997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB Stage 3 Maps - Alpha Release!

Old 04-24-2015, 01:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
COBB Stage 3 Maps - Alpha Release!

Hey guys,
After a few long weeks and late nights we are nearing full release of our Stage 3 Off The Shelf maps for the 997.1 Turbo!

These maps are for you 997.1 Turbo guys out there who are running intercoolers, COBB or ID 1000cc injectors, and an exhaust. These maps will come out for all gases we have supported in the past, ACN91, 91, 93, and recently 100. But the best part, in my opinion, is the added E85 map! We have a few guys out in the wild testing these maps for us already but we are releasing alpha maps here to get some additional real world data before we proceed with the full release.

Alpha Stage3 OTS Maps

Most of you know or have heard how wonderful E85 can be, but haven’t had an easy way to properly run it in your .1 yet. These new Off-The-Shelf maps will give those of you with COBB 1000cc injectors, exhausts, and aftermarket intercoolers the ability to run it! Power increases are pretty dramatic, even over 100 octane.

Name:  E85 vs 100 vs ACn91.jpg
Views: 2490
Size:  54.8 KB

Above shows our new Stage3 E85 OTS Map (Green) vs. Stage2 100 (red) and Stage2 ACN91 (blue) maps. With E85 the peak gains and increased area under the curve are substantial over our crummy California pump gas. Gains of nearly 100whp (19.7%) and 100ft/lbs (18.5%) of torque are realized between the two (green vs.blue). The power increase in Stage3 E85 over Stage2 100 octane are still impressive! Gains of an additional 45whp (8%) and 57ft/lbs (10%) of torque were seen. For those of you running regular 91 or 93 expect to see an increase of 17-19% in whp and 16-18% ft/lbs of torque.

The one nasty aspect of E85 is that the blend tends to change in the winter to E70 in many states. These maps do not support E70 only E85. Please check with your station to see which blend you are getting or better yet, you can test it yourself. QuickFuel makes these cheap handy test kits:

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/s...test-tube.html

Since these maps are in alpha release there are a few key things we would like to see from you guys who choose to run these maps(E85 and gasoline). Please open the Alpha How-To file in the Box link below or at the top of the page for further instructions.

Alpha Stage3 OTS Maps

Please, if you decide to take part in the alpha testing, any and all data would be great for us to have! Please send all logs, questions, comments, or concerns directly to the Porsche Expert Group ( Porsche.Experts@Cobbtuning.com ). Feel free to email me directly as well at jon.hebbeln@cobbtuning.com or Mitch mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

This is also my first time posting here so feel I should give a brief introduction. My name is Jon Hebbeln and I have been with Cobb for the past two and half years, some of you may have met me when I was the retail calibrator at Cobb SoCal tuning anything from Stage1 Subarus to 1000whp GTRs and everything else Cobb supports. I recently transitioned out of retail tuning and started doing R&D calibration for the Porsche in an attempt to help with the demand and keep Mitch from working 24/7 (he’s going to continue to do it anyway haha). I also personally wanted to thank you guys for the support you have shown Cobb over the past year as we continue to improve and innovate the Porsche tuning market.

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Last edited by COBB Tuning; 04-24-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:59 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Hi Jon, welcome and congrats! I'm glad Mitch is getting some more help

Old 04-25-2015, 04:16 AM
tt91185 is on a distinguished road
Just installed 1000cc injectors can't wait for the new tune.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:06 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Been running stage3 e85 maps since last year, Cobb+ID1000s+E85 is magic!

Old 04-25-2015, 07:30 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Unfortunately in Canada, as far as I am aware, we only have two stations that sell E85. One here in Vancouver and the other in Ottawa on the other side of the continent.
E85's just not viable for us yet.

Monday, I'm replacing my front diff, and the following week adding CMS 68mm VTG's, CMS IC's and hoses, together with Cobb custom for 94 octane... looking forward to it

Any news on launch control functionality? I think I heard it being mentioned that you guys were working on it, in another thread.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Unfortunately in Canada, as far as I am aware, we only have two stations that sell E85. One here in Vancouver and the other in Ottawa on the other side of the continent.
E85's just not viable for us yet.

Monday, I'm replacing my front diff, and the following week adding CMS 68mm VTG's, CMS IC's and hoses, together with Cobb custom for 94 octane... looking forward to it

Any news on launch control functionality? I think I heard it being mentioned that you guys were working on it, in another thread.
We are close to releasing launch control. We wanted to get it out with e85, but we just didn't have time. We are super close though and just buttoning things up, so you will see it very soon.

Mitch

Old 04-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Great stuff!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:14 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cobb tuning
we are close to releasing launch control. We wanted to get it out with e85, but we just didn't have time. We are super close though and just buttoning things up, so you will see it very soon.

Mitch
awesome!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Great news! Are 997.2 ICs ok with stage 3 map?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:02 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by swc
I been running Stage3 maps with the 997.2 IC's, works great!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:30 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I been running Stage3 maps with the 997.2 IC's, works great!
Same here. What I ran my 5.9 on. Work like a charm

Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by swc
Yes they should be fine!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Welcome to 6speed John! Ethanol is a beautiful thing. Dreaming of it on a 997.2 lol.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I have ran this current Alpha 3 map on my car.

I can personally tell you, its a true animal with its great intentions utilizing E85.
I currently have the GT2RS (997.2) intercoolers, 1000cc injectors, EP2 stage 2, Doo intakes and cant forget this the Cobb tune.

I previously ran an 91oct Evoms 580 tune, while, choosing to run 100 octane, 100% of the time. No comparison in performance at half the cost of fuel. Cars current Powerband is completely different (Turbos spool up faster) allowing me more freedom to take more time in the corners at the track. In fact, I may need a less aggressive tune at the track once I get comfortable with my change in track setup. The extra power helps when I screw up the turn though.

Hans harness, 6 point harness, with Sparco race seats pose a different challenge for me while being so strapped in.

I have to say, Jon was there for me at the track when needing assistance Saturday morning at (5:30AM) his time. (Thanks Jon!)
Cobb should be an acronym for "Customer support while providing results."

I don't work for these guys but, very happy with them! Thanks Guys!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:52 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
My car is currently in local Porsche shop to be installed injectors and silicone inlet pipes. I decided to install these pipes because the installation is almost free with installation of injectors plus forum member Prodigymd hooked me up.(thanks Mark!) These are DO88 brand and very high quality pieces for the price. If you are interested, contact Prodigymd and he will take care of you.

Jon and Mitch have been very helpful with my upgrade. They are truly the best. Thanks again guys! I can't wait to run Alpha e85 map!

Name:  IMG_1506_zpsl6skqn9q.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  268.7 KB

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COBB Stage 3 Maps - Alpha Release!