997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

458 vs 911TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:15 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 3llooi
I use Aquamist... so does many other

Check my build thread
Are you running a mix or 100%? I wouldn't consider running it unless I run 100%... that's just me.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Southpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw07 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
See, that's why I love you guys here on this forum. You think rationally... 😬 I'm actually glad I had posed the question and got a lot of great feedback. I do think you're almost 100% correct with the exception being pulling hard to top end. My car runs out of horsepower and I feel it falls a little flat after about 1/4 mile or 130mph. I really noticed it in November at the 1/2 mile event.

I drag race and it pulls extremely well to the finish line, but after that it needs help. Again, maybe it's just the "refinement" I'm feeling?!?!! Ha! Thanks for your input my friend.
Ask Adam (longboarder) about this...he mentioned something about having to shift earlier in the higher gears. Maybe he'll chime in but I'm pretty sure he mentioned that when he shifts earlier in the higher gears, he trapped higher. His mods are similar to yours except he has E85 blend. The only cars that pull him on top are 1,000 WHP cars and he makes under 600. They'll still pull really hard up top, but with those mods, for some reason they fall short of redline and have to be shifted earlier in higher gears.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhSoCal
Ask Adam (longboarder) about this...he mentioned something about having to shift earlier in the higher gears. Maybe he'll chime in but I'm pretty sure he mentioned that when he shifts earlier in the higher gears, he trapped higher. His mods are similar to yours except he has E85 blend. The only cars that pull him on top are 1,000 WHP cars and he makes under 600. They'll still pull really hard up top, but with those mods, for some reason they fall short of redline and have to be shifted earlier in higher gears.
That's curious... I was flat out and my car only ran 153mph in the 1/2 mile. It honestly felt strong through roughly half the track but it felt soft after that. I attributed it to pulling timing based on stock intercoolers and being heat soaked running wot. I'll ask him. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I attributed it to pulling timing based on stock intercoolers and being heat soaked running wot. I'll ask him. Thanks!

Yes that is exactly what is happening! It runs hard on the shorter gears, but as load/speed increase with the longer pulls, your EGT's and IAT are going through the roof.

On shorter pulls like a dedicated 60-130 pulls my 997.1 T on 94 pump gas with upgraded ETS intercoolers did the same 6.9 60-130 and 5.9 on E85 as when I had my stock coolers in. I never got them re-tuned for the intercoolers as of yet, but do not expect to pick up a lot for 60-130 & shorter pulls.

The difference for me with the upgraded coolers was on longer pulls 2-5th and in 5th gear was very noticeable. Especially on pump gas it felt like a VERY noticeable difference verses my stock intercooler & naturally less of a difference verses cool running E85 (but still noticed a difference).

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 01-04-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:52 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Would anyone consider a Ferrari FF ?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:23 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Are you running a mix or 100%? I wouldn't consider running it unless I run 100%... that's just me.
Now running 100% methanol

Emre my tuner is a genius

Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by turboslut
Would anyone consider a Ferrari FF ?
Not me...

Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Now running 100% methanol

Emre my tuner is a genius
Yeah, you car runs very well from what I can tell. Impressive numbers!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:16 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Yeah, you car runs very well from what I can tell. Impressive numbers!
thanks bro!

now started a new tune on pump gas 91 oct... will go see how it performs

Emre is not done yet with the race tune .. more should come

Old 01-05-2017, 09:39 AM
thanks bro!

now started a new tune on pump gas 91 oct... will go see how it performs

Emre is not done yet with the race tune .. more should come
Keep us posted... i thiiiiink I have a plan to make this car a little more uncivilized. 😬 Might be falling out of love with the idea of a 458 afterall. This thread has given me inspiration.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Keep us posted... i thiiiiink I have a plan to make this car a little more uncivilized. 😬 Might be falling out of love with the idea of a 458 afterall. This thread has given me inspiration.
Well... ping me!

We can chat for hours loool
I'm sure I can practice my sales techniques on ya hahahahaha

And Emre is the kinda guy u really can count on! Seriously.. the best I've dealt with in the industry.

Just set a budget and objective ... or one of the two

Old 01-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Well... ping me!

We can chat for hours loool
I'm sure I can practice my sales techniques on ya hahahahaha

And Emre is the kinda guy u really can count on! Seriously.. the best I've dealt with in the industry.

Just set a budget and objective ... or one of the two
Yeah, we need to discuss your setup... I might copy a couple of things you've done.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, we need to discuss your setup... I might copy a couple of things you've done.
Happy to help

Old 01-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Happy to help
So, I got ahold of Alky Control for a meth kit and he said he could build me a custom kit with a 15 spray nozzle with room to grow... what spray nozzle or nozzles are you running?

Old 01-07-2017, 07:39 PM
So, I got ahold of Alky Control for a meth kit and he said he could build me a custom kit with a 15 spray nozzle with room to grow... what spray nozzle or nozzles are you running?
What's a 15 spray nozzle???

I'm using Aquamist system with two 1.2mm nozzles, 600c each

Not sure about how Alky works... but Aquamist is pretty advance and has more importantly, fail safe controls.

PM for a thorough plan. Please don't jump on installing pieces of mods that might end up not what u want.

You can start a new thread too... for 997.2 modding and I'm sure you will gather good insight once u decide what u want

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.