997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Am I missing something..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:39 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Am I missing something..

Ok for my car I just got the eibach springs done and have the TPC DSC and I plan on doing my first DE with the PCA in a few weeks. I've done a few other DE's in other peoples cars but not mine. I know my car makes enough power to keep up with other cars, but it's the suspension I'm wondering about. Is there more that I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
You should be fine.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:04 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Post a review of the eibach DSC combo. How is the ride quality? How is the bumpiness? Better than stock? Same as stock? worse?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Does this look right? The car handles like total dog crap. The Springs with the TPC DSC feel good though

Last edited by THEWHEEL22; 04-24-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:51 PM

The springs are not bouncy like my old 89' mustang LX 5.0 on a set of springs ha!

The overall ride with the DSC box is night and day over stock, I really didn't push it because of the alignment, to me it feels off.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I can't really tell from that image and angle but I gotta say that looks super sexy, those wheels and the lowering really makes it look good. Congrats to you!

I think you'd be fine as is but maybe go back to who did the alignment and see what they think.

-RyanG

Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
I can't really tell from that image and angle but I gotta say that looks super sexy, those wheels and the lowering really makes it look good. Congrats to you!

I think you'd be fine as is but maybe go back to who did the alignment and see what they think.

-RyanG
Thanks! I think it looks good, it just feels off. I did post the specs of the alignment too.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:38 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
It sounds like you're a novice DE driver - great for you for getting out on the track! Don't take this the wrong way but a skilled driver in a spec miata could most likely lap you. Please don't worry about power. You have way more than you can handle at this point.

If you think there is something wrong with the alignment take it back. While there are some areas that you can't swing a cat without hitting a "porsche shop", there are very few that truly know how to set these cars up properly. Especially for track driving.

Welcome to the slippery slope and have fun!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by E55AMG
It sounds like you're a novice DE driver - great for you for getting out on the track! Don't take this the wrong way but a skilled driver in a spec miata could most likely lap you. Please don't worry about power. You have way more than you can handle at this point.

If you think there is something wrong with the alignment take it back. While there are some areas that you can't swing a cat without hitting a "porsche shop", there are very few that truly know how to set these cars up properly. Especially for track driving.

Welcome to the slippery slope and have fun!
You're correct, I am. I've driven around a track maybe 20 laps in my life. Never in my car, in friends cars..458's R8's and 997 Turbos.

I've been drag racing for maybe 18 years now, this is a different ball game though. It's a lot to learn too, I'm trying to figure it out.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
You're correct, I am. I've driven around a track maybe 20 laps in my life. Never in my car, in friends cars..458's R8's and 997 Turbos.

I've been drag racing for maybe 18 years now, this is a different ball game though. It's a lot to learn too, I'm trying to figure it out.
best thing is to know what you don't know. you'll do well. the best way to really learn to drive is with something with low HP, and no nannies. miata, 944, etc. great fun. the turbo will also be fun, just try to learn as much as you can. data and video are great tools to make improvements.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:21 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
You should be fine at the track. You have more than enough power to keep up with the group especially because PCA DE events are organized in run groups based on the track experience of the drivers. You will most certainly be in the GREEN run group with an instructor who will focus on teaching you the "correct line" and being smooth and not focusing on top speed. You will not be driving on the track with experienced drivers.

Regarding your suspension, I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for a track-specific set-up? I would have thought that if your car "handled like crap" that you would have rectified it for your daily driving, regardless, at your Porsche dealer. Why is this a focus now, a few weeks before you go on track? Your car looks great though!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by akunob
You should be fine at the track. You have more than enough power to keep up with the group especially because PCA DE events are organized in run groups based on the track experience of the drivers. You will most certainly be in the GREEN run group with an instructor who will focus on teaching you the "correct line" and being smooth and not focusing on top speed. You will not be driving on the track with experienced drivers.

Regarding your suspension, I'm a bit confused. Are you looking for a track-specific set-up? I would have thought that if your car "handled like crap" that you would have rectified it for your daily driving, regardless, at your Porsche dealer. Why is this a focus now, a few weeks before you go on track? Your car looks great though!
I think I'm going to run on the Cobb Stage 1 flash for the DE's just to be on the safe side. I'm sure, I'll be with the Green group. I wouldn't want to move up with out real experience under my belt.

For my suspension, I'm looking for maybe an aggressive street set up? I do drive the car around town and to the drag strip once a month so I don't want a "track set up" If I do turn in to a "track rat" I'll buy a dedicated track car. Maybe the alignment is too much of a track set up? I have no clue, this is the first time I've used this shop. My normal go to shop. www.gocpt.com he's away at the races till May 19th and has been gone since last month. He's the best, and always knows whats "best" for me. But I was sick of my TT looking like a 4 X 4

Old 04-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by E55AMG
best thing is to know what you don't know. you'll do well. the best way to really learn to drive is with something with low HP, and no nannies. miata, 944, etc. great fun. the turbo will also be fun, just try to learn as much as you can. data and video are great tools to make improvements.

You're right, couldn't agree more.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by THEWHEEL22
I think I'm going to run on the Cobb Stage 1 flash for the DE's just to be on the safe side. I'm sure, I'll be with the Green group. I wouldn't want to move up with out real experience under my belt.

For my suspension, I'm looking for maybe an aggressive street set up? I do drive the car around town and to the drag strip once a month so I don't want a "track set up" If I do turn in to a "track rat" I'll buy a dedicated track car. Maybe the alignment is too much of a track set up? I have no clue, this is the first time I've used this shop. My normal go to shop. www.gocpt.com he's away at the races till May 19th and has been gone since last month. He's the best, and always knows whats "best" for me. But I was sick of my TT looking like a 4 X 4
COBB stage 1 will blow the field away on power alone but that shouldn't be your focus at the DE (your stock TT map would be more than enough). There's a saying among drivers at the track, "Go slow to go fast". Initially, learning and understanding the "racing line", knowing how to carry speed through a corner (slow in/fast out) and being a momentum driver will make you a better driver than merely mashing the throttle in a high HP car! The stage 1 map will be mighty quick but you will likely find that mastering throttle and brake pedal application will be more important at the DE than being able to dial-up 18+psi of boost on the gauge! Try as hard as possible to discard your drag strip tendencies, 'flooring it' isn't necessarily the goal, although you know this as you've tracked before in other cars!

Have fun and enjoy, very few activities are more fun than running a TT on a track!

Last edited by akunob; 04-24-2015 at 08:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I missing something..