997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 TT Appreciating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:32 PM
snaphappy is on a distinguished road
997.1 TT Appreciating

As someone who's saving for a TT, it seems like prices have gone up recently. Do they always jump during the Spring and drop suring the Winter? Almost everything in the $65k range is trip with high miles. When I first started looking, manuals with 35,000 miles could be found at $65k. Now most are $75k. Even if the price jump IS solely due to the good weather, this is a car to hang on to. I think those $75k cars will be $85k before you know it.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Seems like it's normal to jump during spring.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:31 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Yep, it's normal. I'm always window shopping, the same car that is listed for lower in the winter usually goes up in the Spring when it's not sold. It defies logic, if you can't sell it at that price, you should lower it but the opposite happens when Spring arrives.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:32 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Normal tactics - they call it shaking the tree.
Most dealers will respect if you go in and ask them for "yesterdays" price.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Obviously the prices for these and other sports cars like them drop in the winter as half the country is unable to use them in the snow and cold and the dealership would prefer to sell them rather than sit on them for 4-5 months...

However once the weather turns, people start looking for fun summer cars and the price follows the demand increase of the season change. Also they're used to lure people to the dealership to hopefully buy something so having a car hanging out on the lot isn't a bad thing.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:42 AM
SJFZ1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by snaphappy
As someone who's saving for a TT, it seems like prices have gone up recently. Do they always jump during the Spring and drop during the Winter? Almost everything in the $65k range is trip with high miles.
Personally, I think too much weight is given to "high miles" on these cars. I would rather take a chance/pay less for a 70,000 mile car that has good service documentation/DME scan and regular use, than a 30,000 mile car that has gaps in service history or was seasonally stored multiple times.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:50 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
In the UK they have started to appreciate as 2 years ago a 2007 model turbo with 65k miles was around £35k and now they are around £45k. 996 turbo S models are commanding £60k lol

Old 05-01-2016, 08:15 AM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
Similar condition cars have gone up 15-20k within the last 24months in EU.
Nothing to do with season. You can see prices climb month by month over here.
At the same time offerings of manuals have decreased by a similar percentage.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SJFZ1
Personally, I think too much weight is given to "high miles" on these cars. I would rather take a chance/pay less for a 70,000 mile car that has good service documentation/DME scan and regular use, than a 30,000 mile car that has gaps in service history or was seasonally stored multiple times.
Agreed. These cars were meant to be driven.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:10 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ynot
Yep, it's normal. I'm always window shopping, the same car that is listed for lower in the winter usually goes up in the Spring when it's not sold. It defies logic, if you can't sell it at that price, you should lower it but the opposite happens when Spring arrives.
in what world does it "defy logic" that sports cars people typically only drive in nice weather, sells for more money in nice weather then the dead of winter?

Seasonal adjustments should be expected with this car, or any sports car or fun/toy cars.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Anthony997.2 will become famous soon enoughAnthony997.2 will become famous soon enough
I'm seeing the same here in Switzerland for the 997.2 tt, don't think it's related to seasons.

Bought a 997.2 coupé tt pdk- 2010- with 35k miles in May 2015 for 88 USDk, now for about the same car with same mileage one year later it's about USDK 5-10 more.

Seems to be less offerings too, the most of them beings cabriolets in the entry price range ( starting from USDK 80)

Old 05-02-2016, 08:44 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
The air cooled Porsche bubble is affecting newer models

Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
plus you have to account for the tax return surge for those lucky enough to get one.

Originally Posted by Ynot

Old 05-02-2016, 12:22 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
I think they have stabilized here in the states (at the very least)

I've looked and lurked for years... never saw the big dip I was expecting after the 991 release.

Finally settled on an '07 with 34K 6spd car.. and found one in Cobalt!

Cant wait to get her.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:29 PM
rayng is on a distinguished road
I love my 997.1 turbo. It's fast, reliable, and most of all, has wider hips than any of my 993 wb. No oil leaks, no electrical issues, no smog issues, nothing but fast reliable speed. Get one, especially 6sp before they go up in price. I'm not a fan of the 991s, and would consider adding a .2 turbo s in the near future.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT Appreciating