997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bigger turbos, need some guidance.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:35 AM
jaygotti is on a distinguished road
Bigger turbos, need some guidance.

So I've been doing a lot of OT lately and finally saved up for some bigger turbos. =D I've been doing some reading and I heard the newer turbos come with the xona rotor wheel, which flows better. My goal is to get 650whp+, what supporting mods do I need for this? And also I'm running AP Cobb tune, any one in NY that can tune Porsches? Thanks in advance

Old 01-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
If your goal is 650-700AWHP, you can achieve that on E85 with your stock turbos with just a re-wheeled larger billet wheel like a 63.5mm,66,67 etc. on the cold side and a small clip on the exhaust side.

There has been some that have achieved 640-660AWHP on BONE STOCK turbos on E85.

The rewheeled with the right supporting mods can make about 580-610AWHP on 93+pump as well!

Now if you are looking to make 650+ on pump, you would need to do larger turbos, but it is hard to beat a stock based VTG's on E85 with the amazing power band that they have.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:30 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
You can always give Sam a call. He can answer all your questions in one conversation rather than waiting for replies about what different people think are the best . Then he can get you a great deal on whatever you decide to go with.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by ctony66
You can always give Sam a call. He can answer all your questions in one conversation rather than waiting for replies about what different people think are the best . Then he can get you a great deal on whatever you decide to go with.
Thanks, actually he did both after I posted. Lol

Old 01-14-2017, 06:58 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Yeah. I get Sams advice and points me to the right direction. And his deals are hard to beat

Old 01-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaygotti
And also I'm running AP Cobb tune, any one in NY that can tune Porsches? Thanks in advance
Pretty sure Turtle Tooning can help you. Also, AIM Performance has worked with BrenTuning to do remote COBB dyno tunes.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
Pretty sure Turtle Tooning can help you. Also, AIM Performance has worked with BrenTuning to do remote COBB dyno tunes.
That's correct. We have multiple tuning options for Cobb. Sent you a DM jay.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:28 AM
dangeris is on a distinguished road
Who is Sam and where can I contact him? I'm sorta kind in the same boat. One of my stock VTGs started leaking oil so it's time to rebuild but while I'm in there, wanted to upgrade a few things to up the HPs. Would love to talk to him and get some ideas (and costs) to get this moving forward.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 AM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
SamboTT is your guy. Majority of my mods were from him. Hard to beat his prices

Old 01-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dangeris
Who is Sam and where can I contact him? I'm sorta kind in the same boat. One of my stock VTGs started leaking oil so it's time to rebuild but while I'm in there, wanted to upgrade a few things to up the HPs. Would love to talk to him and get some ideas (and costs) to get this moving forward.
sam by design. he is a vendor on here

Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Why has the tuner list dwindled so much in the past year? Did cars blow up and these guys gracefully bow out?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:53 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turboslut
Why has the tuner list dwindled so much in the past year? Did cars blow up and these guys gracefully bow out?
Very few tuners develop their own softwares in house. Information is free and people tend to go directly to the sources to obtain best results and price.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Your parts have shipped buddy. Can't wait till we get this baby wrapped up for you and you're gonna love it!

Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Your parts have shipped buddy. Can't wait till we get this baby wrapped up for you and you're gonna love it!
Thanks 😬 can't wait either.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Franc01 has a spectacular aura aboutFranc01 has a spectacular aura about
Let us know what you went with and how you like it!

-Franc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.