997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 TT Engine build Requirements

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Banned
Thunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond reputeThunder915 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
We have everything you need for a top and bottom end to produce and support 1800hp+. For those builds, we built a 4.0L bottom end. It includes a billet crank, custom Carrillo rod, custom piston, custom wrist pin, a couple options for ring packs, and drop-in ductile iron liners. We then offer main studs, 12mm head studs, and the proper head gaskets. Finally, there is some case prep and a few other internal goodies to support and help make the power. It's all parts that have been built, tested, rebuilt, and proven reliable to 1800whp and well past 8000rpm.

On the top end, we have a top end package that includes CnC ported cylinder heads, big valves, big springs, and a solid lifter conversion including cams.

Everything you need to break 215mph 1/2mi and well beyond that.

Contact us if we can assist, I can put you in touch with John Bray.
The 12mm studs need case work ?

Old 08-25-2015, 04:55 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Thunder915
You just have to bore/tap the case for the added thickness. Sean (itguy) will be releasing a kit the end of this month (I believe) to do just that. I believe it's on the 1st page of this thread.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Thunder915
The case needs to be drilled and thread inserts installed. You also need to clearance the cylinders, liners (depending on which ones you use), and heads for the larger studs. That said, they're proven to over 1500wtq at this point without issue...

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-25-2015, 05:53 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
The case needs to be drilled and thread inserts installed. You also need to clearance the cylinders, liners (depending on which ones you use), and heads for the larger studs. That said, they're proven to over 1500wtq at this point without issue...

That's great news.... and that is with no o-rings, correct?

Old 08-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vr6tee
That's great news.... and that is with no o-rings, correct?
That is correct. We use our high strength head gaskets. They're slightly thicker than stock and come sized for the 102mm bores. Compression ratio is 9.0:1, even on Anthony's car I believe.

Sam

Old 08-25-2015, 06:00 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
That is correct. We use our high strength head gaskets. They're slightly thicker than stock and come sized for the 102mm bores. Compression ratio is 9.0:1, even on Anthony's car I believe.

Sam
That's great! Thank you for taking the time to comment on this thread. EvoMS is the leader in making HP on these platforms and your comments will save guys years of headaches and a lot of $ to do it right the first time. Are these the hellfire gaskets listed on your website? 9.0:1 to exactly where I want to be.

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2015, 06:01 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
That's great! Thank you for taking the time to comment on this thread. EvoMS is the leader in making HP on these platforms and your comments will save guys years of headaches and a lot of $ to do it right the first time. Are these the hellfire gaskets listed on your website? 9.0:1 to exactly where I want to be.

Thanks!
http://www.evoms.com/Porsche_Turbo_H...enghg996tt.htm

Old 08-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Link is the same when you get to it from the 997.1 section.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 PM
Basic Sponsor

Thanks!
Yep, see the link dhahlen posted for some general info. Contact us to purchase those (and anything else), as there are a few other options than listed on the site to make sure you get the right spec for your build/usage/level.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Yep, see the link dhahlen posted for some general info. Contact us to purchase those (and anything else), as there are a few other options than listed on the site to make sure you get the right spec for your build/usage/level.
Perfect, those are the gaskets I'll grab.

One more question...... I'm going to put for this "general guideline" that the pauter and carrillo OFS rods will be a good replacement up to 1200 hp, I think the stronger carrillo rods are rated at a max of 1600 hp. Do you guys offer a rod for 2000 hp? I believe the Undercover 300M ones fall into that category, but I'm sure you guys offer some too.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Basic Sponsor

One more question...... I'm going to put for this "general guideline" that the pauter and carrillo OFS rods will be a good replacement up to 1200 hp, I think the stronger carrillo rods are rated at a max of 1600 hp. Do you guys offer a rod for 2000 hp? I believe the Undercover 300M ones fall into that category, but I'm sure you guys offer some too.
There are three different series rods we refer to internally depending on the build being done. 'Version 1' is meant as a drop-in rod for up to 900-1000hp. 'Version 2' uses a different design spec and different hardware, and is meant for your 3.8L stock crank and piston geometry builds up to 1500hp. 'Version 3' is bomb-proof in terms of design, material, and hardware, and has so far been made only in 4.0L geometry. We also have a few different wrist pins we use as well, with the high end being a thick wall, tool steel wrist pin.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:22 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !

Hey VR, where are you getting the work done on your car? I'm trying to figure out who to trust for an engine build in Canada if and when I decide or need to do anything more. thanks.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hey VR, where are you getting the work done on your car? I'm trying to figure out who to trust for an engine build in Canada if and when I decide or need to do anything more. thanks.
I haven't figured that out yet. I have a machine shop in Edmonton that I've used for a long time that I really trust but I'm hoping to find someone in Calgary. I'm going through the struggle in my mind of local vs a proven Mezger builder like EvoMS. If they were in the same country it would be a no brainer, but when you combine the dollar, shipping etc. I'm hoping to stick closer. I'm not sure if western Canada is any better for you than the USA but I'll pass along a few names when I dig a bit more.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:48 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I haven't figured that out yet. I have a machine shop in Edmonton that I've used for a long time that I really trust but I'm hoping to find someone in Calgary. I'm going through the struggle in my mind of local vs a proven Mezger builder like EvoMS. If they were in the same country it would be a no brainer, but when you combine the dollar, shipping etc. I'm hoping to stick closer. I'm not sure if western Canada is any better for you than the USA but I'll pass along a few names when I dig a bit more.
ok thanks. I'm in Ontario. Western Canada would be better because no cross-border issues etc...

Old 08-26-2015, 07:45 PM
itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !itguy Is a GOD !
Posted in the 996 section, figured i'd share here too, the tool we made with the 12mm next to the 10mm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT Engine build Requirements