997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
DSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to behold
DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Hey guys!

Many of you have anxiously been awaiting the release of the DSC Sport tuning software! It isn't here quite yet, but we are making a lot of progress on the user-friendly version of the software and nearing its release!

In the meantime, we've shot a tutorial video with Mike Levitas demonstrating what you will be able to do with the software. Keep in mind the version of the software you see is the engineering version, not the user friendly version that is currently in development.

We expect you all to have a lot to talk about as we release the software and you all get to try it for yourself. We also expect that you all will want to share and exchange various tuning maps. It is for these reasons that we decided to start a separate discussion thread for the tuning software, aside from the main DSC Sport discussion thread.

Enjoy!

Old 08-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Wow! I can easily see how the hardcore guys are going to love the fine tuning capabilities! Better yet, the rest of us can still enjoy the ability to share files from the guys that will go buck wild with this. Can't wait to see the final version! Will this be a free download for folks that have bought the DSC module? Great stuff guys!

Old 08-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Zero911
Wow! I can easily see how the hardcore guys are going to love the fine tuning capabilities! Better yet, the rest of us can still enjoy the ability to share files from the guys that will go buck wild with this. Can't wait to see the final version! Will this be a free download for folks that have bought the DSC module? Great stuff guys!

We look forward to releasing the user friendly version! This will be a free download that we will make available on the DSC Sport website and we'll also post on here when it is ready to download.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
We look forward to releasing the user friendly version! This will be a free download that we will make available on the DSC Sport website and we'll also post on here when it is ready to download.
Nice!

Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Elfer is on a distinguished road
great, will loving it!!!

my brother is a testdriver for quaddro and lambo, and responsible for the brakes and suspension of the new R8.......we are awaiting this tool, it will be amaizing driving and programming it on the NS

Last edited by Elfer; 08-21-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
this is great news...

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-24-2015, 12:32 AM
Finnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to allFinnegan is a name known to all
Wow! This is going to make a great product even better!

Old 08-24-2015, 11:01 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
This is some phenomenal stuff! I love the DSC on my car and can't wait to get into the details of tuning the suspension. Just got the data acquisition to work this past weekend.

Great job TPC Racing team.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor
DSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to behold
So as we near the release date of the software, I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of names and emails together. This way we can try to get the software out to those who have a keen interest in it as quickly as possible. If you'd like to make sure you're among the first to receive the software, send me a PM with your full name and email address.

Once the software is available I'll send over an email with a direct file or download instructions (we haven't decided exactly how we are going to release it yet), as well as any necessary information/instruction.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Im sure someone else will have this question...

Confirmed with TPC that the box is the same for both the 997.1 and 997.2 turbo models. Includes S and GT2. The cardboard box might have a .1 or .2 sticker but it doesnt matter.

There are also yellow and white dsc boxes. The yellow was just and earlier hardware run and their supplier switched to white. They are the same. That being said if you have a yellow box it might have older software. Hopefully the user upgrade software comes out soon and everyone will get on the same stuff. But yellow or white all still work on turbos.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Elfer is on a distinguished road
is there a release date till now??

thx

Old 12-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Any updates on the release date of the software? And I believe it was mentioned that the software release will also provide a way to upgrade the firmware for us with older versions?

Old 12-05-2015, 05:34 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Ditto. Anxiously waiting. I believe it would be in January sometime, IIRC.

Originally Posted by Zero911
Any updates on the release date of the software? And I believe it was mentioned that the software release will also provide a way to upgrade the firmware for us with older versions?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
We have been developing a new website for DSC Sport and will have the software on there for those that did not sign up for the early release. The website should be up sometime this week though, so be sure to check www.dscsport.com frequently!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yogi911
Im sure someone else will have this question...

Confirmed with TPC that the box is the same for both the 997.1 and 997.2 turbo models. Includes S and GT2. The cardboard box might have a .1 or .2 sticker but it doesnt matter.

There are also yellow and white dsc boxes. The yellow was just and earlier hardware run and their supplier switched to white. They are the same. That being said if you have a yellow box it might have older software. Hopefully the user upgrade software comes out soon and everyone will get on the same stuff. But yellow or white all still work on turbos.
I recently purchased a "yellow" DSC from a forum member who used it on a 997.2 Carrera S. I verified with Tom at TPC that this will also work on my 997.1TT.

I am sure it has the older firmware (3 settings vs. 2) but I don't think the software has been much updated since late 2014? In any case, I'll probably install it and see how I like things before updating the firmware (assuming this is easy) to the new 2 setting version.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread