997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BBI clutch slave install and review.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HIX
How will this feel combined with an ERP Triple?
i have the triple and a full gt2 slave conversion like factory. best feel there is. the way a clutch should feel

Old 05-27-2016, 12:06 AM
dkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond repute
of course i'm shopping around for these and I see you post this Rob... so when you coming down to cincy to help me put mine in?

Old 05-27-2016, 08:10 AM
dkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond repute
****ing ron...

Old 05-27-2016, 09:20 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
just use a home depot spring. just enough tension to allow cruise control to work. about 3$ using the stock spring housing
More details on the "home depot" spring? I might try it out for ****s and giggles while waiting for the GT3 spring to arrive.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:16 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
does the bbi kit still use pentosin in the front reservoir (frunk)?

Old 05-31-2016, 01:41 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jjurroz
does the bbi kit still use pentosin in the front reservoir (frunk)?
Nope you'll need to flush the system.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:28 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
will you be making more of these tools for the community at large?

Originally Posted by roncooper
With the tool I made you slide it between the red comp fitting a the bulbous on the line and it's you insert the tool the line simply comes out.

With out the tool you'll need to push in the red fitting while pulling out on the line. The PITA part is you need to have enough radial contact I the red comp fitting for it to release.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TypeRx
More details on the "home depot" spring? I might try it out for ****s and giggles while waiting for the GT3 spring to arrive.
home depot sku 684838. theres 2 springs in the package. the spring is just enough to allow the cruise control to not kick out on a bump.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:41 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
That's great - thanks for providing the info!!

I already received my Gt3 helper spring assembly in the mail so will install that but may play around with the the Home Depot version using my factory helper spring housing.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:32 PM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
15% is a pretty precise number...is that just your "calibrated leg" or did you actually measure it?

Also does it do anything with the "feel" of the clutch? Can you feel the engagement from a start?

Finally any change in the engagement point higher or lower?

Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
15% is a pretty precise number...is that just your "calibrated leg" or did you actually measure it?

Also does it do anything with the "feel" of the clutch? Can you feel the engagement from a start?

Finally any change in the engagement point higher or lower?
Yea that is my rough estimation. Honestly if feels even easier to depress after a few hounded miles. But maybe I'm just used to it now.

It feels like the engagement point is within the first two inches of push and before the midpoint of the stroke.

I've been driving a manual since 1999 when I got my first vehicle and I had not stalled a car since their after. That was until I got the 997. With the stock clutch slave I'd randomly stall the car. Maybe once or twice a summer but it alway caught me very off guard. Since doing the BBI slave the clutch feels very stable and stalling isn't even a concern.

The shift point is very consistent and yes you can easily feel the engagement from a start. I've had a few other 997 guys feel it and they have all bought the slave. The clutch in my 997 feels even better than the GT4. I drove a 997RS today and my clutch in the 997 requires much less obligation to depress.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:45 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Did the kit come with detailed instructions? A few new parts on this forum have some pretty awful install stories by the DIY community thus far.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:38 AM
No instructions were shipped however there may be some on BBI website. I've pulled my engine and trans before without any sort of DIY instructions. I had some experienced help however. I would recommend the same if needed.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Taxthe1% has a spectacular aura aboutTaxthe1% has a spectacular aura about
I have one and absolutely love it, quality part with a quality feel. BBI customer service is second to none.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by roncooper
No instructions were shipped however there may be some on BBI website. I've pulled my engine and trans before without any sort of DIY instructions. I had some experienced help however. I would recommend the same if needed.
Ron -- can you comment on difficulty for installing the clutch master cylinder? Does it basically involve a full R&R of the slave and what not as well? A brake fluid flush? When you installed the MC specifically, is it done in-cabin?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: BBI clutch slave install and review.