997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbo hydraulic wing failure

Old 11-28-2015, 06:14 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nzskater
Can you not code it out?
Yep...If you have a Durametric Pro, you have a few options related to the coding and/or not raising/lowering or error messages.

I have played around with that a few times. Pretty straight forward...

DC

Old 11-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
Hey guys, thanks for the props! Rob knows we are getting close to a solution for the 997 turbo. Compared to what could be $pent (post 1 is outrageous) for a known failure prone hydraulic system, the electric ram option makes the most sense. In fact the 4" eRam kit is in demand. Note that factory extended height is only 2.4" for the coupe. It is amazing that 997TT's that are only 8 years old are experiencing hydraulic system failure, let alone the ones that have failed already. The OEM hydraulics were designed as a closed system - not set up to bleed or refill, some parts cannot be disassembled for rebuild! Failure is virtually guaranteed due to the location above the hot engine. I can report that dozens of 996 TT owners are quite pleased with their investment in eRams. Some bought the kit as insurance - to prevent the risk of corrosive Pentosin spraying down the engine and back bumper. Another other option I can provide is the "eBox", electronics that prevent the spoiler warning for cars converted to a fixed wing like the GT2, etc.
Anyone interested in learning more can PM me or email me at djcooper@rennkit.com
Question...will your kit extend more than the stock part?

Thanks,

Manuel

Old 11-29-2015, 08:48 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
when I've had a spoiler failure I refill the system with "Lucas power steering stop leak" fluid.Took me about 2 hours of work and that was it all good.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
What's this all about? Manually control the height? Eliminates the hydraulic pumps?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-997T...bmodel%3ATurbo

Old 11-30-2015, 01:14 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhSoCal
What's this all about? Manually control the height? Eliminates the hydraulic pumps? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-997T...bmodel%3ATurbo
$150 threaded rod with stop nuts. You have to tear into your stock system, basically install the threaded rods into the guts of the hydraulic Rams.

NSRect: {{-56, -56}, {197, 191}}

Old 11-30-2015, 01:17 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
Question...will your kit extend more than the stock part? Thanks, Manuel
hi Manuel, yes it can, I have 2", 3" and 4" eRam kits available. The 2" is closest to coupe stock height, the 3" closest to cabrio. Lots of guys buying 4" to get the wing up into cleaner air, and they like how it looks.

<CPLRUDictionaryNode: 0x15f8a610>

Old 12-11-2015, 04:47 AM
Here is the 997 turbo eRam prototype kit. Sent out this week to my friend Rob for test fitment. Fingers crossed!!

Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2016, 06:41 AM
997 TT eRam Kit is READY!

Finally the 997 TT eRam kit is READY! It took a long time and there were some design challenges along the way, but with the dedicated and generous help of a forum member from Oklahoma, WE DID IT! I'm so proud of this kit. It is a true upgrade from the 996TT kit. Here is a sneak peek: http://rennkit.com/product-info/997-turbo-eram-kit-2/
Now I need some beta testers. I will offer a one time discount for owners to install the eRam kit in exchange for pictures, feedback, suggestions on improvements, etc. Let me know if you are interested.

Attached Images   
Old 01-09-2016, 08:43 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
How long is the install process and how invasive is the procedure?

Old 01-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by acf
How long is the install process and how invasive is the procedure?
Briefly, under 2 hours with normal hand tools, easy access, simple wiring hook up. The whole hydro-electric system is first removed, then the eRam kit is bolted on. No cutting, drilling, sawing, modifications, etc. You can read more details at my website.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:03 PM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great kit. Dave has spent a lot of time refining it with a lot of back and forth making sure that things fit properly. What I like is that the E-Ram design keeps all of the OEM functionality without worrying about leaks. The construction and parts used are top grade, you can tell there was a lot of thought behind longevity and simplicity in mind.

I have sent a lot of photo's and instructions to Dave on what it took to install the system. I would have to say that from start to finish, even being very detailed and picky, it should take no more than 2 hours or less once things are more refined.

To sum things up, I do not make any type of profit on these kits. My car only has 22k miles and never had any issues with my OEM hydraulics failing or leaking. What I saw was someone very passionate about the 996/997 turbo platform, and I wanted to help out. Dave doesn't mess around with something unless it is being done right, and I appreciate that.

If anyone is thinking about Beta Testing this kit, I wouldn't hesitate. To me I consider this an investment much like the coolant pipe fix.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
Briefly, under 2 hours with normal hand tools, easy access, simple wiring hook up. The whole hydro-electric system is first removed, then the eRam kit is bolted on. No cutting, drilling, sawing, modifications, etc. You can read more details at my website.
pm sent

Old 01-11-2016, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by slawek
pm sent
I guess signatures are not visible on an iPad, etc. you can get much more detail here www.rennkit.com

<TTButtonContent: 0x1665f3b0>

Old 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by franck997
My wing is not move up and down and I saw the red fluid coming out from the hydraulic, the brand new cost me 7000usd just the parts and see this is a common problem for turbo owners anyone experience this? How to save money by fixing it?
gt2 wing. Absolutely transforms the car.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:13 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
The GT2 wing definitely looks amazing. However how does your suspension cope with the added down force?

Do you track the car?

Have you tuned your suspension to compensate?

Are there any negatives to the gt2 wing?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbo hydraulic wing failure