997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How bad will I get smoked guys ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 01:31 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
How bad will I get smoked guys ...

Ok so in the next few weeks I am going to run my friend of a friends 2008 turbo 6 speed with exhaust and prototive tune and intercoolers. We will probably be at Atco track in NJ. He has never drag raced before and I don't think he is that great of a driver. He is also not the nicest guy so I am hoping not to get embarrased because he is already talking tons chit

I have a 2015 Stingray Z51 A8. This is the new Auto vettes and it seems pretty damn quick to me. I have not raced mine yet but I have drag raced before in my old cars. My friend who has the exact same car last season went 11.3 at 122mph with a 1.7 60ft bone stock. My car also has an AFE cold air intake with american racing longtube headers and a dyno tune by one of the best Corvettes shops around ECS. Picked up about another 55rwhp over stock. Figured I would come to the experts and ask their opinions. Here is my car

Old 05-16-2015, 01:47 PM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Depends on how good of a driver your buddy is and if you are running street tires.

Sweet looking car though!

Old 05-16-2015, 02:02 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!! I am on the really sticky optional Z51 Michelins. They stick pretty damn good in warm weather but useless in cold weather. Next year I will get new rims and tires and do the ECS blower kit with meth injection then I'll rematch him. : )

Old 05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
When are you guys running?

Let us know what happens!

Should be an interesting run!

Old 05-16-2015, 02:24 PM
Most likely 2 weeks from now unless life gets in the way. Im def down unless he backs out. We will be at atco. I'll try to have someone video

Old 05-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
P acts are very hard to launch but my client dos go 125 mph at 10.9 sec. on a 2008 6spd complete stock with my tune only.
His will be a little faster if driven right.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-17-2015, 03:36 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Your auto trans is very good. It will shift a lot quicker than his manual. But at these power levels and such a short distance the launch is critical. Obviously the Porsche is AWD...but for what I hear the 6mt a little tricky to launch. If you tree him and get a great lunch you may beat him. Good luck let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
You'll probably beat him unless he comes with super sticky tires, a 2 step and can really drive.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Not sure who will win, and like others have said, with a short sprint, launch is critical. If he had PDK, I would say game over. But with 6MT and you saying he's not a great driver...you have a shot.

I am not a Vette fan, but will say your car looks very nice. The new look is much improved.

Good luck, and don't forget to report back.

DC

Old 05-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Like others have said the launch is crucial and it will determine the race, make sure you boost the car brake and gas, and when the last orange light blinks...start easing off the brake and let let it rip as the green light comes on, this will help in you reaction time and 60ft.

Hope this helps,

Manuel

Last edited by Boosted TTS; 05-18-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
with inexperienced drivers I go with the automatic-thinking the vette has launch control (?) away you go. Then you need to find an '08 tip

Old 05-17-2015, 08:49 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
By the title, you are speaking in past tense. You should be more optimistic.

"How bad will I smoke this guy?"

Driving style has a lot to do with it. Get very familiar with your car first.

Go in with a winning attitude though. With a tune and intercoolers, you should have no issue except the stick shift and clutch play.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:10 AM
shayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud of
If your car has launch control you should be good. If not practice your launch. My friend has a 2007 Z06 without launch control. He is still trying to dial in his launch and his times are all over the place. Once he gets his launch dialed in he will be golden.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Here is an 8 speed auto stingray with the ECS supercharger kit (13.5lbs boost) meth injection, longtubes headers ,blower cam and E85. This will be my set up next year. This is a stock bottom end and stock trans. I'll look to eventually forge my LT1 motor though.

Here is a link to the thread if you guys had any interest. Trust me I am not trying to start any ****. Vettes and 911 turbos have always been my favorite cars. I almost bought a 997.1 tip turbo but I chickened out worrying about possible maintenance issues or expenses. Went with the more familiar choice. I love my Stingray but I really hope to have a 997 turbo in my stable one day.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1589656811

Last edited by thegame; 05-18-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:27 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
Your car will trap 125 on a good day his closer to 130 but ET may be way off depending on how he launches... I just did my fastest ever 0 - 130 mph time with a great 1st and 2nd gear etc but the implied 1/4 mile was 2 mph lower than my best

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How bad will I get smoked guys ...