997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Suncoast Porsche parts & shipping disaster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:57 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Suncoast Porsche parts & shipping disaster

I was contemplating if I should write a note on this, but feel that given the massive inconvenience and cost, it may be a good public service note, for everyone on the board, but more importantly it would also put pressure on Suncoast Porsche to seriously look at the large gaps in their parts and shipping processes.

I’ll start off by saying that I have ordered parts, from Suncoast, potentially 8 times without problem, however what has recently happened is a total failure on their side.

I’m in the process of repainting and updating my car to an OEM GT2RS look, and one of the final parts that we are waiting for are the rocker panels (or Lower Sills).
I ordered them two weeks ago, with expedited shipping. Expedited being critical to the process as these components are holding up work at the body shop and frankly also adding to costs for things such as a curtesy car, etc. – every day of delay is adding to the costs.

The parts arrived a week after I ordered them – great.
I live in Canada and the shipment warehouse that I have parts shipped to is in the US, which usually takes me 4 hours to get over the border grab the parts, pay duties and back.

So…

Shipment #1:

I get a notice the sills have been received by the warehouse. I make the trip over the border, and to my surprise there were two large boxes.
One box appeared to have Porsche Cayenne floor mats for the front driver and passenger, rear left and right, and matts for the back storage – I’m thinking to myself, that’s clearly a screw up. I open the second box, and pull one GT2RS rocker panel out … things are looking up, and then instead of the right side rocker panel, I had what appeared to be a Porsche Boxster lower rear bumper exhaust surround.

WTF???

Obviously I was really disappointed, and thinking how is it possible they screwed up this bad?
More so, I would only be able to head back over the border in a week due to other priorities, which means this mishap just added a week to the entire process and all the other cost have increased.

The shipment was sent back, and a new shipment was sent.
I was communicating with Dana at Suncoast to sort things out – and I might add she has been an absolute star. Fast on email responses, and just great professional service. I had asked her to ensure that the correct package be expedited to ensure it arrives before the next weekend for pick up and asked if she could inspect the shipment personally before it goes out – I couldn’t afford another mishap. She had walked over to inspect the package, however the package had already been sealed. The “parts guy”, who ever that was, had assured her that the right parts have been packed.

Shipment #2:

So the shipment arrives and…
It’s just one package this time – things are looking up.

I open the package, and I see two rocker panels.
The left is correct...

The correct GT2RS Rocker panel (Sill).

...however the right rocker panel is clearly not a GT2RS.
They shipped me a standard 997 sill.

WTF!?!!?

How does that even happen?
This just absolutely took my level of frustration to 11!

The additional hassle, time and cost to drive over the border, and most importantly costs of the delay are now exceeding the cost of the rocker panels themselves.

Suncoast, you seriously need to revisit your process!

So here we go again... those were sent back and I will need to have these re-shipped. For a third time...

Last edited by pureporsche; 01-22-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Sorry about your troubles - that would be extremely frustrating.

Hopefully suncoast will step up and get you taken care of, they've always been good to deal with in my experience.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i just sent some parts that I INCORRECTLY ordered over a yr ago. they took them back with no issues. are you relying on them for the part # or are you supplying them the part # of the parts you want?

i always deal with aldo. he hasnt failed me yet in support ordering or help in returns.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:02 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Yeah, I have the online order slip and shipment confirmation email which have all the correct part #'s.

The breakdown, I'd speculate, seems to be happening when pulling the items off the shelves and packing them.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:45 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Is there a difference between the Gt2Rs sills & the Gt2 ones ,i don't think so ? i have the Gt2 ones either way that sucks, but maybe there getting confused with the Gt2Rs stuff which always has a premium .

Old 01-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Yeah, you are correct, the sills as far as I know, are the same for GT2, GT2RS

It's the GT2SILLTRIM part number, which is the same for both on their site.

The factory part is 9975043638001C (which was the correct part shipped)
The right side should be 9975043648001C

What I got, second time around was: 9975043640101C ( the regular Carrera 4 sill)

#thePain ...oh #thePain

Old 01-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
maybe they need to punt the picker

Old 01-22-2017, 07:57 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Maybe they can send you a photo prior to shipping the next ones so you can confirm what they are shipping is correct?

Old 01-22-2017, 10:42 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Sorry you had a issue with Sun Coast. Did you try to resolve the issue by calling them? I have ordered many times from them and there pricing kills the other dealerships and they have given me fantastic service. Everyone makes mistakes give them a chance to correct the error.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:42 PM
alpha motoring is a glorious beacon of lightalpha motoring is a glorious beacon of lightalpha motoring is a glorious beacon of lightalpha motoring is a glorious beacon of lightalpha motoring is a glorious beacon of light
You can buy the GTS ones they're the same exact thing as the GT2RS ones.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:21 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Suncoast has always been terrific to work with. I am sure the breakdown is the person pulling the parts. Starting work on a project with modifications before all of the parts are sitting in front of you seems to always be the kiss of death. Puts unnecessary pressure on everyone. Hopefully they get the correct rocker to you ASAP. Good luck - it will all be worth it in the end.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
They should really double check for these large items, I am sure that they are losing money at this point on this deal with all the shipping back and forth. I never had an issue with Suncoast. I have only been dealing Ryan there for over 6 years now.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Didn't want the thread to end on a negative.

Ric at Suncoast got involved and it turned out that the third time was a charm - 100% correct.

He also added a few little goodies in there which were very welcomed. Thanks Ric!

Old 02-02-2017, 10:24 AM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Suncoast is a stand up vendor.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by 997TTEQNY
Suncoast is a stand up vendor.
They get shipping wrong,
...but can't argue with them being a stand up vendor!
+++1

They made it right in the end.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.