997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgrading stock to 700+ HP

Old 11-27-2015, 04:50 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
Your cars a sleeping giant matey. Get some Xonas !!!!

Yes I know bro, but the new car has got me enticed.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:51 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Companies are in the business of selling tunes so HP figures get thrown around. The higher the better.
I've never even seen an Vtg 65 or 63.5 mm compressor made 600 whp on pump gas. Not even on meth and that's with 5" Ics , 3" exhaust , y pipe , intake piping and even on ms 109 with race gas file. 560 Awd mustard. Mind you a stock one is 386 Awd on a mustang.
The gt2 hybrid route is a different animal but it also costs probably $12k just for the turbos with the upgrade.
I've seen independent dynos from 3 tops tuners with all these both ons including mine of course. In the end , the true hp numbers were a lot less less then marketed. The Vtg compressors side is tiny. Ido what you put on the front end. If the turbine can't support it your not going to make power. Everyone behind the scenes knows this.
I've seen logs too. 1.45 bar with 18 deg timing in mid range. Still never hit 600 whp. Unless someone has some magical sauce, it's not going to happen.
I'm not getting in dyno wars. In the end it's about performance. The black dyno that is.
Markski

This is so true!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by gtrnick
yes i know bro, but the new car has got me enticed. :d
gt4?!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:53 PM
gt4?!

Nope.

I got something oldschool Jap and I love it.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/406625-so...y-r34-gtr.html

But lets not make this thread about me

Old 11-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
FS-700 Supersport , 775BLITZKRIEG Package, EVT 750/EVT 775R ,750R

All VTG kits with BS HP numbers - its all so misleading and many people fall for the hype.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:58 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Nope.

I got something oldschool Jap and I love it.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/406625-so...y-r34-gtr.html

But lets not make this thread about me
Congrats - I love them!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:58 PM
FS-700 Supersport , 775BLITZKRIEG Package, EVT 750/EVT 775R ,750R

All VTG kits with BS HP numbers - its all so misleading and many people fall for the hype.

Yup but you know how powerful marketing can be!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Congrats - I love them!

Thanks bro. Got some big plans for this one.

Block is good for 1400hp

Old 11-27-2015, 05:08 PM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Very interesting, thank you for all this great info.

So based on that, it looks like it might be possible to take the car from around 560 crank hp with Cobb Stage 2 (and speedtech exhaust) to around 650 crank hp with the rest of the bolt on mods (custom tune, intercoolers, E85 with injectors). Is that correct or am I dreaming?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nick-seattle
Very interesting, thank you for all this great info. So based on that, it looks like it might be possible to take the car from around 560 crank hp with Cobb Stage 2 (and speedtech exhaust) to around 650 crank hp with the rest of the bolt on mods (custom tune, intercoolers, E85 with injectors). Is that correct or am I dreaming?
I think you will be close to that on e85 but i am not an expert.

Coming from a stock tt...I dont think you need anything more than cobb/exhaust/intercoolers. Now if you want to get "wild" injectors for e85 (and of course a sachs 2.5 clutch if 6mt).

I would start there, i think the performance difference from stock will surprise you. While you wait for install i would get the cobb burning asap as it is easy and transforms the car.

IF you get bored you can start looking at turbo swaps. You'll already have the injectors.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Out of all the packages you mentioned the Alpha 9 is by far the best option. Their package is a work of art and has a real turbo upgrade with their Alpha 28/30 that ditches the VTG's!

Get PTF (COBBS tuner) to tune that and you should be north of 700bhp on pump and 900bhp on race/E85!

On a side note a rewheeled VTG can be very potent and is still the best bang for the buck with the supporting mods!!

Hi, I'm starting to think about upgrading my stock 997TT. More power is always fun I don't race my car much (1-2 times a year for fun), so this is for recreational use mostly.

Found these packages:
* Porsche 997 Turbo FS-700 Supersport Turbo Package
* TPC Racing 775BLITZKRIEG Package- 997 Turbo
* EVOMS EVT750/EVT775R Signature Turbo Kit
* Alpha 9
* AWE TUNING 750R PERFORMANCE POWER PACKAGE
* BBI B8 Porsche 997 Power Package

Any experience with these? Any issues? How is durability?

How much aproximately would it cost to install these? I can't do it myself.

-Nick

Old 11-28-2015, 02:38 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Very interesting, thank you for all this great info.

So based on that, it looks like it might be possible to take the car from around 560 crank hp with Cobb Stage 2 (and speedtech exhaust) to around 650 crank hp with the rest of the bolt on mods (custom tune, intercoolers, E85 with injectors). Is that correct or am I dreaming?
In your shoes I wouldn't go beyond an exhaust, tune and GT2 RS intercoolers. Anything beyond this is pushing your stock turbos to their outer limits and simply not worth the risk IMO.

To get to 700bhp swap out VTGS to Alfa or Garrett set up and you'll get there reliably on pump gas.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:13 AM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
There is so much conflicting information out there about the complete kits and statements like these make me pause for a long time - this is from one of the kits:
"DISCLAIMER: Due to the extreme power levels provided by these upgrade kits, Fabspeed Motorsport is not responsible or liable for any damages - to person or property - sustained to or by the upgraded vehicle. All modifications are made at the buyer’s risk."

9e_28, I have read a few posts here that people run E85 with 1000 injectors reliably in their cars, but are you saying that even going that way would push VTGs beyond their limit?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

There is so much conflicting information out there about the complete kits and statements like these make me pause for a long time - this is from one of the kits:
"DISCLAIMER: Due to the extreme power levels provided by these upgrade kits, Fabspeed Motorsport is not responsible or liable for any damages - to person or property - sustained to or by the upgraded vehicle. All modifications are made at the buyer’s risk."

9e_28, I have read a few posts here that people run E85 with 1000 injectors reliably in their cars, but are you saying that even going that way would push VTGs beyond their limit?
You'll also have read a few posts of few people blowing their engines up too then.

If you know what you're doing regularly data log your car its not a problem with E85 and 1000 injectors but if you don't it can lead to catastrophic failures potentially - I wouldn't go nr it unless you know what ur up to and experienced - exhaust, tune and coolers plenty for now - see how you feel after these upgrade and then if you want more power have a look at your options again

Old 11-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
There is lots of info and most of it is correct. It's the grey area, different use, miss-information and strong opinions and that make it hurt the head. Best advise is to select a reputable tuner/dealer and discuss your needs, budget and expectations. There are no guarantees even with just a tune but a good one will stand behind everything A-Z as will the suppliers that work with them. Give you confidence you need. I do and have. Remember it's supposed to fit and be fun. Not Stressful.

Cheers

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 11-28-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading stock to 700+ HP