997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo with 20" 991 Turbo Centerlock Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 01:32 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by azweepay
So, the GMG wheels are 19x9 front and 19x12 rear. They do have the perfect offset for flushness. Do you know what offset those are? Oh, and what size tires do they recommend?
Sorry I didn't get the offset. But the recommended tires are 245 35 19 F and 325 30 19 R. Meaty for sure!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:20 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Sorry I didn't get the offset. But the recommended tires are 245 35 19 F and 325 30 19 R. Meaty for sure!
Likely et 50 front and 45 rear. I'm curious as well.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotom
Likely et 50 front and 45 rear. I'm curious as well.

I can ask them when they get back to me on a price.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by akunob
Go P101's...I'm in the same situation but I am leaning towards 20" BBS F1-Rs
Those would look insane...but after finding out I have a $10grand bill coming shortly for my rear brakes, I'm giving up on spending another $10grand on 20" P101/FI's.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:01 AM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Ok I've never understood the offset so help please. The rear 997.2 is 11" ET 51 and the rear 991 is 11" ET 59. So what does the additional +8mm offset mean? And then you mention the GT3 wheel which is 12" vs 11" and ET 47. So it's one inch wider in the rear and offset is -4mm. How does that combination translate? Sorry for the dumb questions Chris thanks for the help.

Offset is a measurement of how far from the centerline towards the face of the wheel the mounting surface is. 59mm offset means it's 59mm closer to the face of the wheel. The higher the number, the further the wheel moves in towards the center of the car.

For fitment, I'm running the 997 GT2 sizes on my turbo now.

19x9 et48 / 19x12 et47 with 235/35r19 / 305/30r19. The 245/325 should fit as well but you may run into some inner fender liner clearance issues on the rear. (it's just going to touch and wear through the plastic, not a huge deal, nothing hard rubs)

Old 11-22-2015, 08:54 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Thanks that guide did help a little, but I still don't know whether the 991 would ultimately fit or now. However a vendor here has PM'd me and graciously volunteered to let me try on a set to see if they fit. Regardless of whether they fit or not, I'll take pics and post for everyone to see for themselves.
Looking forward to your updates here to find out if the 991 20 CLs fit. I have been thinking about it as well.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Looking forward to your updates here to find out if the 991 20 CLs fit. I have been thinking about it as well.
check out the first post of this thread on page 1. I updated with pics. Unfortunately they do not fit very well as the rear wheel offset makes the wheels sink in too far in the fender and for the front it sits flush. Oh well.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:04 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Yep, they will be in too far. Out of my own curiosity I checked. Weird, but the turbo wheels have offsets of 56 and the GTS wheels have offsets of 52. So the GTS wheels should work, but won't be very aggressive and the turbo wheels could work if they don't create inboard clearance issues. Neither will have a very aggressive look and you can't fix it with spacers.
Yep. The GTS wheels might be a little better. But still won't be aggressive.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:12 PM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
thanks for posting those pics. initially they look great, but agree with the rear offset. a bit too tucked. damn was hoping those would be a solid fit.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:04 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
check out the first post of this thread on page 1. I updated with pics. Unfortunately they do not fit very well as the rear wheel offset makes the wheels sink in too far in the fender and for the front it sits flush. Oh well.
That stinks. Are you going with different 20s?

Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
That stinks. Are you going with different 20s?
Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I really like those 19" red wheels that I also posted in this thread. They fill out the wheel well nicely and would allow me to run wider 19" tires. But I'd have to repaint them.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I really like those 19" red wheels that I also posted in this thread. They fill out the wheel well nicely and would allow me to run wider 19" tires. But I'd have to repaint them.

I like those GMG wheels on your car as well!

I think painting them dark grey/charcoal would look sick on your car! I just fine black wheels disappear and you can't see the beauty / nuances of the wheel.

GMG pending price seams like the way to go!

Old 11-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Have a look at BBS F1 R

They're available in CL and 12 and 9 inch too. HRE P101 very nice too. Not too sure about the GMG TBH - something a bit awkward about them

Old 11-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
Have a look at BBS F1 R

They're available in CL and 12 and 9 inch too. HRE P101 very nice too. Not too sure about the GMG TBH - something a bit awkward about them

100% AGREED if money is not an option, the above are THE wheels, but he just said he is paying a 10k bill for rear brakes. If he can pick up the GMG's for a song (compared to BBS/HRE) that seams to be reasonable compromise.

There is a set of 5bolt BBS F1'S for sale for $6000 in the FS section that I with out hesitation would of picked up if I didn't just put out ALOT of $$ for a PP/Techart body kit and complete paint job this year!!

Old 11-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
GMG also let me try these which they are selling. They are a GMG 19" light track wheel 9" front and 12" rear and they fit perfect. Not sure about the color but the fitment is perfect.
Me like it...it's different. I would do the black centerlocks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo with 20" 991 Turbo Centerlock Wheels?