997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

1/2 mile results- e85 stock turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Eric's are bone stock. No upgraded wheels...yet

Old 09-23-2016, 06:04 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdxm5
Yeah I was just thinking no way a stock turbos 997 will trap a true 160 on pump gas. Racegas/e85 sure.

Btw you can't trust any apps on your phone unless they connect to an external unit like vbox.
Regardless....I have done it multiple times. The last event had cooler temps, and I did over 163. This comes from the event equipment...not my phone. But I can compare my app time to the event slip and see that it is the same, so very reasonable assumption that it is correct, or very close.

DC

Old 09-23-2016, 06:50 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdxm5
Just to put it into perspective my car on pump 92 is neck to neck with a huracan from a 40mph roll, on e85 I murdered him. I have 63 vtgs like longboarder said.
Yeah your car just flies on e85. I have a couple other data points comparing Shift Sector and NFZ event results where friends of mine are hitting low 170's at NFZ events and then at shift sector are in the 163-166 range.

While your car would definitely have a higher trap speed, it would be awesome to see a 1/2 mile drag race between your car and a bolt-on e85 997.1 automatic trans with stock turbo.

When I go to these events I like to see/participate in races but more and more people are just going solo to concentrate on trap speeds. I can't tell you guys how many people didn't want to race me at February's shift sector event. It was frustrating.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:52 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Yeah your car just flies on e85. I have a couple other data points comparing Shift Sector and NFZ event results where friends of mine are hitting low 170's at NFZ events and then at shift sector are in the 163-166 range.

While your car would definitely have a higher trap speed, it would be awesome to see a 1/2 mile drag race between your car and a bolt-on e85 997.1 automatic trans with stock turbo.

When I go to these events I like to see/participate in races but more and more people are just going solo to concentrate on trap speeds. I can't tell you guys how many people didn't want to race me at February's shift sector event. It was frustrating.
Agree! I just go to enjoy speeding with no tickets I race anyone/everyone. I enjoy seeing the trap speed, but really just like going fast, and racing/winning is fun as well. I raced a 400 HP Hayabusa, a Kawasaki H2, and a 1350 WHP Boost Logic GTR last week. I won 0 of those races, but was fun hanging in there as best I could. One of the bikes gave me a little head start, and then was crapping when he almost didn't catch me ....All in fun.

I have never Dynoed my car, and frankly do not care what the HP or WHP is. It feels very fast and runs great. I do all the work myself except my tune (Thanks Scott at Softronic....it runs great and has been flawless)....But I do all upgrades and maintenance...It is my stress relief from normal work.

How does my car get the speeds it is apparently not supposed to hit? Clean living, and church on Sundays ...haha. Bees cannot fly....but they do it.

Anyway...enough babbling. I am glad they have these events....not so worried about winning the highest speed....just enjoy going fast. If I wanted to win, I have the platform, and would drop the motor and start going at the internals and make it win....But I also like that I can drive to the events, and home, and to work all the time with no issues.

I am no Longboarder, but I do what I can

Take care,
DC

Old 09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by therock88
Regardless....I have done it multiple times. The last event had cooler temps, and I did over 163. This comes from the event equipment...not my phone. But I can compare my app time to the event slip and see that it is the same, so very reasonable assumption that it is correct, or very close.

DC

Dc I was referring to standing 1/2 mile time events, of course what you ran is true for that event

Old 09-23-2016, 09:26 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder

i dont know about a Tip 997 but a 991 PDK off the line is a nightmare for me. I would love to line up to a Tip 997 sometime. I raced against another huracan at the last shift-sector, he was doing 155-159 and using LC and i gave him a solid jump off the line, he was probably 15 cars ahead by 3rd gear, i caught him right at the 1/2 mile flags. Couldnt do that with a 991t that was trapping 161.

my car should be a tad faster now too

Old 09-23-2016, 10:06 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by therock88
Agree! I just go to enjoy speeding with no tickets I race anyone/everyone. I enjoy seeing the trap speed, but really just like going fast, and racing/winning is fun as well. I raced a 400 HP Hayabusa, a Kawasaki H2, and a 1350 WHP Boost Logic GTR last week. I won 0 of those races, but was fun hanging in there as best I could. One of the bikes gave me a little head start, and then was crapping when he almost didn't catch me ....All in fun.

I have never Dynoed my car, and frankly do not care what the HP or WHP is. It feels very fast and runs great. I do all the work myself except my tune (Thanks Scott at Softronic....it runs great and has been flawless)....But I do all upgrades and maintenance...It is my stress relief from normal work.

How does my car get the speeds it is apparently not supposed to hit? Clean living, and church on Sundays ...haha. Bees cannot fly....but they do it.

Anyway...enough babbling. I am glad they have these events....not so worried about winning the highest speed....just enjoy going fast. If I wanted to win, I have the platform, and would drop the motor and start going at the internals and make it win....But I also like that I can drive to the events, and home, and to work all the time with no issues.

I am no Longboarder, but I do what I can

Take care,
DC
Haha we have the exact same thought process on this. Like you I like to drive up and race with a totally reliable car. I never have great trap speeds because I'm not interested at all in the big HP game. That's all high trap speed is....who has the most HP. I like to do more with less. Meaning create the most efficient setup with less power and run against cars with 200, 300, 400 HP more and win or at least come close.

I think you would also like doing road course in your car. Trust me it's 1,000X more fun than going in a straight line!

Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 AM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
We went last year, it was nice you could get as many passes in as you wanted. The left lane was so bad, that's why we skipped it this year. I did go 161.3 on 100 octane

Old 09-23-2016, 07:21 PM
echerbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah its always a pissing contest. Every event, everyday, every car are all different. Just use the data a tool to see where the car is at and get some good logs.

Gonna hit the drag strip and get some good data there. Trap speeds and et there tell the real story of how much power the car is making. Along with a vbox pull. So Ill keep everyone posted next week and crack of some solid 10's.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:59 AM
Paintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by echerbst
Ran 1/2 event sunday at the Rantoul airport, no fly zone. Car performed great on the scary bumpy runway, lol. Got 164 mph out if it hitting the rev limiter in 5th about 200 feet shy of the finish. So prolly has a little more in it. Thanks again Sam.
AMS intercoolers are money, didnt see antything over 129 degrees. Car just pulls and pulls so hard on e85, gotta love it.

Hitting the drag strip in a few weeks to see if can crank off some solid 10 second passes.

Here is an in car video my buddy took vs a new c7 z06, w/ headers, tune, pulley. Pulled on him pretty hard.

https://www.facebook.com/herbsthighp...3156119478623/
What was your launch technique here? Not sure if I could tell for sure from the vid.
Was it off idle to engage the clutch and then just flooring it?
Running my first 1/2 mile at French Lick and have had people tell me to soft launch, to hard launch...not to launch...

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:27 AM
echerbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond repute
In the 1/2 mile not really gonna pick up any more mph with a super aggressive launch. U can let soft then just get it on it. That was a race against that guy so I left hard. It bogged a little. Just like the 1/4 mile. The better u 60 foot u will actually lose a few mph on the big end.

I Have my launches down pretty good now. Hooks hard. Let clutch out around 5500. Can't just let it rip though. Have to slip it a little then as soon as it's out give it full power.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paintballzen
What was your launch technique here? Not sure if I could tell for sure from the vid. Was it off idle to engage the clutch and then just flooring it? Running my first 1/2 mile at French Lick and have had people tell me to soft launch, to hard launch...not to launch... Thanks!
Are you running both days?

Old 09-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Paintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of lightPaintballzen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
Are you running both days?
Unfortunately no...just Sunday due to other obligations.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paintballzen
Unfortunately no...just Sunday due to other obligations.
i have a sat slot if you need one

Old 09-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have a sat slot if you need one
I wish I could! Won't be there until Saturday afternoon so I couldn't run anyways.

Thanks though!