I don't get a rear flat.
Seeing how long these tires have been on backorder, as soon as they start producing again, I will be ordering a set to keep in the garage.

Originally Posted by JSF721
could you post an unshadowed shot of the rear diffuser.
It's really hard to capture on a black car, which is one of the reasons i like it, but next time the sun comes out I'll try to snap one.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Here's a shot of the diffuser - still not a great pic.
Name:  IMG_1653.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  121.0 KB

also - one from a show this morning:
Name:  IMG_1682.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  185.0 KB

Old 04-04-2015, 07:37 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Looks great. I recently took delivery of a black on black 997.1TT. I like your current look.

Where did you get your rear diffuser?

Last edited by au2bahn; 04-04-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by au2bahn
Looks great. I recently took delivery of a black on black 997.1TT. I like your current look.

Where did you get your rear diffuser?

Thanks!

I got the rear diffuser from Edwin (screen name: Precision Porsch on this forum)

Old 04-05-2015, 09:31 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Car looks great, nice mods! Enjoy!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kricci
Here's a shot of the diffuser - still not a great pic.

also - one from a show this morning:
Kevin - it's been a blast working with you, and seeing this right here makes it all worth it! Just in time for show season - definitely achieves what we set out from the outset on a clean and classy look!

I was passing some pictures of the finished product around the shop and while everyone was definitely excited to see the stance on the Turbo - more than a few asked about your Bronco haha!

Enjoy it, and as always we are definitely here for you if you need anything at all!

- Jason

Old 04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
How do you feel about the eibach springs? How did the ride quality change as far as bumpiness? Also why did you go eibach straight instead of GMG or techart?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by HOUSE Motorsports

I was passing some pictures of the finished product around the shop and while everyone was definitely excited to see the stance on the Turbo - more than a few asked about your Bronco haha!
Ha that is completely normal - i get way more comments in and about the Bronco than i do my car, which i am OK with - it's a sweet rig and pretty uncommon to see in such good shape. It will be a sad day when she sells...

Originally Posted by speedsterr
How do you feel about the eibach springs? How did the ride quality change as far as bumpiness? Also why did you go eibach straight instead of GMG or techart?
I really like them. I wanted to close the wheel gap but not be slammed and while i fully expect to go with coilovers in the future, this accomplished the goal fairly inexpensively for the time being.

I feel the ride quality is no worse than stock despite the more aggressive drop. I feel like it is actually better than stock in normal mode, however it is hard to really tell as i obviously wanted it to be better. I can say that I think the sport suspension is much better with the Eibach's vs. stock - granted it is still rough, but i can actually tolerate it with the Eibach's where as i never used that mode with the stock springs.

I decided to go with Eibach over the others because after all of my research you get the same thing at a better price. Many of the companies just rebrand the same or very similar spring and the price doubles... They are a reputable company whose sole focus is suspension and they do it well.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:56 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kricci
Ha that is completely normal - i get way more comments in and about the Bronco than i do my car, which i am OK with - it's a sweet rig and pretty uncommon to see in such good shape. It will be a sad day when she sells...

I really like them. I wanted to close the wheel gap but not be slammed and while i fully expect to go with coilovers in the future, this accomplished the goal fairly inexpensively for the time being.

I feel the ride quality is no worse than stock despite the more aggressive drop. I feel like it is actually better than stock in normal mode, however it is hard to really tell as i obviously wanted it to be better. I can say that I think the sport suspension is much better with the Eibach's vs. stock - granted it is still rough, but i can actually tolerate it with the Eibach's where as i never used that mode with the stock springs.

I decided to go with Eibach over the others because after all of my research you get the same thing at a better price. Many of the companies just rebrand the same or very similar spring and the price doubles... They are a reputable company whose sole focus is suspension and they do it well.

Ah interesting. How much are the eibach springs? I was thinking of going GMG.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Ah interesting. How much are the eibach springs? I was thinking of going GMG.
I am sure you'll find plenty of satisfied customers with the GMG springs if you decide to go that route, definitely not knocking them at all.

The Eibach's were in the 330-350 range shipped IIRC. I got them through House motorsports.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Are those Volks on your DC2? Definitely looks like a Wings West lip kit...!

And to help answer the Eibach vs GMG talk - GMGs are slightly tweaked Eibachs in the area of Spring Rates. They won't disclose the changes publicly but they are definitely a quality piece (as are the Eibachs that they are originally based on) - we've done both, and trust both, plenty of folks happy with both

- Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997 TT - A Story in Pictures