997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:56 PM
abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !
Wow looks really good .

Old 11-10-2015, 01:30 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Cheers to you for doing this. Many of us turbo owners have pondered what it would be like to have a variety of parts from the mighty GT2RS and you are making it happen. Once you add the OEM style wing and front bumper this will take it over the top.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:40 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turbofever
what deterred you from buying a gt2 in the first place? was is that you got the turbo and could not stop the urge to mod?
Well with hindsight I would saved a lot of cash by doing that. But I wanted the all wheel drive system of the turbo. Also it wasn't until I'd bought the car that I started wanting the look of the other car.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:44 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Cheers to you for doing this. Many of us turbo owners have pondered what it would be like to have a variety of parts from the mighty GT2RS and you are making it happen. Once you add the OEM style wing and front bumper this will take it over the top.
The front end is being done over the winter and I've got a line on a fully carbon made rear decklid. So by the spring the exterior should be completed.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:22 AM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Think of the weight savings by getting rid of the 4 wheel drive !

Old 11-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by roketman
Think of the weight savings by getting rid of the 4 wheel drive !
Ha yeah it would be big. I've made some savings already. Removing the rear seats/seatbelts I'd say about 10-15 kilos. Also removed those fully electric sports seats and got the carbon seats, I'll be doing a sunroof delete also and that is 30 kilos I'm told. With the carbon bonnet/hood and carbon wings/fenders it will be quite a bit lighter than a stock turbo.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Franc01 has a spectacular aura aboutFranc01 has a spectacular aura about
You can always pull the front driveshaft and see if you like her in RWD. I'm going to do that at some point soon to my '08 tt cab to see what a poor man's GT2 convertible would feel like. I already did the GT2 slave cylinder conversion and love it despite the heavy pedal.

Cheers,
Franc

Old 11-12-2015, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Franc01
You can always pull the front driveshaft and see if you like her in RWD. I'm going to do that at some point soon to my '08 tt cab to see what a poor man's GT2 convertible would feel like. I already did the GT2 slave cylinder conversion and love it despite the heavy pedal.

Cheers,
Franc
No I would never do that. I love the all wheel drive system on my car. I have considered the slave cylinder conversion though.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:54 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
You might like the updated LED tail lights

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	432621  
Old 11-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by roketman
You might like the updated LED tail lights
Very nice. I think the way prices of your car are heading, that is what I would have done. Easily reversible if you decide to move the car on. Dectanes right?

Old 11-14-2015, 12:51 AM
Correct Dectanes.I must say I really like the look .

Old 11-14-2015, 03:50 AM
So I'm almost complete with the interior upgrade. I am just waiting for my door cards to come back from being re-trimmed, and I will add another update as I'll be able to get some nice photos.

The interior has been transformed now and it looks and feels like a different car. I've already been snapping with my camera so I thought I'd add a teaser photo...

Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM
francogrtt is on a distinguished road
horn failure with gt3.2 steering wheel

isysman dear, I congratulate you for the great work on your car. I tried to change the wheel of my carrera 4s Gen.1 with one of a GT3 GEN.2 but the horn is not working. can you give me some information to solve the problem? Best regards.
FRANCOGRTT

Old 11-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by francogrtt
isysman dear, I congratulate you for the great work on your car. I tried to change the wheel of my carrera 4s Gen.1 with one of a GT3 GEN.2 but the horn is not working. can you give me some information to solve the problem? Best regards.
FRANCOGRTT
Thanks. I believe you have to activate the multifunction controls for the wheel in PIWIS even though you don't have a multi function wheel. I never had an issue with the horn, but that's because I had a multifunction wheel on it originally which I replaced with my gen.2 wheel. So it seems that's the case.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:17 AM
atomicfan is on a distinguished road
If i want to convert a gt2 to led headlights i can use dectane or if i want the original porsche ones i need to buy the gt2rs bumper or?

Do i need other things or only the gt2rs bumper?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...