997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Tire pressure system

Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Tire pressure system

Seems like one of my batt ...ran out on tire...does anyone have any good replacements that there happy with.....website and how long you have them and if they've worked for you would be great......also does anyone know if I need to rebalance tire....thanks......

Old 06-24-2015, 05:34 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Seems like one of my batt ...ran out on tire...does anyone have any good replacements that there happy with.....website and how long you have them and if they've worked for you would be great......also does anyone know if I need to rebalance tire....thanks......
Batteries can't be replaced...you have to replace the entire sensor - probably best to do all 4 wheels at the same time. Many tire shops can replace sensor without entirely removing tire so re-balance may not be necessary but the wheels are off so probably a good time to do so. Lots of places to find replacement sensors (Suncoast, Tire Rack, etc.). TPMS is a weekly forum topic so search and you'll find lots of info.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 PM
matt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to all
I just replaced all 4 TPMS sensors when I had my front tires replaced. I used my local Porsche dealer for the tire replacement (price matched Tire Warehouse). I provided aftermarket TPMS sensors ($172 for all 4 on eBay). They did the TPMS on my rear tires without need to rebalance them. Overall cost for the TPMS work was more than an independent, but not significantly.

Link below to the TPMS sensors I purchased on eBay. There is some risk that aftermarket sensors won't work with your car or will have problems with setup. The seller was very good, contacted me to verify my car model and even asked for the OEM part number (got it from the Suncoast website) so he could program the sensors properly. He sent me info on the sensor serial numbers to assure that the Porsche dealer had info if needed for setup.

My experience with these was perfect....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251830296560...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Old 06-24-2015, 02:58 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
I just deprogrammed the system, much easier!

Old 06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Got mine from the dealer a few months ago, price was reasonable (80-100). In my old E46 M3, and my wife's VW, the tire pressure monitoring works off the wheel speed sensors and calculates the percentages to know if a tire is low. No sensors to ever go bad! I just had to replace one of the tire sensors in my F430 also. What a pain.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Trauma is on a distinguished road
I just went through quite an ordeal after ordering the wrong sensors myself. I ended up taking it to discount tire. They ordered the OEM HUF sensors, charged $50 to mount, and light was off and fixed in 45 minutes. Total cost $440 out the door...

Old 06-24-2015, 08:04 PM
AreaOne has a spectacular aura aboutAreaOne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mikestyle
I wouldn't do that, I was on the highway traveling at the "posted speed limit" when I got the "flat tyre" warning and it showed I was 6 pounds down. A couple of minutes later I was 14 pounds down and by the time I was able to find a gas station it was nearly flat. I wouldn't have known about the tire until the car got squirrelly in the rear then I could have possibly ruined the tire and/or the wheel.

So I'm glad I have the TPMS operational just for incidents like the one I had.

Last edited by AreaOne; 06-24-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: ,
Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I had some luck and some bad luck with replacements from Tire Rack. I'd say mostly lucky though. You should buy all four at one time.
I didn't have to re-balance.

I did deprogram those on my Carrera S though. Will replace and reactivate when I change the tires eventually, though.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
matt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to allmatt2ace is a name known to all
Check my post in this thread........

Old 07-01-2015, 12:37 PM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by matt2ace
Check my post in this thread........

Check your link

Old 07-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by cam99
Check your link
Sorry about that.....guess he closed that auction.

Updated link to the sellers latest auction for the sensors I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-TPMS-Tire-...9721da&vxp=mtr

Old 07-02-2015, 09:16 AM
Cart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to beholdCart13r is a splendid one to behold
Mines went out about a month ago, i went with ones from BERU on ebay. Found a seller selling 3 brand new for 80 bucks

Old 07-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mikestyle
I love it, that's funny man! I did the same but got new wheels and put in new ones.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:13 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
If you only want to replace one, I have a few spare ones. They are used and probably have 2-3 years left in them. Just replace one and wait until others go out and then replace all of them at the same time.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to reply to everyone that I purchased the orange beru...tires were linked within 2 miles....for peeps that go this route make sure your installer tightens down valve stems as 2 of my tires were flat 3 days later...major pissed i had to bring car back...