997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 07:01 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Just an amazing build! Well done.

I'm in the process of replacing my entire head unit (non OEM, Pioneer), and also replacing the air conditioning and button strip (under the air con)?

I asked Suncoast if they can provide me a list of components to enable the new 997.2 air con and 997.2 button strip components to work, however they were not sure what was needed. Are those simple plug and play?

Curious if they are not, if you have the part numbers for those accessories needed?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:53 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Just an amazing build! Well done.

I'm in the process of replacing my entire head unit (non OEM, Pioneer), and also replacing the air conditioning and button strip (under the air con)?

I asked Suncoast if they can provide me a list of components to enable the new 997.2 air con and 997.2 button strip components to work, however they were not sure what was needed. Are those simple plug and play?

Curious if they are not, if you have the part numbers for those accessories needed?
It's not straightforward, not plug and play I'm afraid. There is a group of us who have been working on this and we have been unable so far to get the gen.2 controller to activate the AC compressor. It does just plug into the same plugs on the reverse, and everything will work other than the AC. Providing you buy used AC controller. If you buy a new one it needs to be coded in the car and that's not straight forward as the piwis system gets confused when it tries to do it (as its effectively in the wrong car).

The PSM button underneath can be made to work fully. To do this you need to modify the plug that plugs into it and rewire it. The plug on the gen.2 is a 20 pin plug, but on the gen.1 it's a 16 pin plug. You can remove the outer casing of the plug and it will fit over the first 16 pins of the new PSM controller. Then depending on what buttons you need (PASM, Spoiler, PSE etc) you need to rewire that plug to make these items work.

We're still working on making the controller work but we are getting low in ideas.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:09 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Thanks Isysman.
Thats too bad, thought there may have been a breakthrough. I'm probably going to stick with the volcano gray components in this case.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 AM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Unbelievable build and attention to detail!

Old 10-23-2015, 10:10 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I admire someone willing to go to this much effort to get it right. I don't have the nerve to do this. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:27 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JSF721
I admire someone willing to go to this much effort to get it right. I don't have the nerve to do this. I cant wait to see the finished product.
Thanks for the feedback gents, it's appreciated.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM
So I thought I'd make a small update. My car is still in pieces and spread over the country as work is carried out on various parts.

I have had a number of deliveries recently though, it feels like Christmas! I ordered alcantara seat cushion covers from Carnewal. They were easy enough to fit and the cushions are removed easily by simply pulling them out. They are attached via velcro.

Because the seats are fixed and I'm tall (6'3") I also ordered seat frames from Tarrett.com in the US. They make a bracket that can lower (or raise) the seat by 3/4 inch.

My instrument clusters arrived back from Germany where I had to send them to have the needles swapped out. The same company that made the custom dials did the work. I didn't do it myself as I tried to open them and I thought I was going to break them it was so hard, so I decided to delegate them to the people who know how.

Here you can see the bottom set are my original Turbo cluster with custom dials faces and now GT3 yellow needles. I had the others reassembled as I figured I can sell them.

And lastly I finally ordered my carbon bonnet/hood. A company in the UK makes them to order and they are fantastic looking parts. A fraction of the price of the OEM as well. At a price of £1,000 (approx $1,600 US)

(Photo supplied to me of a finished item not mine though)

On a side note, because my car is effectively off the road most likely until next year now with winter setting in etc. I decided to buy a Boxster to get my kicks in. It's a 2008 model with a fantastic spec including PCCBs (like my Turbo). I was planning to get a 981, but with all the changes coming next year I decided to wait until the new models are released. And this is something to play with in the meantime.

Last edited by isysman; 11-05-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
What does the carbon frunk outside finish look like?

Old 11-03-2015, 11:37 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by isysman

And lastly I finally ordered my carbon bonnet/hood. A company in the UK makes them to order and they are fantastic looking parts. A fraction of the price of the OEM as well. At a price of £1,000 (approx $1,600 US)

(Photo supplied to me of the finished item)
Which company, got a link?

Old 11-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by VID997
What does the carbon frunk outside finish look like?
Well he sent me a photo of the outside but it had a gloss finish. I want the satin and the underside was in Satin.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Which company, got a link?
Here is the company that does the carbon parts.

http://www.lwsdesign.co.uk/index.php

Old 11-03-2015, 08:00 PM
LVIIIR is on a distinguished road
This is a superb build you have going...Looking forward to more updates!

Old 11-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Franc01 has a spectacular aura aboutFranc01 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on your progress thus far, beautiful car!

Old 11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
WOW! You are clearly possessed !
Keep the pics and updates coming!
PS I understand your car issues!

Old 11-07-2015, 04:55 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
We need more pictures...

This will be the best turbo ever. haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...