997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Build: Champion VTG's + Intercoolers + ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pureporsche
...car goes under the knife in two days (Monday).
Should have her back, ready for custom COBB tuning next weekend.

get ready for some emails Dzenno
Ready as soon as you are

Old 05-10-2015, 06:52 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Dear ECS Tuning:

After ordering 6 spark plugs from you, and paying an additional $50 to have them over night shipped, so I'd have them before the weekend, and ready for my build...

...thanks for sending me just 1 plug!
I open the box, and there's one, just one plug!

Seriously ECS Tuning, do you guys have an intern working at your shipping department?
You sent me one sparkplug? WTF!?!
Who orders one plug?

Clearly, if you read my order - it states 6!
This is literally beyond ridiculous -I now have the most expensive spark plug on the planet.

I don't know whether to laugh at the absurdity of the situation, or be mad.
Someone is clearly a sleep at the wheel there!

Last edited by pureporsche; 05-10-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the diff and now the shipping situation with the plugs.

I'm sure ECS will do right by you.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:37 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stage7
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the diff and now the shipping situation with the plugs.

I'm sure ECS will do right by you.
It's a never ending saga!

Old 05-10-2015, 09:11 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. What plugs did you order? You can buy NGK iridium 1 step colder plugs(BKR7EIX) locally at Advance Auto. They are only $8.50 a plug.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
FIFTY DOLLARS FOR NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!!!! For "a" spark plug.....WTF indeed!

I hope they shipped the right one so you don't have to return it and then have to pay another fifty dollars to have the correct "one" shipped back. Not to mention the time & cash it took you to facilitate shipping back the wrong order...

Old 05-19-2015, 07:15 PM
We've hit another hiccup in this build.

As it turns out the lower hoses, which were bought as part of the Champion Intercooler kit from another 6speed member don't quite fit. These are the hoses that connect the 68mm CMS VTG's to the IC's.

I (my shop) have a call out to Champion and hopefully they will be able to help supply just those two hoses - I'll only know tomorrow morning.
If that fails, I'm left sourcing another set, which means further delays

Old 05-19-2015, 07:38 PM
So I think I may just need to replace one hose.

These are the hoses received...

Here's Champions photo:

Looks like the one hose, bottom left is a "fatty"... wrong hose.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:16 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
We've hit another hiccup in this build.

As it turns out the lower hoses, which were bought as part of the Champion Intercooler kit from another 6speed member don't quite fit. These are the hoses that connect the 68mm CMS VTG's to the IC's.

I (my shop) have a call out to Champion and hopefully they will be able to help supply just those two hoses - I'll only know tomorrow morning.
If that fails, I'm left sourcing another set, which means further delays

That's the hose that popped off my car the other day. I still have the stock hoses (going to the .2tt intercoolers). Don't worry Pure, once you get everything set up you'll forget about the headaches when you punch it around 4k rpm.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Champion offers different hoses for the .1 cars vs the .2 cars.

Perhaps you have a kit designed for the 997.2 turbo?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 AM

I think that's exactly it.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Then you might also have the .2 version of the 68 turbos which is the same as the .1 GT2 with bigger hotside?

Old 05-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !

that hose kit is def way off

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Then you might also have the .2 version of the 68 turbos which is the same as the .1 GT2 with bigger hotside?
turbos are 997.1 turbos 100%... easy enough to compare

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-20-2015, 12:54 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Sorry if you already posted this ,but what kinda Hp are you expecting to get out of this build ,I have a very similar set up & curious & good luck getting it all sorted out its always worth it in the end .

Last edited by twturbo; 05-20-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Sorry if you already posted this ,but what kinda Hp are you expecting to get out of this build ,I have a very similar set up & curious & good luck getting it all doted out its always wort it inthe end .
I've got a similar setup and the preliminary numbers on the Mustang AWD dyno were low 600s whp and 600ish wtq. Since then I've gotten bigger injectors b/c the duty cycle on the stock injectors was crazy. Therefore need to fine tune on the dyno, but I don't think we are shooting for much higher on pumpgas (94 octane)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Build: Champion VTG's + Intercoolers + ...