997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 Turbo Prices same as it was in 2011?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:52 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TripleNet Who in their right mind wants tip for a sports car ? maybe some 20 year old - but that's not the typical buyer for a 997 tt

Exactly.
Well...I would for one....Guess it depends on what you are looking for. I have a modified Tip and put new semi-solid motor and transmission mounts and can smoke any 6MT.....I guess if you just like to shift a car, and/or like do it around a track...a manual would be the way to go.

When I want to shift...I have a modified Boxster S 6 Speed short shifter option that is very fun to drive.

To each his own....

DC

Old 08-01-2015, 02:31 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by therock88
Well...I would for one....Guess it depends on what you are looking for. I have a modified Tip and put new semi-solid motor and transmission mounts and can smoke any 6MT.....I guess if you just like to shift a car, and/or like do it around a track...a manual would be the way to go.

When I want to shift...I have a modified Boxster S 6 Speed short shifter option that is very fun to drive.

To each his own....

DC
for sure - didn't mean to come off sounding like an *** ... I should have said- that I personally find no enjoyment driving an automatic for my weekend/sports car... I really enjoy rowing gears and paddle shifters simply just don't do it for me

Old 08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TripleNet
for sure - didn't mean to come off sounding like an *** ... I should have said- that I personally find no enjoyment driving an automatic for my weekend/sports car... I really enjoy rowing gears and paddle shifters simply just don't do it for me
No offense taken...Just a different perspective...

DC

Old 08-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute

To each his own....

DC
Smoke any 6MT? Those are big words...

Old 08-02-2015, 09:37 AM
D@S_turbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ms4cd
Smoke any 6MT? Those are big words...
of the line im sure he's right.. 1st gear is longer on tips too last i checked.. after 60mph it'll come down to raw power

Old 08-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by D@S_turbo
of the line im sure he's right.. 1st gear is longer on tips too last i checked.. after 60mph it'll come down to raw power
Agreed.....And I think I have both! Also, like I said...nothing against 6MT...Just no way to row through them as fast as I can hit a button...AND I do not have to get off of boost while I shift...boost stays up through the gear changes...

And as you said....If someone comes along with a 2000 HP or something...of course they would eventually blow by me....That is a given...Even a Prius may pass me evenntually if the race is long enough and I run out of gas...haha

This is more of just a different perspective from those that say things like "who would get an automatic sports car", or "no one would want a Tip", or "6MT is the only way to go"....There are always pluses an minuses to every scenario...

Good discussion...
DC

Old 08-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Agreed.....And I think I have both! Also, like I said...nothing against 6MT...Just no way to row through them as fast as I can hit a button...AND I do not have to get off of boost while I shift...boost stays up through the gear changes...

And as you said....If someone comes along with a 2000 HP or something...of course they would eventually blow by me....That is a given...Even a Prius may pass me evenntually if the race is long enough and I run out of gas...haha

This is more of just a different perspective from those that say things like "who would get an automatic sports car", or "no one would want a Tip", or "6MT is the only way to go"....There are always pluses an minuses to every scenario...

Good discussion...
DC
What's your setup?

Old 08-02-2015, 02:58 PM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
So there's a 2007 Porsche Turbo black/black w/ 36,000 miles with no accidents and CPO for an asking price of $60,500. That sounds more like what it SHOULD be for an 07.
Too bad it's Tiptronic
I should just buy it and flip it lol.

On the manual vs. auto convo: I drove a bunch of Porsches at the World Road Show yesterday- all PDK. I even won Bose headphones for setting the fastest time in the Panamera GTS timed Autocross event
Anyway I drove the 911 GTS around the track in Sport Plus using the paddle shifters....Wow! That is an amazing car! I would be more than happy with one (in manual ). But I can think of many other (used) Porsches I can have for much less than the base price of $120,000! PDK was fun around the track, especially since I could drive it quickly! But of course I would still prefer rowing gears as being able to heel-toe rev match is very rewarding.

My search continues...

Old 08-02-2015, 03:03 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
997.1 Turbo Prices same as it was in 2011?!

Good discussion...
DC
DC
I have no doubt your car is well set up as you've written enough DIY to have a decent set up pending you performed some mods while doing the DIYs. With that being said whats a monster tip run like? Do you have any pbox runs or a verbal time is good enough for me.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by D@S_turbo
What's your setup?
Lots of the usual stuff...Mine is a Basalt Black Metallic, with Black interior 997.1 Mezger. Tune, HJS 200 Cell Cats, Maxflo 3 Exhaust, Schnell Headers, 997.2 GT2RS IC's. Do88 Siicone inlet ducts, RSS motor mounts and transmission mounts, and a host of other various items....And I am always tinkering and adding more...

A front and rear pic for you below...Ignore my teenage daughter's Ford Edge in the second picture...I usually don't let her park it that close to mine

DC

Old 08-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Good looking car. I just prefer the rowing. The PDK I like as its quit a bot more advanced than the tip. But still would rather row. Very good looking car either way.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
Good looking car. I just prefer the rowing. The PDK I like as its quit a bot more advanced than the tip. But still would rather row. Very good looking car either way.
Thanks! Yes...Nothing against either....and Definitely the PDK is more refined and would smoke my Tip...I lived in New Orleans too long driving in traffic and learned to Hate shifting

Take care,
DC

Old 08-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by roncooper
DC
I have no doubt your car is well set up as you've written enough DIY to have a decent set up pending you performed some mods while doing the DIYs. With that being said whats a monster tip run like? Do you have any pbox runs or a verbal time is good enough for me.
Ha...Thanks buddy! Sorry, I actually have no idea...I have been trying to get to one of the 1/2 mile shootouts and would love to know...I just know when I punch it, it feels like it is trying to pull the seat out from under you and feels like the front wheels are either coming off the ground are close to it

If I find out at some point, I will be sure to let you know...

Take care,
DC

Old 08-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Lots of the usual stuff...Mine is a Basalt Black Metallic, with Black interior 997.1 Mezger. Tune, HJS 200 Cell Cats, Maxflo 3 Exhaust, Schnell Headers, 997.2 GT2RS IC's. Do88 Siicone inlet ducts, RSS motor mounts and transmission mounts, and a host of other various items....And I am always tinkering and adding more...

A front and rear pic for you below...Ignore my teenage daughter's Ford Edge in the second picture...I usually don't let her park it that close to mine

DC

I dunno, fairly certain I'd get the 1/2 mile

Old 10-22-2015, 11:13 AM
MrNurse has a spectacular aura aboutMrNurse has a spectacular aura about
It looks like prices are a little more realistic now. I've seen some 997 Turbos with decent mileage (less than 45,000) going for high $60,000 now. Excellent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Turbo Prices same as it was in 2011?!