997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgrading stock to 700+ HP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 10:35 AM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Upgrading stock to 700+ HP

Hi, I'm starting to think about upgrading my stock 997TT. More power is always fun I don't race my car much (1-2 times a year for fun), so this is for recreational use mostly.

Found these packages:
* Porsche 997 Turbo FS-700 Supersport Turbo Package
* TPC Racing 775BLITZKRIEG Package- 997 Turbo
* EVOMS EVT750/EVT775R Signature Turbo Kit
* Alpha 9
* AWE TUNING 750R PERFORMANCE POWER PACKAGE
* BBI B8 Porsche 997 Power Package

Any experience with these? Any issues? How is durability?

How much aproximately would it cost to install these? I can't do it myself.

-Nick

Last edited by nick-seattle; 11-26-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:21 AM
600RWHP is on a distinguished road
Hi there! I've been thinking the same. 997.1 turbo with GIAC chip for the last year. Ready to bump it up subscribed!

Old 11-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi Nick,

The 997.1 Power Kit is pretty easy to install especially with support. The tough install is the clutch and supporting mods that go in at the same time like injectors (if you need em), inlet pipes and maybe coolant fittings. Those are awesome set-ups. If I can help anyone put together a nice kit I am available guys! You will get A-Z support and we can assemble a kit that meets your needs.

600, you can grow from there too!

Cheers

Old 11-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Keep it simple, vtg compressor upgrade, Big Intercoolers, open exhaust,and some custom tuning via datalogs. I'm runing a 50 % OFF special now on all my tuning. You can add the parts later and get the re tuning free of charge- get 5 tunes for 50% off retail. IM very conservative on HP figures, I think it is very hard to make 600 whp on even 93 octane. part of the sucess is installation and diagnostics like boost and vacuum leak tests... I offer al lthat support for fre with my tuning...
good luck,
markski

here is the special...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tt-tuning.html

and here is a link to my kit...
https://markskituning.com/product/stage-4-640680race/

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
OP if you're sticking with VTGS just make sure you go for GT2 (RS) based turbos/hybrids. This will serve you well. Conventional turbos and skys the limit HP wise depending on budget

Old 11-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Nick,
Are you looking for 700 crank or awhp? How will you be using your car mostly? Road course, street, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile? Answering these questions can guide me in suggesting the most optimum setup for your car with our custom tuning.

700 crank can be done with the stock VTGs with just our custom tuning on the Cobb AP, Exhaust, Clutch and an Aquamist methanol kit on the car (~600awhp Mustang AWD dyno) and if you're intending to use the car mostly on the street then this setup would be unbeatable for the bang for the buck on your end.

Our opinion is that 700 awhp and above (Mustang AWD numbers) cannot be done reliably and safely on the stock motor/rods with any of the available VTG upgrades on the market today as the motor will need to push power/boost in midrange to reach those numbers most likely exceeding stock motor internals/rods limits.

In terms of custom tuning with us, we don't enforce any limits to the number of retunes or revisions with you. One time payment for a tune and we are there to help for as long as you need assistance with tuning your setup and we can support either on a dyno in your local area or by doing datalogs on a safe road you may have near by.

We work with customers remotely from all over the World such as this recent one 2 days ago in Australia fitted with an Alpha 9 kit:

AMS Alpha 9 - Custom Tuning

Let me know if any questions at all.

Dzenno@PTF

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 11-26-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Hi Nick,

700 crank can be done with the stock VTGs with just our custom tuning on the Cobb AP, Exhaust and an Aquamist methanol kit on the car (~600awhp Mustang AWD dyno) and if you're intending to use the car mostly on the street then this setup would be unbeatable for the bang for the buck on your end.

Dzenno@PTF
May be for 8 secs on a dyno on a 4th gear pull but no way all the way to 0 - 300kph is that 700hp crank real on stock VTGs. Come on guys - this hype needs to stop. I bet my 640bhp (crank) GT2 hybrid set up would leave your stock VTG set up for dead 0-300kph on any given day. You can't defy the laws of physics with meth or whatever. Peace out

Old 11-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Recommendation was for a street setup and 0-300kph runs are not something that is legal on the street in this part of the World.

I believe we are in agreement and that every car/owner needs to evaluate first and foremost what they'll be using their car for. Once that is established then you'd build accordingly. Otherwise, everyone out there 'needs' 2000hp, yesterday.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 11-26-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:27 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
OP if you're sticking with VTGS just make sure you go for GT2 (RS) based turbos/hybrids. This will serve you well. Conventional turbos and skys the limit HP wise depending on budget

This is some good advice but can be bad advice as well because if you are the kind of person who will want even more power later on then stick with the stock hybrids and change to garretts later on.

Just a thought.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:36 PM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
So my goal is to have around 700 crank with safe mods that wouldn't require engine rebuild - this is for nothing but fun, weekend driving.

It sound like a lot of these kits, will require significan mods in addition to the kits to get to above 700 hp crank.

What would be a safe range for 997TT just with adons without touching the engine?

Here is my current thinking:
* exhaust (leadning towards speedtech or kline)
* intercoolers (leaning towards do88)
* tuning (will continue with Cobb and a custom tune)
* clutch (Sachs 2.5 looks like a reasonable option)
* injectors 1000 (want to be able to run E85)

that should bring the car into 650 hp range and be quite safe for the engine - is that correct or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Nick

Old 11-27-2015, 03:48 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nick-seattle
So my goal is to have around 700 crank with safe mods that wouldn't require engine rebuild - this is for nothing but fun, weekend driving.

It sound like a lot of these kits, will require significan mods in addition to the kits to get to above 700 hp crank.

What would be a safe range for 997TT just with adons without touching the engine?

Here is my current thinking:
* exhaust (leadning towards speedtech or kline)
* intercoolers (leaning towards do88)
* tuning (will continue with Cobb and a custom tune)
* clutch (Sachs 2.5 looks like a reasonable option)
* injectors 1000 (want to be able to run E85)

that should bring the car into 650 hp range and be quite safe for the engine - is that correct or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Nick

Everything looks fine apart from the coolers. I would stick with GT2 RS coolers. Nothing comes close to those unless you spend the money like I did and go aerospace. My opinion ofcourse and proven.

Exhaust I'd go with speedtech over the Kline!!

You could do the DO88 inlet pipes and aquamist but that is about it for bolt ons.

People also use IPD plenums and Y-pipes but I personally never noticed any difference what so ever so I removed them and sent them back.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
This is some good advice but can be bad advice as well because if you are the kind of person who will want even more power later on then stick with the stock hybrids and change to garretts later on.

Just a thought.
OP said he was looking for 700hp and someone chimed in that its possible on stock VTGS. You and me know stock turbos will get you to about 550bhp (crank) whatever you do but I take your point. If you want a reliable 700bhp on pump garrett a good route. Not even GT2 based VTGS will get you there.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by 9e 28
OP said he was looking for 700hp and someone chimed in that its possible on stock VTGS. You and me know stock turbos will get you to about 550bhp (crank) whatever you do but I take your point. If you want a reliable 700bhp on pump garrett a good route. Not even GT2 based VTGS will get you there.

Very true and even with 3.8ltr it wont either

Old 11-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Very true and even with 3.8ltr it wont either
Your cars a sleeping giant matey. Get some Xonas !!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Companies are in the business of selling tunes so HP figures get thrown around. The higher the better.
I've never even seen an Vtg 65 or 63.5 mm compressor made 600 whp on pump gas. Not even on meth and that's with 5" Ics , 3" exhaust , y pipe , intake piping and even on ms 109 with race gas file. 560 Awd mustard. Mind you a stock one is 386 Awd on a mustang.
The gt2 hybrid route is a different animal but it also costs probably $12k just for the turbos with the upgrade.
I've seen independent dynos from 3 tops tuners with all these both ons including mine of course. In the end , the true hp numbers were a lot less less then marketed. The Vtg compressors side is tiny. Ido what you put on the front end. If the turbine can't support it your not going to make power. Everyone behind the scenes knows this.
I've seen logs too. 1.45 bar with 18 deg timing in mid range. Still never hit 600 whp. Unless someone has some magical sauce, it's not going to happen.
I'm not getting in dyno wars. In the end it's about performance. The black dyno that is.
Markski

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading stock to 700+ HP