997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

DD Tire Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:52 AM
997.2 TTS will become famous soon enough
I would go with MSS again. I replaced the PPZ on my DD TTS with MSS ~5k miles ago and love them. The MSS are quieter, have better feel and from the looks of the tires at 5k miles, will last longer than the PPZ

Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I love the Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the daily drive. Incredible grip and longevity combined with excellent wet weather traction. And if you choose you can track them (I do) and the ones on my TT are the sizes you mention.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I think I may try the Michelin Pilot Super Sports when my PS2s are worn out.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Banned
turbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to behold
I just took off some Pirelli p zero's they are absolute junk

the car was getting sideways on me under wot and would break free when taking corners hard.

put some super sports on the rear 305's and all the issues went away

they are the best tire for street and can even take a lot of abuse on the track!

I cant think of any better tire that you can drive on daily hit the track and drive home on!

hats off to Michelin

not to mention their trade life is above anyone's!

Old 04-24-2015, 04:20 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
I ended up going with the Hankook V12 evo2's.
Haven't had much seat time yet but first thing I noticed was there is no sidewall protection like the PSS.

But they're grippy.

Name:  image-2436999063.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  554.9 KB

Old 04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Hate to say it but you are not going to like those tires on the turbo. They're soft and and get greasy

Old 04-24-2015, 04:42 PM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Awesome....

Well I have 30 days to swap them out. Probably just have them order the PSS and when they come in, swap them out.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:33 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up 325/245

Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
Awesome....

Well I have 30 days to swap them out. Probably just have them order the PSS and when they come in, swap them out.
go 325 and 245 buddy. Transform the cars tendency to understeer. I've covered 72000 miles and 5000 miles most recently on the larger size tyres.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	419075  
Old 04-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
[QUOTE=TheInfamousDrew;4329624]I ended up going with the Hankook V12 evo2's.
Haven't had much seat time yet but first thing I noticed was there is no sidewall protection like the PSS.

I love mine! Quiet and smooth and very affordable. I would keep them. Taking tires of and on, will eventually damage the wheels finish. Sepecialy all the brainiacs that work in these shops.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:55 AM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
I took off the Hankook's and went with Bridgestone S-04's same price pretty much and feel a ton better that the Hankook's.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by IMI A
go 325 and 245 buddy. Transform the cars tendency to understeer. I've covered 72000 miles and 5000 miles most recently on the larger size tyres.
I went to my tire shop yesterday and they are going to contact Michelin on Monday to get an ETA for the 305s and 325s.

Originally Posted by Al Nunez
Taking tires of and on, will eventually damage the wheels finish. Sepecialy all the brainiacs that work in these shops.
I have a fairly competent shop that does mine and the manager always does my wheels.
They screwed up one of my wheels a while back and ever since then, they treat me extremely well.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
looks good Drew! You hitting up any events soon?

Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Al Nunez;4329939]
Originally Posted by TheInfamousDrew
I ended up going with the Hankook V12 evo2's.

I love mine! Quiet and smooth and very affordable. I would keep them. Taking tires of and on, will eventually damage the wheels finish. Sepecialy all the brainiacs that work in these shops.
If the shop has the right tools, nothing should happen to the wheels. I have porsche swap my tires from summer to winter. Though if they ever messed up my rim, my wheel and tire insurance would cover it so I don't really care lol.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by meaker
looks good Drew! You hitting up any events soon?
Hey man,
I'll be at Cars and Coffee this weekend.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:44 PM
***Update***

Wednesday I'm having them install 245/35/19 and 325/30/19 PSS's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DD Tire Options