997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dodson Motorsport finally released pdk clutch ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:11 AM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
OK, I will try with dealer. Roslyn Porsche seems to better in LI

Old 07-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garychios
Can it be done incorrectly? How do you know the car is adapted correctly, right now 1-2 is terrible and feels bad. Reminds me of cheap euro cars with autos. After that the car is fine.
During what scenario does the 1-2 shift feel so terrible? Launch control? Aggressive start without launch control? The adaptation will most likely take care of the issue if it's done properly, but some other factors could be contributing as well.

Keep this in mind...if you're seeing that "bad" shifting during a launch control, it could simply be that you're getting too much wheelspin. Remember, launch control's job is to get you going as fast as possible, and if it's senses way too much wheelspin during a launch, it will upshift early if it thinks that's the fastest way to get you going. I've seen that scenario happen on modded cars with street tires before.

The other issue could be that you've left traction control on. Always make sure you turn that off during a launch. That will interfere in almost every aggressive start (launch control or not) and could cause that same scenario.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Tom makes a good point and longboarder and I have both experienced that scenario after launch control. It was mainly because of excess wheelspin causing the PDK to shift early. Longboarder has a thread on it with some good info. Since switching to r888s I haven't had the problem and I don't believe longboarder has either.
Gary doesn't have SC so no launch control. Could be traction control during aggressive acceleration but what it seems like he is describing is more sloppy shifting. Maybe he can clarify

Old 07-04-2015, 04:51 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
Thanks all. I don't have LC because I don't have Chrono. I only have pdk. And talking about the 1-2 shift driving slow and hitting it. On a racing, at the track its slightly better. Just a big delay IMO when hitting the button to shift.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garychios
Thanks all. I don't have LC because I don't have Chrono. I only have pdk. And talking about the 1-2 shift driving slow and hitting it. On a racing, at the track its slightly better. Just a big delay IMO when hitting the button to shift.
I know you went through a huge process trying to get it added - Amazing that Sport Chrono is tied to Launch Control... I would bet that someone could probably add it via a flash update unless there is a separate control module that runs the Sport Chrono & Launch control outside of the main ECU.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:36 PM
One guys said he can, but I don't know. He is a good friend so I will try when I get back from vacation. As for the 1-2. I will go to the dealer and see what can be done.