997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Vr6tee's guide to making HP with your 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:46 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26
VR6tee, are you using the SRM 4.5" coolers on your car? Or the old Switzer ones? Couldn't see it in your other thread. I'm curious about them for a 997.2 but haven't heard anyone using them on yet yet as people seem to only go with champion or AMS. They have great value for the price.
Yes. The SRM 4.5" coolers are in my car. They are a great cooler. My Switzer cooler had 2 different leaks in the core and header and it was $1700 to fix 1 cooler.... Seemed like a no brainier to upgrade to the SRM then.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 PM
Realife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Run a 50 wt oil. 15w50 or 20w50.
I will sure give it a try.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Realife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud ofRealife has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=vr6tee;4538333]Clutch
------

"DO NOT spend your money on an ERP/RPS clutch. If you do buy this clutch, you must agree to never come back to this forum to complain about it from this day forward"

As I already have it, I will provide first hand perspective without any affiliated b.s regarding this item shortly.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:12 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=Realife;4540147]
Clutch
------

"DO NOT spend your money on an ERP/RPS clutch. If you do buy this clutch, you must agree to never come back to this forum to complain about it from this day forward"

As I already have it, I will provide first hand perspective without any affiliated b.s regarding this item shortly.
I really hope it's a completely different clutch now. Jordan has an ERP too. I "forced" him to get a proto clutch and abandon the ERP. I'm sure he'll agree it was one of the best decisions he's ever made. Changing clutches after you just got your car back together is not fun.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !

I really hope it's a completely different clutch now. Jordan has an ERP too. I "forced" him to get a proto clutch and abandon the ERP. I'm sure he'll agree it was one of the best decisions he's ever made. Changing clutches after you just got your car back together is not fun.
it is completely different, looks more like a tilton now. realife does not have the new one tho. proto/sachs one works well, but it has had complete failures like CRRs GT2 not too long ago.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-19-2016, 02:12 PM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
I can confirm my ERP looks completely different than the old model.

I can also confirm I like my ToddK clutch. He also got it to me in 2 days!

My ERP clutch took 3 months, about 3 weeks too late to go into my car

Its for sale right now, but if the ToddK starts slipping and I haven't sold it.. ill swap it in.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:36 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Great information, can we sticky this!?

Old 07-25-2016, 12:46 PM
As i understand you are using the SRM brushless setup, did the integration with the Syvecs go smooth or was it involved with complications?

Old 07-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Realife
As i understand you are using the SRM brushless setup, did the integration with the Syvecs go smooth or was it involved with complications?
It's a single wire hookup. Ryan just has to set up the pin on the harness for PWM and it's done.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Thank you for your helpful input, I'm trying to get some info on the brushless set up bc its not common and we are struggling a bit with another brand of standalone with the pumps setup.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:39 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Subbed

Old 07-29-2016, 04:05 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Good write up. Couple things I'll add to your write up is:

1) Turbos: I Highly suggest people to try out the Xona stuff, top notch quality! There is a reason why T1, Nth Moto, AMS, Evoms, Protomotive, ES Motor, and the list goes on for shops that put these turbos first. The shops that sell Xona/FP only profit $3-400 a turbo, but they know it's the best and won't try to sell you other brands that can bring a larger profit. Other turbos will obviously work also, but like I said there's a reason the biggest shops use them and they are on the fastest P-cars out there (Not just dyno chart cars).

2) Clutch- He's right on the clutch stuff. Only thing I would say is 1300whp and up you have to go Tilton. It's the only answer. You wouldnt believe how many times I hear people go a different route and regret it later because they didnt want to bite the bullet up front and pay the big Tilton money.

3) Injectors- Once you go to the 1500whp+ range you will need 12 ID1700's.

4) I still feel John Bray is the best Engine Builder in the world (He has the cars to back it up). It never hits the boards, but you would be surprised how many shops/companies send him motors to fix/build.

5) The GT3RS Intake manifold is wayyyy better than the 997tt. IMO I wouldn't do it unless I was over a 1200whp. You use the 997tt manifold and combine it with the GT3RS (Thats what Evoms does and did on my car). I make over 1400lbs of torque and have great midrange.

6) As far as VTG cars go Sam at By Design has some bad *** VTG cars running around. He is one of the most honest good hearted guys in the industry. I still can't believe he had a customer run 10.4 at 144 on VTG's.

Sean/SRM has created some awesome, much needed parts as of late. It's awesome to see someone want to innovate as much as him and his team does. Paired with John Bray's engine building, Wayne from Syvecs tuning, and some quality parts, I feel there is a potential to build some fast P-cars out there. I'm excited to see the aftermarket Porsche scene grow.

If anyone ever has any questions feel free to PM me. I have no problem informing people what I've learned about builds, shops, products, etc over the last 5 years. From a stock 997tt to the fastest in Porsche in the world. Here to help as well!

Best of luck to you and your build Vr6tee. Great write up.....

Last edited by yumaverick; 07-29-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:39 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yumaverick

5) You use the 997tt manifold and combine it with the GT3RS
Can you clarify this? Are you saying to use the 997tt stock intake manifolds up to 1200hp and then higher than that to use the GT3RS intake manifolds?

The whole "combine" bit through me off.

-Jose

Old 07-29-2016, 09:10 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjurroz
Can you clarify this? Are you saying to use the 997tt stock intake manifolds up to 1200hp and then higher than that to use the GT3RS intake manifolds?

The whole "combine" bit through me off.

-Jose
Correct.

As far as combine. They cut the center part of one manifold and weld that center into the other manifold to keep mid range. That's how you get better flow without losing midrange torque etc. I'll post a pic later today.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Correct. As far as combine. They cut the center part of one manifold and weld that center into the other manifold to keep mid range. That's how you get better flow without losing midrange torque etc. I'll post a pic later today.
997tt intake is plastic, you can not weld to it

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.