997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...

Old 07-20-2015, 04:58 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...

So I started posting these posts in someone else's thread but I decided to make my own thread so people can follow my progress. Feedback would be useful.

I'm currently doing a Turbo to GT2RS conversion but I'm using genuine parts. It's massivley expensive, much more than I anticipated even after doing plenty of numbers before I started. I've had the car over 2 years and already spent about £15,000 (so about $23,000). And I'd say I'm only about a third the way through! I did get diverted by getting the power up to about 600hp.

Most recently just did the rear end, all genuine OEM parts used.

First job was a centre lock conversion, and car fitted with GT2RS wheels.
Gen.2 Steering wheel from GT3 in alcatara,
Lowered 15mm with TechArt springs and GT2RS side skirts fitted
Engine mods Kline Innovation exhaust, GT2RS intercoolers, BMC filter, remap
Rear GT2RS rear bumper with carbon trim, GT2RS intercooler ducting and frames
LED rear light upgrade
Exhaust exit pipes modified to fit new bumper
GT2RS titanium tailpipes

As the car is tuck away for the winter I've started on the interior. I have ordered carpets from Porsche for rear seat delete. All trim for seatbelt deletes and lower quarters etc. alcantara gearstick, console cover, carbon centre console. After winter the next thing will be front end conversion.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:59 AM
isysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond reputeisysman has a reputation beyond repute
Thought I'd make a quick update to this thread in case anyone is still interested.

Started doing the interior of my car over the winter as the car is basically off the road during this time. Started with the rear seat delete. As with all parts of this conversion I wanted to do it properly, so I ordered full rear carpet set from Porsche. This was made to order to took two months to arrive from Germany. I bought Trim panels such as rear quarter and A Pillar panels from a GT3RS on ebay and I did removed the old seats and carpet and fitted the new interior parts myself.

As with al these conversions, there are for more parts you need then you would expect. Rear seat delete (done properly) is not just a case of taking out the rear seats!

Original interior

Stripped old parts

Rear completely stripped

Completed rear conversion

Front interior conversion

The car started off as a standard 997 Turbo with some options, aluminium gearstick and handbrake lever, aluminium look finish on PCM unit. I want to make it the same as the GT2RS. Not easy when you consider it was a Gen.2 car with PCM 3 and black AC and PSM button controls. Also Gen.1 steering wheel and airbag and white clusters

Original look

Gen.2 steering wheel upgrade (fitted it myself)

Alcantara gearstick from Suncoast

Custom made cluster face plates (with RS rather than GT2)

Carbon parts

Lower trim panels stripped of leather ready for alcantara re-trim

AC controller form 2009 997 Turbo (gen.1 car with gen.2 controls and PCM)

New Amp and wiring for conversion of PCM

New PCM bought form US (removed from new car)

All new parts for centre area

Other parts for PCM retro fit and iPod/USB control in centre console

Handbrake removed and re-trimmed in alcantara

Interior sripped out ready for PCM retrofit and trim upgrade. Instrument cluster sent off to have new dials fitted, steering wheel sent to be re-trimmed in Alcantara with yellow stripe

Frunk stripped out for Amp rewire and replacement

Microphones changed for Bluetooth phone

Frunk, new amp fitted and SatNav and DVD multi disc player removed. Carpet replaced

Handbrake finished in Alcantara

AC controller and PSM button stripe being tested

PCM installed after extensive re-wiring

Lower trim pieces fitted and carbon parts fitted

Steering wheel fitted and RS instrument cluster and black sport chrono dial

Lower trim and carbon cup holders fitted

PCM 3 and all black centre fittings in place

iPod adapter fitted in centre console

RS cluster fitted (needs yellow needles)

Completed interior

Well not quite completed. I plan on getting a carbon centre console, carbon centre and side interior air vents and carbon folding bucket seats eventually.

On the exterior I bought the carbon Air vents for the intercoolers which make the car look much more aggressive in my opinion.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Most recent update is the rear wiper and rear glass replacement. I wanted it removed as it spoils the lines of the car in my opinion and it was not an option on the GT2RS. Why? Because it was not possibly to fit a wiper as the rear screen was not glass but constructed from polycarbonate. Along with the rear side windows they were constructed from this ultra lightweight material purely to save weight. The downside to this is it gives absolutely no soundproofing capabilities at all. It's also extremely expensive.

I had fitted a standard 997 Turbo glass.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
That is a very impressive build, which I am sure requires a huge amount of patience, dedication and £!

Goodluck to you Sir and keep us posted!

Old 07-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+1 Very nice! Cheers to your hard work and authenticity!

It will be awesome

Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
this is pretty boss. the radio retrofit is a nice mod too. do you have all the features working?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Great work here, looks really nice!

Dzenno@PTF

Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 PM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
Extremely impressive !
Good luck with this unique car !!

Old 07-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Bigbossr35 is a jewel in the roughBigbossr35 is a jewel in the roughBigbossr35 is a jewel in the roughBigbossr35 is a jewel in the rough
really impressive. .. good job sir .
I just have small question regarding the screen. from where and how much it cost u and do all NAV/USB/AUX works ?

Old 07-20-2015, 03:20 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how you have the stomach for this, but you have great taste! Nothing better than OEM parts, looking forward to the finished result.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by AC/911's
I'm looking to GT2 style Tips
To fit which bumper?

Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by Bigbossr35
really impressive. .. good job sir .
I just have small question regarding the screen. from where and how much it cost u and do all NAV/USB/AUX works ?
It's not easy doing that retrofit. It's a massive job and you'd need to be electronically minded. There is a thread on here about it. I'll paste in the link below, but it's a massive thread. It's not cheap either, you need a PCM unit, an amp, the AC controls, cabling and if you are doing it properly, replacement carpet for frunk. Yes everything works as it should. But you need to buy activation codes for each thing. So Nav, iPod, Bluetooth etc. then have them installed by Porsche using piwis. When you first install the equipment everything works for a few days but once the unit tries to communicate with the car and sees the VIN number is different the various function will lock themselves out and so you need codes created from your VIN.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sion-done.html

Last edited by isysman; 07-21-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by AC/911's
Stock 2010 TT
Huh?

Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM
ET777 is on a distinguished road
Amazing job mate !

Old 07-23-2015, 08:03 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks good mate any plans for the front end ,like bumper ,cf hood or cf fenders in for a penny in for a pound.

Last edited by twturbo; 07-25-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Inspired 997 Turbo build...