997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Were can I get gmg lowering springs from

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:25 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
No scrapes. It's doesn't really lower it by that much . You only worry about possible scrapes if Coilovers were used and are set too low.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:27 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Thats great to hear but bizarre/surprising considering my stock height 997TT scrapes regularly unless you are really careful.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Thats great to hear but bizarre/surprising considering my stock height 997TT scrapes regularly unless you are really careful.
Wow. I guess depends on where you live .

As for DIY, it's normally 3 hours. To clear the shock towers from the fender, I had to loosen the front axle. That was my easiest solution. The rears took me a bit longer due to the sub box removal, it's really straight forward

Old 02-03-2016, 12:44 PM
RugRunner is on a distinguished road
Will do this as well. Pelican has the GMG springs for cheaper than GMG. :::Scratching head::: Is there an even better source than Pelican, which seems to me to be the winner at this point?

Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TypeRx
That's funny I've only slightly scraped my car twice and I live in NYC ...there is a art and talent on how to hit street angles ...hope I don't jinx myself....but I've been lucky on the scrapping part..

Old 02-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by socialpro
Here are some of my before and afters (different wheels but both 19"). Perfect lowering height.

Does your first pic have spacers..

Old 02-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by RugRunner
Will do this as well. Pelican has the GMG springs for cheaper than GMG. :::Scratching head::: Is there an even better source than Pelican, which seems to me to be the winner at this point?
Pro tuning freaks..tell them your a 6speed member for a 10 % diiscont...

Old 02-06-2016, 05:44 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
When lowering the car with springs I have been advised that you really need to install the front bump and rear toe steer kits along with a set of adjustable thrust arm bushings to be able to properly set the car handeling at the lower ride heights.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM
RugRunner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4flynlow
When lowering the car with springs I have been advised that you really need to install the front bump and rear toe steer kits along with a set of adjustable thrust arm bushings to be able to properly set the car handeling at the lower ride heights.
How does that affect the all-in cost? Call it $700 for GMG springs (just product, not installed), the other items would bring it to...?

Old 02-06-2016, 08:20 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RugRunner
How does that affect the all-in cost? Call it $700 for GMG springs (just product, not installed), the other items would bring it to...?
The parts I listed run approx. $1,800 from bbi.

Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
GMG springs here ... Perfect ride height and they perform very well...

Agency Power CF front lip.. Have not scraped once --- yet ....

Photo #1 doesn't have the new lip installed ...

Last edited by TripleNet; 02-07-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by triplenet
gmg springs here ... Perfect ride height and they perform very well... Agency power cf front lip.. Have not scraped once --- yet ....
+1.....

Old 02-07-2016, 07:48 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TripleNet
GMG springs here ... Perfect ride height and they perform very well...

Agency Power CF front lip.. Have not scraped once --- yet ....

Photo #1 doesn't have the new lip installed ...
Sweet looking ride. Love the color!

Old 02-07-2016, 07:57 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by socialpro
Sweet looking ride. Love the color!
Thanks man... Very happy the way the car turned out..

Softronic tune, Porsche Short Shift, GMG Exhaust & Springs, Champion Wheels..

Old 02-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
Love my GMG's the combination of perfect ride and drop...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0396.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	653.2 KB
ID:	439748  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Were can I get gmg lowering springs from