997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Time has come to move on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PenguiN
Yea - one of the main reasons I'm moving on from the TTS is it's crap handling. The rear end is like you have a trailer with an elephant on it.

I will def not miss that *** wiggle on turns.

One tip to getting your car sold ASAP is probably not to tell potential buyers that it handles like crap...

Old 04-22-2015, 10:34 AM
PenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud ofPenguiN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
One tip to getting your car sold ASAP is probably not to tell potential buyers that it handles like crap...
I'm not worried about selling the car based on my experience. 6speedonline is certainly not where I forsee this car being sold. Also, most people don't buy this car for the handling when compared to a much more expensive car (McLaren, Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc). It's mostly for the power, practicality, and reliability for a cost that is reasonable.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
Where did you get the black fender guards

Old 04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
cotmfk is on a distinguished road
If you want a quick sale, go back to stock as much as you can...

Having mods on there limits the potential pool of interested buyers. GLWS.

Let people know if you have service records, accident history/paintwork, etc. Basically answer the common questions in the for sale ad so they don't have to ask. Make it as easy as possible for the buyer to get all the information they want as fast as possible.

Also, some dealers were advertising on here that they want to buy 997 turbos. So, you could try that route as well (won't be top $$$).