997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Personal Car Thread-997.2 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
My Personal Car Thread-997.2 Turbo

Hola,

I just wanted to take a second to talk about my own car and some of the things that I have done to it.
To start I have a 997.2 Turbo that I bought about 6 months ago. It is a 2010 White on Black CPO car. I have a thing for white 911’s with black interior and this one was perfect. One owner car and all maintenance done at Porsche.

When I first got the car I had the Volk TE37’s from my 997.1 and put it on this car with some RSR suspension bits to push the wheel to look a bit more aggressive and have no ride issues. I had the car setup at BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach with the suspension parts and they aligned the car. As per the usual the car came out great! They really are masters of their craft and it is great working with them.

Since then I have had added a few things. The car has AMS intercoolers and a COBB Accessport ( I mean, why wouldn’t it). Since then I have added an exhaust and headers.

Since we have seen really great power results in testing with the Kline exhaust parts I reached out to Sam @Bydesign and asked him for a solid setup that won’t be too loud. I decided to try the Inconel system as I have heard it before in other cars and it sounds great. I also decided to add the Inconel headers as well. Now, I did not get a chance to do a before and after on the dyno as I just moved to Austin, so I have not had a lot of free time. Before the car on 91 made 600WHP and I would say it feels a good amount faster now. I will get it on the dyno here soon to verify what I feel in the car.

I have to say that the build quality of the Kline is really amazing. I knew that the performance of it was awesome as most people on this forum have seen what they have been able to do with their systems and it is really pretty impressive. I will say that the sound of the system is amazing! I am really enjoying it as it is louder than stock with a great note too it, but not so loud I can’t hear myself think. Robert Boreham in Phoenix did the install and he did a great job! Highly recommend him to anyone in the area!

Stay tuned as I will update as I do a bit more to the car.

Thanks for looking!

Mitch Mckee
Cobb Tuning

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 08-30-2016, 07:43 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Very nice. Subscribed for more updates.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
your car is exceptionally clean underneath. Mine looks like someone sprayed it with a lovely dirt/rust spray paint.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:23 AM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
Nice 997.2 TT CPO find and can't wait to see where you go with your build!

Old 08-30-2016, 09:12 AM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
looks great! love those wheels.

when you installed the Cobb AP, what maps did you use for the AMS intercoolers and exhaust (without the headers)? did you go with a custom tune or a OTS Stage 3 map for the 997.2T?

i presume you are still on stock turbos too?

btw - im the one who send you a few questions about Cobb last week for the 997.2T (same 2010).

Old 08-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
We used my car for the Stage 3 map development. So it literally just runs an OTS Stage 3 calibration. (You would figure I would custom tune it but I just haven't had time)

I am on stock turbos!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

Old 08-30-2016, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome Mitch! The car looks amazing especially with the wheels. You and the Cobb team have been so supportive and top notch to work with for all of us so it feels great to be able to support you back! It's no mystery this is my favorite exhaust system and I just have to say the boys at Kline Innovation never let me down as far as delivering the right sound and performance tailored for the occasion! Put together with the combination the other guys have helped you set up it's almost exactly how I would do my own car.

Thanks again for all your support and enjoy it!

Here's a Dyno attached from a 2010 .2 before and after the exhaust only. Aftermarket 200cel to full Kline Decat. On your car with tuning and manifolds I can't wait to quantify what you got with that sound.

This is a 991.2 TTS bone stock vs Kline with HJS Motirsport 100cel and equal length manifolds...

1st run vs 1st run

2nd run vs 2nd run

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 08-30-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Very nice Mitch! So are you going to track it?? That's the direction I'm taking my .2. People say the 997.2 is flawed compared to the 991 chassis and suspension but I think it's more visceral and exciting at the track. The hydraulic steering provides better feedback. And lots of great aftermarket parts available for it.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
I might take it to some track days here at COTA now that I am in Austin. I have never been behind the wheel a lot through the years, more of a computer guy on race cars, but I would very much like to track it. Your car should be very fast on track Long!

-Mitch

Old 08-30-2016, 04:52 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Very nice. Ugh 600whp on junk 91oct. Don't make me sell my 997.1 lol.

Enjoy it!

Old 08-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rez90
your car is exceptionally clean underneath. Mine looks like someone sprayed it with a lovely dirt/rust spray paint.
look into Cryo cleaning. It does wonders.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:05 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Very nice - car looks Stellar, thanks for sharing!

Old 08-30-2016, 05:45 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
I might take it to some track days here at COTA now that I am in Austin. I have never been behind the wheel a lot through the years, more of a computer guy on race cars, but I would very much like to track it. Your car should be very fast on track Long!

-Mitch
Been a dream to go to COTA! Had a trip planned and then something came up. Definitely get out there if you can. Straight line is whatever for 15 seconds...so what. COTA you can go ***** out for 30 minutes straight on one of the best tracks in the world.

Actually it's interesting. The more I track this car, the less power I want out of it. Too much power has been upsetting it. Tricky to deal with a turbo car with a lot of power. I think I need a dedicated track car and a separate dedicated airstrip car. Not one that does both. The 991 is just sitting...so I'm thinking...

Old 08-30-2016, 06:50 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Car looks awesome Mitch. Great job.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:59 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Wow, you're in Austin? I'll be down there sometime soon. Think I owe you dinner and drinks .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Personal Car Thread-997.2 Turbo