997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How bad will I get smoked guys ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 08:39 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
He backed out guys. Said he doesn't race cheap cars lol

Old 05-25-2015, 07:13 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Sounds like he is scared

Old 05-25-2015, 12:40 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
+1, and such a juvenile excuse. Sounds like high school style mentality 😏

Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Sounds like he is scared

Old 05-25-2015, 03:43 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
He sounds like a terd And...You win by default! Congrats!....

DC

Old 05-25-2015, 06:32 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Ah well... you guys are cool thanks for the info and advice !!

Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Thanks for all the advice guys. Here is an 8 speed auto stingray with the ECS supercharger kit (13.5lbs boost) meth injection, longtubes headers ,blower cam and E85. This will be my set up next year. This is a stock bottom end and stock trans. I'll look to eventually forge my LT1 motor though. Here is a link to the thread if you guys had any interest. Trust me I am not trying to start any ****. Vettes and 911 turbos have always been my favorite cars. I almost bought a 997.1 tip turbo but I chickened out worrying about possible maintenance issues or expenses. Went with the more familiar choice. I love my Stingray but I really hope to have a 997 turbo in my stable one day. http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1589656811
That setup and timeslip looks surprisingly a lot like Ryne Cunningham's (owner of CMS Motorsports and builder of the fastest vettes on the west coast) personal vette. Right after trapping 145 he blew his motor. I was sad as we were supposed to run that day. A few weeks earlier we did a 1/3 mile race from a 45mph roll and he gained maybe a car by 150mph. It was an awesome run I have a vid of it that I posted a few months ago.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
That setup and timeslip looks surprisingly a lot like Ryne Cunningham's (owner of CMS Motorsports and builder of the fastest vettes on the west coast) personal vette. Right after trapping 145 he blew his motor. I was sad as we were supposed to run that day. A few weeks earlier we did a 1/3 mile race from a 45mph roll and he gained maybe a car by 150mph. It was an awesome run I have a vid of it that I posted a few months ago.
Longboarder I love your car and your set up. I watched pretty much all of your vids yea running the ECS/A&A, or Procharger kits at full boost is not suggested for safety/longevity. Most non forged guys run them around 8lbs with a safe tune around 550-600rwhp for eternities with no issues. However if you want full boost it's definitely a good idea to forge your block. Next year I'll do the blower on 8lbs till I eventually want to turn the wick up and forge my motor. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:08 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thegame
Longboarder I love your car and your set up. I watched pretty much all of your vids yea running the ECS/A&A, or Procharger kits at full boost is not suggested for safety/longevity. Most non forged guys run them around 8lbs with a safe tune around 550-600rwhp for eternities with no issues. However if you want full boost it's definitely a good idea to forge your block. Next year I'll do the blower on 8lbs till I eventually want to turn the wick up and forge my motor. Thanks for the reply.
Thx! I found the vid. Convincing win for the vette but this one was pushing a lot more boost and 750 wheel per Ryne and he's pretty vocal about any dyno that isn't a conservative Mustang dyno. He trapped 141 without longtubes but he has the longtubes installed for the run below and in the same trim he trapped 145mph at Famoso before the motor gave out. I was happy just to keep up for a few seconds lol. That 8speed auto is legit.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thx! I found the vid. Convincing win for the vette but this one was pushing a lot more boost and 750 wheel per Ryne and he's pretty vocal about any dyno that isn't a conservative Mustang dyno. He trapped 141 without longtubes but he has the longtubes installed for the run below and in the same trim he trapped 145mph at Famoso before the motor gave out. I was happy just to keep up for a few seconds lol. That 8speed auto is legit.

Bolt-on Porsche 911 Turbo S PDK vs Supercharged, cammed C7 Vette - YouTube
Sick run and more importantly 2 sick cars. Awesome!!

Old 05-28-2015, 12:15 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Long Boarder, New Turbos for you and game over. The bonus is that you car will stay together run after run, year after year if you keep the boost reasonable. I beat the living **** out of my 996 Turbo with Protomotive 700 kit (stock internals) but never ran it over 1.4 bar and that was only on MS109. The Vette Auto is a beast for sure. But it has to hold together to be legit.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Long Boarder, New Turbos for you and game over. The bonus is that you car will stay together run after run, year after year if you keep the boost reasonable. I beat the living **** out of my 996 Turbo with Protomotive 700 kit (stock internals) but never ran it over 1.4 bar and that was only on MS109. The Vette Auto is a beast for sure. But it has to hold together to be legit.
Thanks!

The car is running great now at nearly 30psi peak mid range tapering to 18psi redline.

With hopefully a successful fueling upgrade on the way, I would like for GIAC to flatten the boost curve a little if possible by dropping mid range to maybe 28psi and to increase boost to redline to maybe 23psi. That should hopefully reduce wheel spin on launch and 2nd gear plus add a bit more top end power which is important for the airstrip events.

The goal is to see how much we can get out of stock turbos. Once that is figured out and I run the stock turbos for a while I would definitely like to upgrade to Champion 68's on the stock motor/pdk. That would probably mean flatting out the boost curve even more at maybe 25-26psi mid range and 24-25psi peak. I presume a 1-2psi increase on the 68's would mean a lot more top end power compared with the stockers. And keeping torque down by lowering boost in the mid-range should keep the motor and pdk happy

These are just hopes right now as the fuel system upgrade GIAC is working hopefully comes together shortly.