997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo S Cobb Accessport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Turbo S Cobb Accessport

So I never felt like this thing ever lacked power, but something in me yesterday was randomly saying "I wonder what its like". So I ordered a Cobb Accessport and it was overnighted to me. I installed it today with the Stage 1 93 octane tune expecting to really notice the results. Well I only drove it once so far since installing, and can't say I notice much of a difference. How can you tell its "working" besides from the seat of your pants? Boost gauge in the center of the cluster still reads 17psi at full tilt like it did before. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe the car is much quicker and I just don't realize it since it was pretty quick before hand. I checked the Accessport, and it says the current map installed is the correct one, and installation was successful. Anyone have some insight? Car still drives great, just feels no different than it did before.

Name:  D8DB8494-D838-47C5-B249-B895C49EB19B.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  275.2 KB

Name:  C269EAF0-D492-4320-A2AF-ED6ABB88D8E1.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  219.5 KB

Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
That's strange that you can't feel a seat of the pants difference.
A way to check if it's working is by pulling a log or by using the real time gauge feature of the AP.
No matter what, the gauge only reads 17 psi on the dash.
I'm certain if you email Mitch, he will help you out right away

Old 05-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
You should really feel a big difference.

Shoot me an email let's take a look at what's going on. We will get it sorted out for you.

Mitch.mckee@cobbtuning.com

-Mitch

Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 PM
shayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud of
I noticed a huge difference in stock compared to map 1 on my 997.2 Turbo. Granted I don't have the S, but I would imagine you should notice a difference.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:35 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Forget the dash. Log, Log and Log.

Btw, do an E85 conversion and be prepared to change your seat and pants.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone. I sent an email to Mitch. Any help or insight from anyone is much appreciated. As I told Mitch in the email, everyone could be completely fine and my butt dyno is just way off. I'm still at the 'holy crap this thing is fast' stage in my ownership, so I certainly wasn't craving any extra horses. I think if I got the AP for the GTR first, I might have noticed it more because that car isn't nearly as quick as the Porsche, stock for stock.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Responded. We will sort it out for you!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-14-2015, 11:20 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cscat
Thanks everyone. I sent an email to Mitch. Any help or insight from anyone is much appreciated. As I told Mitch in the email, everyone could be completely fine and my butt dyno is just way off. I'm still at the 'holy crap this thing is fast' stage in my ownership, so I certainly wasn't craving any extra horses. I think if I got the AP for the GTR first, I might have noticed it more because that car isn't nearly as quick as the Porsche, stock for stock.

Dude, you own one hell of a fleet. You should know fast cars by now, right?

With a little fine tuning, you'll be golden. Just communicate this to Mitch.

Your weak point will be the fuel your running. 91 has its limits much sooner than other higher fuel grades.

I think this relates back to everyone's fuel type / budget and both of their availability.

BTW, my cluster reads 17psi in sport mode (oddly, limit of its sensor) but, I run 21.5psi target and reach this with the OBII data reading. This value checks out on Cobb and Durametric logging running the same tune.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:22 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Is it possible your car had a tune installed from the previous owner and it was more of a lateral move?

Old 05-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by elite1
Dude, you own one hell of a fleet. You should know fast cars by now, right?

Your weak point will be the fuel your running. 91 has its limits much sooner than other higher fuel grades.
The Turbo S is significantly quicker than any thing else I drive. Getting in the Lambo after this thing feels like I went back in time 200 years. The Masi is slow but comfy, and the GTR is quick as well, but not close to the Porsche. Its also an old GTR with 485hp, while current ones leave the showroom with 545.

And I only run 93 octane, no 91 around here.

Originally Posted by Stage7
Is it possible your car had a tune installed from the previous owner and it was more of a lateral move?
I was thinking that as a possibility as well, but don't know how I'd be able to tell. It was a used car, so the PO could have done anything. The exhaust tips are fully black after driving for a couple hours, and someone told me that is a sign the car might have been tuned somewhat. But I have had the car in for warranty work a lot over the past year and the dealer never mentioned anything about it having an aftermarket tune.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:03 AM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stage7
+1 nice call, that could be it. When I bought my car, it was tuned already. I still went with cobb. Car is much smoother, and I get awesome support and new maps!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:59 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think a stock Turbo S runs 14 psi. So, if you are seeing 17-18 psi, I think you may already have a tuned S.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
I have tuned 2 cars and my last one is my panamera turbo from stock to stage 2 . Thats 620hp gain and same as your decribtion I didnt feel anything . But gps data did ! Went from 9.8s 100-200 kmh stock to 7.09s . No mater how much hp you add the driver wont notice anything because you are "attached" and concentrated at the steering wheel ! Also tunes need 100miles to adapt .

Old 05-15-2015, 10:17 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think a stock Turbo S runs 14 psi. So, if you are seeing 17-18 psi, I think you may already have a tuned S.
I think this is a good point. I don't have an s, but I thought the boost was limited to 15 psi stock.
Also, doesn't the accessport have a screen that will show actual boost?

Old 05-15-2015, 10:56 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Not sure this is correct, my stock TTS (pre-FVD tune) regularly registered 17psi. With the FVD tune, you only "see" 17psi on the digital dash reading, (18psi on the bar chart style psi gauge) but the actual output is closer to 20-21psi. The dash gauge doesn't display more than 18psi...you need logs to see the actual values.

I suspect Stage 7 might be onto something, it's very possible the OP's car was already tuned and he just switched from one aftermarket tune to another, producing similar results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Cobb Accessport