997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline Inconel , Cobb tune, Ipd plenum/ Y pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Ddesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud ofDdesimone17 has much to be proud of
Kline Inconel , Cobb tune, Ipd plenum/ Y pipe

Purchased a new toy this winter 2013 997.2 tts cab, just added these three mods and could not be happier. Coming from a heavily modded 04 996 tt cab ( kline exhaust )I did not anticipate a huge difference between the two cars having said that the difference is mind blowing.

I must give big props to Sam at by design and Mitch at Cobb , both of them are the most proffessional responsive people I have had the pleasure to do business with and made the process completely painless.

Felix at Kline was tremendous as well, the quality and finish on the exhaust is exceptional. Most importantly The sound , performance and responsiveness of the car exceeded my expectations.

I would strongly recommend any one to consider doing business with them, I know with out a doubt you will be a pleased as I am.

Finally , Thank you to 6 speed and all the contributors for their comments it made the research and decision process hassle free and expeditious.

Will post some pics and multiple sounds clips this weekend

Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yes, Sam sells good merchandise....

Old 04-22-2015, 11:09 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
agree on this! sam and mitch are really easy to deal with! good parts!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
Purchased a new toy this winter 2013 997.2 tts cab, just added these three mods and could not be happier. Coming from a heavily modded 04 996 tt cab ( kline exhaust )I did not anticipate a huge difference between the two cars having said that the difference is mind blowing.

I must give big props to Sam at by design and Mitch at Cobb , both of them are the most proffessional responsive people I have had the pleasure to do business with and made the process completely painless.

Felix at Kline was tremendous as well, the quality and finish on the exhaust is exceptional. Most importantly The sound , performance and responsiveness of the car exceeded my expectations.

I would strongly recommend any one to consider doing business with them, I know with out a doubt you will be a pleased as I am.

Finally , Thank you to 6 speed and all the contributors for their comments it made the research and decision process hassle free and expeditious.

Will post some pics and multiple sounds clips this weekend
Glad that you are enjoying it! Please let me know if you need anything at all!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 04-23-2015, 06:22 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Which version of the kline inconel did you get?

Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 AM
Former Vendor
Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !Felix_Kline Is a GOD !
Thank you Darren! Looking forward in hearing some videos!

Speedsterr he got 100 cell / DECAT inconel system with carbon tips.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers Darren. You were also greet to work with and it was a pleasure. I also appreciate your trust and faith. Can't wait to hear her sing!

Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Cubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to beholdCubes is a splendid one to behold
I did something similar, purchased a 997 Turbo and recently added Cobb AP3 and Kline 200 cell exhaust with the new developed Carbon Fiber tips.
Also as Ddsimone I wasn't anticipating such a significant change in performance and was blown away.

The sentiments about Sam (by desing) and Mitch (Cobb Tuning) are 100% spot on. Dealing with vendor like them makes it such a pleasure especially when spending that kind of money. Sam was incredibly resourceful and answered all my questions and concerns in a non bias way and that is a big plus for me. Mitch was unbelievable and was answering my emails and checking my logs even over Easter weekend....that's crazy.

For anyone on the fence about getting a Kline exhaust, just jump off. The craftsmanship of this exhaust is second to none and its a complete shame that others cant see it and appreciate it after it's installed. I got it installed by my mechanic (turbo studs where rust to ****) and fitment was perfect. The carbon tips are just beautiful and if you are a carbon "hoe" like me, you gotta have these. The uniqueness alone won me over.
The sound was exactly what I was looking for. It has that "different" exotic like sound when its idling that lets you know there's something brewing underneath that engine lid. Cruising and driving pedestrian-like, it's very close to stock from a DB level yet it has a different tone (deeper). That semi-quietness was something critical for me as I'm a point in my life that I cant stand obnoxiously loud cars that scream "look at me" as I hate drawing attention. I have had a SVT and a G35 both with test pipes and high flow exhaust systems and I cant imagine driving those things now...how people change.
Dont be fooled though, step above that 3500rpm line and WOW....lets just say whoever said this system is too quiet, you my friend really need to go see a Doc...lol.
Now the absolutely MOST important decision factor that I entrusted Sam when I asked him this question was: Does this system have any drone? He assured me that it didn't and cautiously warned me that everyone perceives drone differently. Well I'm more than happy to report that this system has zero drone on my car and current set up.

I am hoping for good weather this weekend so that I can do a quick video and share.

Ddsimone couldn't have said it better, thank you to all the 6speed community and all those that have posted opinions, reviews, tests, etc. as it helped me make my decision that much more informed.

Cheers,

Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Love it Cubes. Right back at you! Can't wait till the air clears up and we can all hear your 200cel roar.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Beautiful exhausts on the Kline site - love the CF tips too!
But... no prices anywhere to be found?
...no shopping cart??

I'm going to detract a little from the subject of the thread, as this stuff drives me bonkers!

I'm in the automotive industry, digital strategy and marketing. If I could offer one piece of advice that's a big no-no, is listing products without prices. It's SOOOOO 2005. Not only are you increasing psychological elements of distrust (hiding a crucial piece of information about the product), but you're not sending a key "marker" that most machine systems or bots (Google, Bing, etc.) look for within structured markup on the page, to help display and rank your pages in search results.

Guys, add price! even if you have to add a disclaimer that it may vary from state to state or shipping may vary, etc.

Also, add a way to be able to put it in a shopping cart (there are so many other benefits of such functionality on the site from increased conversion, engagement, analytics... list goes on).
At the very minimum, add a lead gen. form on all your product pages.

I'm saying this as I'm in the market for a GT2 exhaust, so when I see a company that has such a great product, but fail on marketing execution, it really gripes me. I'll end my rant here

Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Pure. Kline is it fast-growing company focused on design, execution and continued innovation. I think at this stage that is their main focus as well as providing amazing videos to help customers get a feel for the product. Testimonials like this one key for people to have faith and trust in the product. Felix is extremely vocal out there and reaches out as well as depending on dealers and distributors like myself to get the product out. They have a dealer and contact page and we all provide very fast response. I do respect your thoughts As a customer and everything is a work in progress. There are lots of avenues for you to get what you need. Although many company still work this way. I respect the personal touch this gentleman maintain. Between that, the amazing product and the warm welcome from customers I couldn't have picked a better partner for the most amazing exhaust systems. Give me a call or email. I would love to earn your business as well as offer you all the details and an amazing price/value. If you haven't heard, ask about the SamboTT guarantee!

Cheers

Old 04-25-2015, 09:34 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Pure. Kline is it fast-growing company focused on design, execution and continued innovation. I think at this stage that is their main focus as well as providing amazing videos to help customers get a feel for the product. Testimonials like this one key for people to have faith and trust in the product. Felix is extremely vocal out there and reaches out as well as depending on dealers and distributors like myself to get the product out. They have a dealer and contact page and we all provide very fast response. I do respect your thoughts As a customer and everything is a work in progress. There are lots of avenues for you to get what you need. Although many company still work this way. I respect the personal touch this gentleman maintain. Between that, the amazing product and the warm welcome from customers I couldn't have picked a better partner for the most amazing exhaust systems. Give me a call or email. I would love to earn your business as well as offer you all the details and an amazing price/value. If you haven't heard, ask about the SamboTT guarantee!

Cheers
Thanks for the thought-out message.
It never occurred to me that they are a B2B focused - I guess in my frustration I left without investigating further. If I could make one final recommendation in this case, is it may be a good idea to add a clear (high contrast) link or button on the product pages that's clearly labeled (something like "purchase from our distributors"), linked to the distributor/contact page. Simple, easy.
That way as a consumer, I can easily be redirected to your site, Sambo (when it's up) and do some biz'nes

Once again - apologies for distracting from the main thread

...and yes, those exhausts and tips look amazing!

Last edited by pureporsche; 04-25-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
Cheers. And trust me it makes sense to me because we are redoing my whole site right now.

Thank you for the comments and feel free to inquire anytime.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:24 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Big props for Sam and Felix. My kline system sounds better and better the more I drive it. Craftsmanship is spot on. When you unbox it you almost want to hang it on a wall instead of installing it. Trust me you wont regret getting a Kline from Sam.
Cheers

Old 04-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Beautiful exhausts on the Kline site - love the CF tips too!
But... no prices anywhere to be found?
...no shopping cart??

I'm going to detract a little from the subject of the thread, as this stuff drives me bonkers!

I'm in the automotive industry, digital strategy and marketing. If I could offer one piece of advice that's a big no-no, is listing products without prices. It's SOOOOO 2005. Not only are you increasing psychological elements of distrust (hiding a crucial piece of information about the product), but you're not sending a key "marker" that most machine systems or bots (Google, Bing, etc.) look for within structured markup on the page, to help display and rank your pages in search results.

Guys, add price! even if you have to add a disclaimer that it may vary from state to state or shipping may vary, etc.

Also, add a way to be able to put it in a shopping cart (there are so many other benefits of such functionality on the site from increased conversion, engagement, analytics... list goes on).
At the very minimum, add a lead gen. form on all your product pages.

I'm saying this as I'm in the market for a GT2 exhaust, so when I see a company that has such a great product, but fail on marketing execution, it really gripes me. I'll end my rant here
Hi @pureporsche. We're a KLINE dealer as well and we do have pricing on our website for all the Porsche KLINE exhausts:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/collections/porsche

We have sold a good number of them so far and we also run it on our shop's 997.1 Turbo. It is a huge upgrade over the OEM exhaust both performance and sound wise. Here's a review from one of our customers on the 997.2 Turbo:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2-turbo-s.html

We guarantee our pricing and offer special promotions to 6speed members as well as our returning customers just as we do for any other product on our website including packages with Cobb Accessports and our custom tuning. Feel free to PM us to check in on any promos if you decide to go this route and we'll do our best to answer any questions.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 04-27-2015 at 01:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline Inconel , Cobb tune, Ipd plenum/ Y pipe