997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Alcantara lower dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:58 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Just read this article and hats off to you TypeRx. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experience...

Old 02-18-2017, 07:56 AM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
I did this and sourced parts , and the Alcantara on EBay. I paid an installer $150 for the dash panels and $100 for the stereo panels.

If you search on eBay the parts are cheaper if you look for cayman or boxster vs 911. A place in NM, has a ton and remember, color doesn't matter.

I also had the center console done, but went with leather in the long run. It just didn't look right.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:49 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Great advice on sourcing parts from EBay - that is what I did as well. Feel free to buy the funky blue, scratched up lower dash pieces from a wrecked 997 (or in many cases, a 987). Keep your factory pieces for a rainy day.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:54 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
The only add I would make is to exercise some caution if buying the fabric on eBay. Many are actually selling ultra or micro suede rather than genuine Alcantara. Non-genuine stuff may fade due to UV.

Everyone in the US gets their Alcantara from one distributor - Gulf Fabrics. Most orders through retailers are drop shipped by Gulf to you. However, I have found slightly better prices through retailers like Overland Designs and JPM Coachworks.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:33 AM
I used this guy.... he's on eBay but saves you money off eBay

http://www.bmwfabric.com/product-pag...7-e83ac1efee95

But it shows out of stock

Old 02-18-2017, 03:34 PM
I think I conversed with them at one point. He stocked 9002 which is a great match for BMW but I ended up going with 9052 for mine. Also, he sells a yard but 20" wide whereas standard is 53" wide. No worries in the end though -- all good to save a few bucks when possible!

Old 02-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Awesome write up!

I was thinking about covering the horrible interior A-pillars and visors in Alcantara. Judging by how nice the full leather and Alcantara ceiling looks, the pillars and visors sure look like an afterthought. Because the visors probably need sewing, i probably have an upholstery shop do it for me.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:49 PM
droptopturbo is on a distinguished road
Fantastic job! Thanks for posting the detailed instructions!

Old 04-14-2017, 11:57 PM
waizone is on a distinguished road
Great write up. I recently purchased an 07 Gt3 with std interior and wanted to make the interior a bit more special. Purchased some radio surrounds (would like those stitched similar to leather version) and have been watching eBay for lower dash/glove box.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Just remember that many 987 parts are interchangeable with 997 parts, including the lower dash / glovebox pieces. This should help you find a set for cheap on EBay. Go for items with a lot of surface scuffs or less popular colors for less $$ - it will all get covered in the end anyways!

Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Anyone know what this part is called or have part number?

Old 04-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by waizone
Anyone know what this part is called or have part number?

Shifter console /bezel for a manual.

Here is an eBay listing with a part number..

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162035555457

Porsche 997 987 Boxster Cayman Carrera Manual Shifter Center Console Shift Trim

Old 04-16-2017, 06:48 PM
^^thanks. Would look good wrapped in alcantara as well, especially with stitching to line up with shifter boot

Old 04-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I wrapped mine (first in charcoal/9052 and then switched to red)

Old 04-16-2017, 09:27 PM
Rx, would love to see your interior mods. I'm in Encinitas but make it up to OC frequently. Perhaps we can connect some time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alcantara lower dash