997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2009 GT2 Protomotive 4.2L Big Turbos E85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:10 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
I guess the car has everything necesary to make the claimed power , stroked engine and big gt37 turbochargers. If the fuel supply isnt enough , that doesnt mean the owner cant work on the car again , no ?
I'd imagine it's getting worked on right now. I hope to see the car put down 1500+WHP. If it does, they will have changed some of the fuel system.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:31 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
vr6tee over this thread like white on rice. Subscribing to see this beast in action.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:14 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turboslut
vr6tee over this thread like white on rice. Subscribing to see this beast in action.
Someone has to keep things real

Old 02-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
I have had a build that doesn't make sense on the horsepower that was supported by the injector. I never had the car on the dyno but I probably had 500 passes at the drag strip with the set up.

It was a 6 cylinder car using a blue top Denso 720cc injector. The car was 2850 lbs. (that was my class minimum with penalties so it could not legally be lighter than that) and was put on the scales after every qualifying and competition pass for years.

The car ran low 8's at 164MPH so that equates to over 900HP.

The car used VP C16, ran a base pressure of 42 p.s.i. and raised the fuel pressure 1 to 1 with boost.

According to injector sizing formulas it was impossible to do what we were doing but we did it with that set up for 3 years. We ran the exhaust temperature pretty high (1800-1825 degrees at the pipe) and we never melted a piston in all the time we raced that car.

We ran a small shot of nitrous to help with getting the car up on the converter but it was a single nozzle system with just about the smallest nitrous fittings we could use.

When I used to race this car we didn't have access to a lot of the parts that were available today so this is the set up that we stuck with. Everyone would give us advice on what we should be doing but we were winning races and not hurting parts so we never changed anything.

I hate when I come on here and read threads like this because I can just imagine what it would have been like if forums were big when we were doing what we did. I would have never heard the end of it.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:11 PM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
I have had a build that doesn't make sense on the horsepower that was supported by the injector. I never had the car on the dyno but I probably had 500 passes at the drag strip with the set up.

It was a 6 cylinder car using a blue top Denso 720cc injector. The car was 2850 lbs. (that was my class minimum with penalties so it could not legally be lighter than that) and was put on the scales after every qualifying and competition pass for years.

The car ran low 8's at 164MPH so that equates to over 900HP.

The car used VP C16, ran a base pressure of 42 p.s.i. and raised the fuel pressure 1 to 1 with boost.

According to injector sizing formulas it was impossible to do what we were doing but we did it with that set up for 3 years. We ran the exhaust temperature pretty high (1800-1825 degrees at the pipe) and we never melted a piston in all the time we raced that car.

We ran a small shot of nitrous to help with getting the car up on the converter but it was a single nozzle system with just about the smallest nitrous fittings we could use.

When I used to race this car we didn't have access to a lot of the parts that were available today so this is the set up that we stuck with. Everyone would give us advice on what we should be doing but we were winning races and not hurting parts so we never changed anything.

I hate when I come on here and read threads like this because I can just imagine what it would have been like if forums were big when we were doing what we did. I would have never heard the end of it.
Well taking it to the track and running a number is usually the best thing to find out power and how fast a car actually is. But considering weight and the rest of it, this is one of those times where someone is comparing an actual dyno number with size of injectors.

The other factor too, is from what I understood was we were talking about E85 which is a huge difference (25-30% more fuel) Just my 2cents.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:58 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Op, which engine/tranny mounts are being used in this car?

Old 04-16-2016, 04:13 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Whatever happened with this build? More numbers?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
He melted the engine because the injectors were too small....

Just guessing

Old 04-17-2016, 10:51 PM
gtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud ofgtovan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Car runs great, but not worth dealing with trolls on here.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:19 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Congrats on your amazing build!

Old 04-18-2016, 04:30 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gtovan
Car runs great, but not worth dealing with trolls on here.
I am sure if Todd built it, you will be just fine and 100% happy.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I am sure if Todd built it, you will be just fine and 100% happy.
not the prettiest but $hit just works

Old 04-21-2016, 06:28 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Perfect build ..

Waiting the new updates

Old 04-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
You can not post details and then not show us some vids and pics of the car in action. Thats just being a tease

Ignore the know it alls. If they really want to find out how quick your car is they'll get down to Texas and race u with their space shuttles
2nd that! Need more on this beast!

Old 04-22-2016, 08:37 AM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
2nd that! Need more on this beast!
^^^^