997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any of you guys daily drive an A6 or GS350Fsport AWD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Brettg06878 will become famous soon enoughBrettg06878 will become famous soon enough
For me at least, it's a business expense.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:49 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Funny. My oldest landed a paying internship for next summer as an equity research analyst with a major bank in nyc. He's graduating debt free in 2017 from an Ivy League school and he owns a debt free 2012 Subaru Legacy limited, Leather, Nav, premium sound, sunroof and heated seats. We purchased it new with 0% financing for 4 years. I love that car. We had 24 inches of snow this weekend and I drove it to get gas for the snow blower. The more I drive it the more impressed I am with it. I think

My younger one is still waiting to hear from some school before he decides which one. Ill have 1 year overlap and that enough. Glad I planned early for these tough days.

Funny how much we have in common.

When I look back life flies. Looking ahead seems slower.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Your situation sounds very similar to mine. My oldest son graduated last year, with a good car (2012 Subaru) with no payment, as well as no student debt. He's a financial analyst in Denver and is totally off my payroll. Hopefully my youngest will have similar success. It's hardest when you have two in college at the same time. I had a two year overlap.

Hang in there... you'll see the light faster than you think!

Last edited by JSF721; 01-25-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:36 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I lease my DD that I spin miles on like crazy. They are not easy miles. I drive at least 18k per year. I drive through all kinds Of weather and road conditions. Last lease I bent 6 rims thankfully I had wheel and tire insurance. The roads around here stink and in the rain a puddle and pot hole look the same.

I don't want to own those cars after close to 60k miles. I purchase my kids and wife's vehicles as well as my toy car. These unlike my DD are low mileage cars that will have value for a long while. When I turn in my leased cars I feel like they are somewhat used up. They would require a lot of service to fix and replace wear items. And they are no longer tight. My owned low mileage cars are good for years.

I still own my 2002 QX4 I purchased new. It's one of the best most capable vehicles I've owned.

Originally Posted by elite1
None of them!

Sorry Brett and OP, I un-educationally disagree.

I don't get leasing and never have. I guess I drive my cars to much to understand and if I didn't, I wouldn't understand its true value to me. I guess I like the fact of owning 100% of my vehicles.

Can someone here explain the financial reasoning behind "Leasing a car?"

I'd rather play with the stock market than drive the newest Porsche/ BMW/ Mercedes 16' model.

For my home, I recently was thinking of the off-grid ($3K Tesla system(10year warranty))" for an even more future savings in case I was ready to retire.

BTW, I'm 34. I am open to any advice.

Last edited by JSF721; 01-25-2016 at 05:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:54 AM
NRoy7 is on a distinguished road
Have you considered a BMW? While they certainly have their drawbacks as of late - a 535xi used, has all the creature comforts of each vehicle but is significantly more fun to drive.

I had the Lexus for a year before I gave it to my dad, went with a E350 sport, kept that for a year then gave it to my mom. About 3 months ago I went with a 335xi (also used), as I dont really need the space of a 5, and it's a hoot to drive compared to the other two vehicles.

The xdrive goes over everything (it's snowmageddon here, and the car is solid), does 30 mpg, and still does 0-60 in 5 seconds.

When I got the TT, it really made the e350 feel anemic, and truly made me miss the weekends.

Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!

After...

Before..

Last edited by NRoy7; 01-25-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:31 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Wife has the 2014 A6 TDI Prestige, S-Line and black optic package and many times its our DD on the weekends when were together and also the road trip car. Couldn't really ask for any more - smooth quiet comfortable ride, all creature comforts one can want (even rear zone climate control), very roomy backseat if were out with parents/friends, and heck best feature of it all this beast gets close to 30MPG city 40 freeway!

Torque is great in every gear and off lights it just gets up and GOES. Great pep down low without having to 'rev' the car out. Still rides rather sporty as well on the optional 20" wheels we got on there! And looks great from any angle!

Those LED headlights are amazing on the car as well. Leaps and bounds over standard HID.

Last edited by socialpro; 01-27-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 AM
That's one good looking Audi I love the look with the wheels, sadly they don't offer those anymore.

I hope a car close to this falls into my budget.

Originally Posted by socialpro
Wife has the 2014 A6 TDI Prestige, S-Line and black optic package and many times its our DD on the weekends when were together and also the road trip car. Couldn't really ask for any more - smooth quiet comfortable ride, all creature comforts one can want (even rear zone climate control), very roomy backseat if were out with parents/friends, and heck best feature of it all this beast gets close to 30MPG city 40 freeway!

Torque is great in every gear and off lights it just gets up and GOES. Great pep down low without having to 'rev' the car out. Still rides rather sporty as well on the optional 20" wheels we got on there! And looks great from any angle!

Those LED headlights are amazing on the car as well. Leaps and bounds over standard HID.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:57 PM
After a long journey, and a lot of test drives, calculations, negotiations and research I have finally made a decision on a new vehicle. Left the deposit today.

It is a 2016 Q70S (Sport). Tech package, Touring, Bose package, Sport Wheels/Tires and Big brake package. Car has a great IIHS crash test which is very important to me. This is my 6th consecutive Infiniti purchase and a record for me by 4. All in all the car does everything I want in a daily driver, it is fun to drive and is priced exactly where I wanted to be for the equipment I wanted.

I was having a very hard time locating the exact car I wanted but the dealer located it down south. Not sure where as they won't tell me. I offered to pick it up and they said ownership would transfer at the pick up point and they would not be able to sell me the car so its being trucked in. That's why I guess they won't tell me. There are poor on-line tools to locate a specific car through Infiniti with the different packages. I'm not sure why they don't allow customers to locate the car they wanted, but the dealer has access to this in a second. I listed the packages I wanted and the dealers screen populated by vin 1-2-3. They we chose exterior color and Interior color and BOOM in seconds he located in our neck of the woods. I tried calling dealers to locate myself, but everyone wants you to come into the showroom to run a locate on a car they don't have-NO THANKS. I cannot wait for the day I can buy my car online and have dealer serve a service center only / test drive central. My dealer salesman happens to be a good one-Knows the car and the product. But on the whole, auto salespeople don't know squat about what they sell (This goes for all the brands I researched)

My colors choices with the set up I wanted were Black (Uh-NO!) I am definitely not up for that storm.

Moonlight white (Pearl) I have had 2 of these in a row so time for a change. most don't know I got a new car in 2013.

Hermosa Blue (bright navy, looks lighter in the sunshine)-Nice but its so dark I might as well just go black if I get that dark blue. My wife has zero idea what the hell I mean by that, but that a whole different story.

There is a new color for 2016 called Graphite Shadow. It's a charcoal color but filled with metallic flake and has a kind of pearl look to it. Dealer warned me that matching with touch up paint is as hard as the moonlight white due to 3 stage paint process. Oh well, here we go again.

Infiniti does not make a plain old white car like Alpine white on the BMW or Obis white on the Audi. That's what I would have wanted that in a second.

The interior I wanted was the Tuxedo interior-Dark carpets, steering wheel, dash board and headliner, light gray seats and arm rests. I think its much sharper than the standard one color interior. Interestingly enough that interior is not popular and is what made this so hard to find. A black or graphite (dark gray) interior is all over the place with this exterior color. I would have settled on black but got them to bring this in without any extra charge so all good.

Only the mechanical and technology prep will take place, No dealer exterior cosmetic prep will take place, we will peel the plastic together and check for damage. This is just like last time. They remembered the drill. Will be picked up by end of the month.

I hope the weather cooperates and I can go for a full monte detail. If it's too cold, I will wash and Permanon until the weather improves.

Planning on using a coating I never used before-Perhaps a big Gyeon coating detail on this baby, trying to make this baby shine like Mike did it-LOL.

Will polish with essence or something stronger once I see what I'm dealing with. Then, thinking Gyeon Mhoes (best non pro I can buy), topped with booster, tires with Gyeon tire, leather seats cleaned with PA Bella Clean, softened with PA Charisma, and sealed with Gyeon Leather coat, Gyeon tire on tiers, PA Engine on the Engine, trim and front plastic fender wells with gyeon trim, Rims with Gyeon Rim and Fabric and floor mats with Gyeon Fabric. Exhaust tips with PA Palladium, I will most likely use Optimum Glass Coat on the exterior glass and lenses as I have had stellar results and own a lifetime supply. If I hear of something better, in category I would consider trying it.

Wonder if I pack this stuff on the exterior paint and glass I can get 39 months (my lease)??????????

I may switch up some products if I find a better mousetrap or something interesting comes my way.

Last edited by JSF721; 02-12-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Congrats

Old 02-14-2016, 11:13 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Congrats. Lets see pix when she arrives

Old 02-22-2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it and I will post up when I get it all cleaned up.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Congrats
Originally Posted by socialpro
Congrats. Lets see pix when she arrives