997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 Turbo mods .. round 3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 07:42 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
997.1 Turbo mods .. round 3.

Well, round 1&2 bumped the go factor up so now its time to make it slower with 75lb of radio gear

I also redid the door panels with fresh alcantara and a few other doo-dads.

Still have the car apart. hoping to have it back together in a couple of weeks. It only needs another few hrs of work, but I am out of town the next couple of weekends

here are a bunch of pics:

Facebook Post

Old 09-19-2016, 08:45 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Very nice!

RE: the alcantara door trimming, did you buy these pieces as-is or have them upholstered? Do you recall the color code?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:24 AM
h4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to beholdh4nh is a splendid one to behold
wow. nice work !

Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
I had them done by a local upholsterer. I took the doors apart and just took the pieces over. I do not have the color code, but it is Alcantara brand.. they have a little book to thumb through.

I also replaced the plastic around the window switches as it was scratched up.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:53 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jordonmusser
I had them done by a local upholsterer. I took the doors apart and just took the pieces over. I do not have the color code, but it is Alcantara brand.. they have a little book to thumb through.

I also replaced the plastic around the window switches as it was scratched up.
You do the plastic yourself? the pieces are $80 a pop, i was going to do mine but wasn't sure if you had to cut them out of the door or if they simply clip in. Last time I remember they were plastic-welded into the door panel and you have to break them and re-epoxy.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:33 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dhahlen
You do the plastic yourself? the pieces are $80 a pop, i was going to do mine but wasn't sure if you had to cut them out of the door or if they simply clip in. Last time I remember they were plastic-welded into the door panel and you have to break them and re-epoxy.
Yes they are plastic welded.. It looks like the factory just takes a heat gun or iron and melts the end of the "rivets" to make them stay in place.

I replaced my "Door finishers" as I think they are called with red ones for a contrast and you carefully drill out the "rivets" of the old one until it's free.. Pop the new one in and I use a soldering iron to melt the rivets back on..

Sounds harder than it really is..

Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 AM
What Saabin said, its pretty easy. Drill out the plastic melted areas, and remelt the new one. I used a torch and the tool I made (about 5 pics down).

Tho you could do it with a soldering iron and an old tip.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:20 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
those alcantara accents on the doors are nice!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
can you show the bracket you made for the positive post on the battery? i like that idea and would like to add that to my setup

Old 09-22-2016, 07:50 AM
32- ill take some more pics its pretty simple. I normally cut off the pos battery terminal and put one on that has multiple positions but they are pretty bulky and I wasn't sure it would entirely fit under the battery cover. plus this was basically free, ha.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
It is a very clean install! Only thing you may want to consider is an in-line fuse for the wiring from the positive terminal to your amps. I see a fused distribution block but I think you are also supposed to fuse ~6" or less from the main terminal as well (just extra safety).

Old 09-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Ya, no fuse block next to the battery. Agreed it is good practice, but the routing is pretty safe, grommets used, thick insulation and only about 36".. I live dangerously

Old 09-25-2016, 08:52 PM
first shot at a glass subwoofer enclosure like this.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:53 PM
another pic of the bus bar.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome as usual Jordan. We have to keep you excited when you are done or you will get bored!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Turbo mods .. round 3.