997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just another TPC DSC review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Just another TPC DSC review...

I know there have been quite a few but figured i could pass on my observation. Most of my driving has been setting 1 soft setting. Havent gotten to do good twisties yet.

1. You dont have to pull back carpet or anything to install. Hardest part is getting it back into clip correctly.

So overall if i lived where there were really bad roads, or if i used my car daily i would go back to stock. However i am not in either of these positions so i will keep it.

Setting 1 soft setting feels about 25% stiffer than the stock soft setting. Bumps and road imperfections are more noticeable. They get absorbed just not with the same gel feeling of stock. It is more of a thud. That being said the car is more composed over them. I would compare it to how my z06 used to feel IIRC.

I feel in setting 1 there is still a little floatiness but better than stock. And on wet road the other day i got slight wheel hop but MUCH better than stock.

Where i have noticed the some change is the car is flatter in the turns and during lane changes. It feels more sport car like for sure. The BIGGEST thing i have noticed that is better is if you hit a bump or road imperfection in the middle of a turn. It really helps take away some of that rear engine bobble if you will. Much more composed and this is the biggest reason i am keeping it.

Excited to experiment with setting 2 and 3 more and do some more fun runs.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
I wonder if a good passive set up and ditching PASM is the way to go?

Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 PM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. I actually found DSC mode 1 more comfortable and compliant than stock (non-sport mode). I use modes 2 and 3 most of the time and mode 1 only when cruising on our choppy freeways.

Also bear in mind that stock vs DSC comparisons differ between the .1 and .2 due to their overall suspension differences. I have a .1

Old 11-05-2015, 01:32 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
first time I've hear that setting 1 is more firm than stock. Can anyone confirm this on a 997.1? I was thinking of getting this for the single purpose of more comfort on rough roads.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by campbellcj
Interesting. I actually found DSC mode 1 more comfortable and compliant than stock (non-sport mode). I use modes 2 and 3 most of the time and mode 1 only when cruising on our choppy freeways.

Also bear in mind that stock vs DSC comparisons differ between the .1 and .2 due to their overall suspension differences. I have a .1
yea me too, OP I bought this unit because i wanted to use the TTS more and more, not daily but weekly basis, stock was unacceptable, i wanted to sell the car to be honest, with the DSC module it is night and day difference for putting around town in setting 1 vs 'normal' mode on the car. The module has made the car, for me, a keeper for now at least, its amazing how different it feels in every situation.

cheers

Old 11-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
sounds like it may be faulty in that case?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by soacyeuopar
I use modes 2 and 3 most of the time and mode 1 only when cruising on our choppy freeways.
same. i prefer mode 2 on mine.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 11-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by 9e 28
sounds like it may be faulty in that case?
No i dont think so. It feels pretty good. Just more firm than stock was...but not painstakingly so.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:53 AM
997Turbo_Mike is on a distinguished road
Just want to let folks know that the customer service at TPC is absolutely great! Just in case someone doesn't read to the end - it was my fault. I got my DSC unit, installed it and my car road as hard as a rock; obviously something wrong. Talked with Tom and he sent out another unit immediately, same thing, hard as a rock. Talked to Tom back and forth trying to figure out what was going wrong, sent units back and forth for diagnostics. Units were showing all four shocks with open circuits, highly unlikely. Ran a Durametric check, no fault codes. Finally took it to my shop (Cantech in Syracuse New York, who are great as well). With their equipment they found a PASM communication error code and cleared it. Interesting that the Durametric did not pick up the error code and the stock PASM worked fine yet the DSC unit picked up the error code and went into default mode. Anyway cleared the error code installed another DSC unit that TPC sent out and everything worked perfectly. Additionally I got the programing software from TPC. Wow, it is great!!! I very easily softened up 'normal' mode (setting 1) and left sport and track the same. My wife now likes riding in the car. Bad stretches of highway don't pound the car. So for those of you that find even setting 1 too hard for your honey with the software you can easily adjust this. The DSC unit with software is an absolutely great product, add the great customer service of TPC and you can't lose.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Marked difference for the street no doubt. I just bought a unit, but have now decided to start tracking the car a lot, so making the move to coilovers. Going to part with one with ~150 miles on it. PM me if interested.

Old 11-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Will be posting my new unit for sale this evening. I have the newest version with no blinking light and two modes with the expanded ranges. PM me or wait til I post in the classified section.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:47 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
Will be posting my new unit for sale this evening. I have the newest version with no blinking light and two modes with the expanded ranges. PM me or wait til I post in the classified section.
Hold on a second, I bought mine three weeks ago and I have the blinking lights. What is this you say... new unit with no blinking lights?

Old 11-22-2015, 01:48 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
This was a new replacement unit for a faulty one. The new version has two settings, it operates with the on dash sport mode and yes, no blinking light

Old 11-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Hold on a second, I bought mine three weeks ago and I have the blinking lights. What is this you say... new unit with no blinking lights?
There have been some posts on this. Tpc is going to release some user programable software shortly and you can upgrade to the new firmware (2 settings) if you want.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:23 AM
pretzel is on a distinguished road
Well, took my DSC module out so that the car can get shocks replaced with OEM PASM setup....not supposed to be a problem leaving the module in, but never know with the dealer.

I have been driving around the last few days in regular mode......feels like a big old station wagon now going round corners, lots of body lean and back to porpoising on roads where I felt planted even in mode 1 for the past two years. Sport mode drives like a brick....very solid but not even close to doable on the roads round here.

Cannot wait to get the box back in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just another TPC DSC review...