997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...

Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Talk about going the "whole yard!" Nice job!

This defiantly took a lot of time and moola! Nice result.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
awesome work! everything looks top notch

Old 10-21-2015, 04:39 PM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twturbo
Looks good mate any plans for the front end ,like bumper ,cf hood or cf fenders in for a penny in for a pound.
Sorry I never responded to this. I've been working at sea so haven't been getting all my messages.

I'm going to be doing the front end later this year, maybe December. I have a lead on carbon wings/fenders and I'm having a carbon bonnet/hood made to order. I have the GT2 bumper and ancilleries already, and I have a list of all the parts needed to do the middle radiator swap.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:49 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Where did you source the rear fender carbon air inlets?

Those look fantastic!

Nice job thus far!!!!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
So I was lucky enough to be able to pick up a pair of folding carbon bucket seats! They look fantastic and I'm really excited to fit then in the car. I'm buying a set of brackets to lower the driver's seat as I sit a bit high. They are from tarrett.com I've also ordered a set of alcantara cushy covers for the seats from Carnewal.com. Both are on order.

Anyway a few photos of my new seats.

Old 10-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by VID997
Where did you source the rear fender carbon air inlets?

Those look fantastic!

Nice job thus far!!!!
Ah sorry I misread your message. I had them made by DB-Carbon in Germany. They are sponsors on here I believe. Took about six weeks for them to make them. You need to ask for satin finish. Cost about €1700

Last edited by isysman; 10-21-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Changed above message as I misread your message.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:02 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
^ Thanks. Nice score on the bumper purchase, lucky you!!!! I really like the Alcantara lower dash and glove box work, not to mention the E-brake re covered in Alcantara. Looks like you found a really GOOD interior guy/shop!

Cheers

Old 10-21-2015, 05:03 PM
^^ Cool...Thanks!

Old 10-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah the interior trim is excellent. It looked like new parts when I unpacked them. I was blown away at the quality.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
This is quality work and a amazing job...love this car...do you have springs installed yet and if so how do you like the drop and what's your review on the springs...I'm on the fence between techarts and gmg springs....keep up the good work...

Old 10-22-2015, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
This is quality work and a amazing job...love this car...do you have springs installed yet and if so how do you like the drop and what's your review on the springs...I'm on the fence between techarts and gmg springs....keep up the good work...
I lowered the car with TechArt springs 2 years ago. It lowers the car by 15mm. I was weary of going any lower because of clearance issues. The springs are excellent, probably the best compromise for wanting the lower look for n the car without sacrificing comfort. Eventually I'm going to fit Bilsteins B16s and a front axle lift. Well I'll see how the car looks once the front end is done and the Pilot Cup 2 tyres are on.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:41 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Wow -- what a great build!

I had a couple questions for you regarding the interior trimming. I am planning on installing an Alcantara lower dash similar to what you have done. I've already secured an extra set of parts from donor cars so I can keep my factory full leather stuff (lower driver side trim, glovebox, trim next to glovebox, etc.) for the future.
1. Does the factory coating/trimming/leather really need to be removed to add the Alcantara? I was planning leaving mine on and simply recovering.
2. What color Alcantara did you use (9002? 9054?) and does it match identically with your headliner, shift boot/****, steering wheel?

I am tackling this myself and trying to get all my research done before diving in. Completely understand if you don't know answers to the above as the work was outsourced but keeping fingers crossed

Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Wow -- what a great build!

I had a couple questions for you regarding the interior trimming. I am planning on installing an Alcantara lower dash similar to what you have done. I've already secured an extra set of parts from donor cars so I can keep my factory full leather stuff (lower driver side trim, glovebox, trim next to glovebox, etc.) for the future.
1. Does the factory coating/trimming/leather really need to be removed to add the Alcantara? I was planning leaving mine on and simply recovering.
2. What color Alcantara did you use (9002? 9054?) and does it match identically with your headliner, shift boot/****, steering wheel?

I am tackling this myself and trying to get all my research done before diving in. Completely understand if you don't know answers to the above as the work was outsourced but keeping fingers crossed
I did the same, bought extra parts to send off instead of recovering my original parts but now that it's done and it looks so good I think I'll get rid of the original parts as I can't see me using them again.

I can't tell you which code because I don't know. The trimmer sent me a piece of fabric and I compared it to what was in my car and it matched. The only part I had in my car that was OEM was the gear leaver. The handbrake/ebrake was also sent off and re-trimmed by the same people. I'm in the process of removing my door cards to send off also.

I wouldn't want to cover over the top of the leather. I don't think it would come out very well.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:50 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
really cool build. I need to hit up DB Carbon for a set of this vents

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...