997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo S Cobb Accessport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
That's like asking Tyson if he ever boxed professionally before!!LOL!!

Do a little research on COBB'S as they are one of the for-runners/leaders of GTR tuning and many others like WRX/Sti's etc.
I know he is a fantastic tuner, but his sig on here says "Porsche Expert Group". So I thought maybe he pawns the jap crap off to a different guy

Old 05-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
I got the logs I will check them out!

-Mitch

Old 05-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Update: Mitch has been super helpful and sent me some custom maps for both cars. I installed them in both today and logged some runs. The GTR opened up a TON after Mitch's tune. I don't have any numbers to compare just yet, but when they were stock, the Porsche was loads quicker, now it feels like the GTR is knocking on the Porsche's back bumper. I'm excited to see how close these two are with tunes alone.

Aside from power, the high-speed stability of the GTR gives you so much more confidence. The Porsche is all over the road in comparison. Might have to do some suspension mods to the Porsche to keep it as stable as I'd like. Maybe the GTR just feels more substantial with its weight.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:36 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cscat
Update: Mitch has been super helpful and sent me some custom maps for both cars. I installed them in both today and logged some runs. The GTR opened up a TON after Mitch's tune. I don't have any numbers to compare just yet, but when they were stock, the Porsche was loads quicker, now it feels like the GTR is knocking on the Porsche's back bumper. I'm excited to see how close these two are with tunes alone.

Aside from power, the high-speed stability of the GTR gives you so much more confidence. The Porsche is all over the road in comparison. Might have to do some suspension mods to the Porsche to keep it as stable as I'd like. Maybe the GTR just feels more substantial with its weight.
It's pretty typical not to feel a huge difference going to a tune only in a 997.2. With a Turbo S it's basically a 30-40 HP increase. Stage 2 (eliminating the stock cats and upgrading to aftermarket intercooler + remap) is where things get scary fast with the 997.2 as you are adding another 75 HP. Your butt dyno will def feel it plus you will be like WTF I just spun 2nd and 3rd gear and you will be looking for better tires asap.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:28 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
This is an old thread but recently purchased a Cobb AP for my 997.1TT 6 speed installed stage 1 and don't see any difference in the MF boost gauge it reads 0-7-14 , my friends with tunes their cars read 0-9-18.
What gives here even i n sport mode still reads 0-7-14