997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:14 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Sorry to hear about your misdealings.

They seem to be pretty busy posting on here . You may want to chime in there

Edwin
They HAD a thread somewhere in here talking about their build process, but I don't see it anymore. I'd suggest psting on that renn list post. If I still had an active ID over there I would also.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
FWIW, there are a lot of complications even with Small Claims Court. An experienced scammer can run you in circles if they know their way around. If you are thinking of going this way I suggest getting a copy of the Nolo Press book on Small Claims Court in California. It could save you additional grief. [I worked in LE but had expertise with this for a period of times as a lot of crimes started out as civil cases.. like this.]
Good luck

Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I too was curious about them. They had nice wheels and pics, but couldn't get past my "gut" to order wheels from them in spite of their attractive pricing.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:57 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by john rice
FWIW, there are a lot of complications even with Small Claims Court. An experienced scammer can run you in circles if they know their way around. If you are thinking of going this way I suggest getting a copy of the Nolo Press book on Small Claims Court in California. It could save you additional grief. [I worked in LE but had expertise with this for a period of times as a lot of crimes started out as civil cases.. like this.]
Good luck
Agreed. If they are experienced scammers there may be nothing you can do... If they are just a run of the mill poorly run business, a lot of times the squeaky wheel gets the grease if they aren't quite ready to fold up shop yet.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:56 PM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
I also considered buying Race Tech wheels and am grateful to this and other forums for exposing a lack of communication and accountability that was a loud red flag. Am now considering used HREs for my hard earned money and hoping to make a fair and intelligent purchase based on due diligence and not being afraid to ask all the right questions. It's either that or buy new from a known to be reputable vendor. Thank you for exposing this vendor - how do they continue to exist and post on our forum?

Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by realking
I also considered buying Race Tech wheels and am grateful to this and other forums for exposing a lack of communication and accountability that was a loud red flag. Am now considering used HREs for my hard earned money and hoping to make a fair and intelligent purchase based on due diligence and not being afraid to ask all the right questions. It's either that or buy new from a known to be reputable vendor. Thank you for exposing this vendor - how do they continue to exist and post on our forum?
another tip.. use Amex. Not visa/mc

Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Why Amex? Do they have improved fraud clauses or insurance terms?

Old 12-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Jako
Why Amex? Do they have improved fraud clauses or insurance terms?
Just better customer service in general on every level. They are also the bank and the card network, so they have more control as well as less finger pointing (ie captial one says it's visa's rule and they cant change it, and visa says talk to your bank). Anything that has a whiff of me possibly ever needing to call my CC company goes on the Amex for sure and I've never been disapointed.... unlike my Chase visa, which is bad, and my capitol one mastercard which was TERRIBLE.

Last edited by TimeTomorrow; 12-09-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by realking
Thank you for exposing this vendor - how do they continue to exist and post on our forum?
They were banned from this forum in November and can no longer post here

Old 12-09-2016, 11:51 AM
JayinToronto has a spectacular aura aboutJayinToronto has a spectacular aura about
Raz from RTF just called me. Tried to give me the same runaround about how they issued the refund and how it must be a problem with me and my credit card company. Offered no proof. It's funny, he kinda sounds like a nice concerned guy. I guess that's all part of running a successful scam.

Still waiting on the refund........

Old 12-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Raz from RTF just called me. Tried to give me the same runaround about how they issued the refund and how it must be a problem with me and my credit card company. Offered no proof. It's funny, he kinda sounds like a nice concerned guy. I guess that's all part of running a successful scam.

Still waiting on the refund........
Dude... Why are you so passive on 5k? Maybe I'm a dick, but if 5k is no big deal to you, I'm guessing you wouldn't have gone with off brand wheels. If it were my $5k, everyone involved would be begging me to stop calling. Conference call your credit card issuer with the vendor.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:17 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Got my race tech's from Raz...and they were mint/fit perfectly.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:40 PM
JayinToronto has a spectacular aura aboutJayinToronto has a spectacular aura about
Not sure why you assume 5k is no big deal to me. As to being passive, I was very unpassive with my credit card company and with Raz in the end. Got no help from either. I elevated my complaint through visa all the way to their ombudsman with no luck. The only thing I'm yet to do is to pursue it through the courts. Hoping this on-line pressure works (but after the call I don't think it will).

Next step is small claims court.

Yea, the off brand thing is a lesson well learned.

Originally Posted by TimeTomorrow
Dude... Why are you so passive on 5k? Maybe I'm a dick, but if 5k is no big deal to you, I'm guessing you wouldn't have gone with off brand wheels. If it were my $5k, everyone involved would be begging me to stop calling. Conference call your credit card issuer with the vendor.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:49 PM
They look great. Just don't take them on the track or push them hard. Here's a link and a pic a rennlister sent me when he did.

https://www.tapatalk.com/topic/844-pelican-parts-forums/934044-alert-serious-problem-at-race-tech-forged-motoring

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Got my race tech's from Raz...and they were mint/fit perfectly.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-09-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:38 PM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
^^^^Oh damn, that's not good. Those are "Track Spec-5's" too. Well, we'll see. I've pushed mine pretty hard a couple of times but this certainly leaves me cautious. I'll keep an eye on them. To be fair, I've seen/heard about other "track quality" rim mfg's having the occasional major failure too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.